“Awesome. Simply awesome!”
Review of Kayak the Nile

Kayak the Nile
Ranked #2 of 16 Tours in Jinja
More attraction details
Owner description: From mild to wild, novice to expert, there's something for everyone at Kayak the Nile. Take a relaxing 2hr kayak cruise or go for high adrenaline with our grade 5 tandem kayak trip. Learn to white water kayak with Uganda's most experienced and qualified coaches or improve your skills on the Nile's big volume rapids that vary from grades 1 to 6! Whatever your time frame, or your ability level, there's a kayaking opportunity here for you, so you too can experience Nile's natural beauty and its wild white water rapids.
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Kayaking with Kayak the Nile is well worth the time and money. I had two amazing days on the river with highly skilled instructors, great challenges and safe environment. I have not done riverkayaking before, but I will definitly do it again! If you have the opportunity to go riverkayaking on the Nile with KTN, do it!

Date of experience: April 2014
Emily W, Owner at Kayak the Nile, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2014

Thank you for the recommendation, Bjornar! It's great to hear about your experience and we're happy you're inspired to continue kayaking!

Hope to see you on the river again soon,

All reviews
"these guys"
in 4 reviews
"once in a lifetime"

Reviewed 28 March 2014

I would strongly recommend visiting Kayaking the Nile and getting on the water. I had not paddled for 3 years and was a little rusty but the river is an awesome place for intermediate paddlers to improve (if you can run a grade 3 you will love it). The rapids are big, varied and relatively safe. Kayak the nile instruction is fantastic, I spent the 3 days with Jamie who was ace and enabled me to run the whole river. The team are very friendly, they have a wide range of kit (I’m 6’4” so sometimes struggle getting into boats) and they are very welcoming at the bar!

Date of experience: March 2014
Emily W, Owner at Kayak the Nile, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2014

Hi Tom H - thank you very much for the review and recommendation! I'll be sure to pass your compliments on to your instructor, Jamie.

We appreciate you taking the time to tell others about your experience, it's great to hear about it and we think the Nile's awesome too! Thanks for joining us and we hope to see you on the river again soon,

Reviewed 7 March 2014

All I can say about Kayak the Nile is that I can fully recommend it! My two weeks were the best time I spent kayaking so far. Most importantly the guides were very helpfull not only on water but also in land with any requests I had. I will come back next year!!!

Date of experience: February 2014
Emily W, Owner at Kayak the Nile, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Thank you for the review and recommendation, Simon! We look forward to welcoming you back here on the Nile next year,

Reviewed 2 March 2014

As part of a group of 6 UK paddlers I spent two week with Sam, Emily, Jamie and Colin getting some excellent freestyle white water coaching. I had an absolutely superb time and have some great memories, running some of the biggest rapids i've ever seen.

KTN will cater for any and all kayakers including complete novices and the River Nile supplies the best scenery and wildlife. A must for anyone looking for an adventure in Africa.

Date of experience: February 2014

Happy to host you here on the Nile, Matt C! It was great getting to know you guys; we had a lot of fun too! Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review, we look forward to kayaking with you again soon,

See more reviews
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Kayaking on the Nile River is a wonderful experience. The water is cool and refreshing, you have experienced guides and get to see the beautiful green banks of the White Nile. Lunches are fabulously delicious! They also have kayaks for beginners so that you just sit on the top and have no chance of going upside down, so it is safe for everyone.

1  Thank BenefacTours
Emily W, Owner at Kayak the Nile, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Hi BenefacTours - thank you for the review and for joining us on the Nile! It's great to hear about your experience. We're happy you had a fun time with us and we hope to see you back on the river again in the near future,