“Go for it”
Review of Kayak the Nile

Kayak the Nile
Ranked #2 of 16 Tours in Jinja
More attraction details
Owner description: From mild to wild, novice to expert, there's something for everyone at Kayak the Nile. Take a relaxing 2hr kayak cruise or go for high adrenaline with our grade 5 tandem kayak trip. Learn to white water kayak with Uganda's most experienced and qualified coaches or improve your skills on the Nile's big volume rapids that vary from grades 1 to 6! Whatever your time frame, or your ability level, there's a kayaking opportunity here for you, so you too can experience Nile's natural beauty and its wild white water rapids.
Reviewed 25 July 2014

I used this outfit recently, and was very impressed with everything. Dave in the office was a ton of help going over the details with me via email before I arrived, and clearly answered every question I had. I expected a brief canned email but instead got a real email back that was so helpful. The shop had a large selection of quality kayaks and good gear as well. Once on the river, my guide David was a great guy to go boating with and helped me work on some play boating moves I didn't know. Running the nile was one of the highlights of my trip, and KTN made it easy and stress-free.

Date of experience: July 2014
Emily W, Owner at Kayak the Nile, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Thank you for the review! I'm very happy to hear we succeeded in creating a stress-free and fun experience for you.

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us feedback; we aim to go above and beyond wherever possible and hearing about our guests' experiences helps us grow and ensure we're providing the best service we can,

All reviews
in 4 reviews
"once in a lifetime"
"fantastic experience"

Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Jamie, Shaggy and Dave will ensure you have a amazing time. We'd done a little bit of ocean kayaking prior to signing up for a 2-day course with Kayak the Nile and they paced our learning to match. An awesome crew and an amazing experience to learn on the White Nile. I even got to roll with the aid of a life jacket on my paddle! Jaws is also a thrilling grade 3 rapid to test your nerves.

Emily W, Owner at Kayak the Nile, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Hi Karen - thank you very much for taking the time to leave us a review. It's really useful for us to hear about your experience and we're glad to hear you had such fun! I'll be sure to pass your compliments on to the rest of the team,

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Many people can say they have kayaked down the Nile but only few can say they SUP the NIle. I recommend this to people who have some time in Jinga and want to do something a little different. Doing the grades 1 and 2 on a stand up paddle is hard but a lot of fun. You need to be able to put your pride and ego aside because you are going to take some pretty fun falls off the board. All in all it was a great way to spend the day on the water. Sim and Shaggy our guides made us three girls have a blast. I am pretty sure they laughed at us the whole time, but we were laughing at ourselves the whole time too. Well worth the time and money.

Date of experience: June 2014
1  Thank Renae N
Emily W, Owner at Kayak the Nile, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Thanks for the recommendation Renae! SUP boarding is a new addition to our line up here at Kayak the Nile and it's definitely a unique, challenging but fun way to experience the river! I'm happy to hear you all enjoyed yourselves and I've passed your compliments on to Sim and Shaggy.

Thanks again for taking the time to review us, and for joining us on the river,

(Co-owner/operator)

Reviewed 16 June 2014

I have had 3 lessons with Kayak the Nile and they have all been amazing. I was very nervous before I started but their instructors have been fantastic.I have now been down grade 3 rapids, can do T rescues and am almost able to roll. I even attempted the legendary superhole this weekend! The quality of the instructors is outstanding and I am not only learning what to do in a kayak, but why I need to do it. I can't recommend Kayak the Nile enough - if you haven't had a lesson yet then what are you waiting for?

Date of experience: June 2014
1  Thank Anya W
Emily W, Owner at Kayak the Nile, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to review us, Anya W! It's great to hear about your experience so far. Well done for overcoming your nerves and challenging yourself!

Thanks again for the recommendation,

See more reviews
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Our first trip to Uganda, was a experience of a life time. I had in my mind what to expect but it was that and so much more. Kayak the Nile are a amazing company to go with if you are a first timer like me or one of the more experienced kayakers. NRE was just a perfect place to stay, basic but all you ever need in a beautiful setting, everyone was just so friendly and helpful….. Nile special beer was great too. I rafted down to the Hairy Lemon island and stayed there for 2 days just a wonderful setting. If you are considering a trip to Uganda and to Jinja and are slightly nervous about arranging it ….. I would say just do it, Kayak the Nile made the whole experience so much smoother than i could of ever done on my own. Now suffering the Nile blues….. looking forward to going back there.

Date of experience: May 2014
Emily W, Owner at Kayak the Nile, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Thank you rhonademps! We really appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. We were happy to help with the planning and organising of your trip to the Nile and we're glad you had such a good time!

We look forward to welcoming you back on the river again soon,

Emily Ward (née Wall)