Open today: 08:30 - 18:00
Review Highlights
Excellent experience.

Our group of four weighed up the options and decided to sign up for the Intro to Kayaking course... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
bos_breker
Stellenbosch, South Africa
Fantastic teachers and LOADS of fun!

I recently had the good fortune to do the Introduction to Kayaking at Kayak The Nile and i cannot... read more

Reviewed 8 January 2019
sonjaahoy
Durbanville, South Africa

All reviews world class white water the river signed up learning how grade rapids great trip end of the day super fun beautiful scenery these guys fantastic experience sam lesson skills sim whitewater
Reviewed 22 August 2014

We had an amazing 3 weeks in Uganda and despite having loads of fun doing other activities in our time there, the weekend we spent with Kayak the Nile was the best. It was great being able to learn some of the key basic skills needed for white water kayaking and applying those throughout the rest of the day. It was very clear that the instructors where of a high standard and extremely patient and knowledgeable. All the staff were helpful, friendly and accommodating. Would definitely recommend to friends and would love to go again and learn more!

Tom and Anna Weddell

Date of experience: August 2014
Emily W, Owner at Kayak the Nile, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Hi Tom and Anna;

Thank you for the recommendation! We're so proud to hear that your kayaking experience with us was a highlight of your time in Uganda!

We love kayaking, and in turn, we love seeing people getting hooked on the sport that is our passion. Getting feedback is so useful to us and it's a real boost to the whole team hearing comments like yours. I'll be passing your compliments on to the rest of the staff here,

Reviewed 13 August 2014

I went out with kayak the Nile the morning after an intense day of whitewater rafting. It was a lovely change of pace. The water was smooth and calm, the sun was hot, and there were birds everywhere! We even brought out homemade banana cake and coffee and tea to enjoy out on th3e water. Bring binoculars to take advantage of the chance to spot birds, and even otters. ENjoy!

Date of experience: July 2014

Thank you for sharing about your experience AllyDC!

Tea and homemade gluten-free banana bread are included in our sit-on-top tours that take place as part of our monthly yoga/kayak mornings. As you say, these are a relaxing change of pace after the intensity of being on the white water. We're glad you enjoyed yourself!

Reviewed 4 August 2014

I've taken 6 kayaking lessons with Kayak the Nile and have loved everyone. All the instructors are great, super patient, and amazing at their jobs. I started out quiet scared of the white water and they have been very patient with me in building up my skills and confidence in the water. It's also an amazing place to learn how to kayak, and I've been able to go down class 3 and 4 rapids and even try some surfing! This section of the Nile is probably one of the best and safest places to learn how to white water kayak, and KTN has some of the best instructors. Easily one of my favorite things about being in Uganda!

Date of experience: July 2014
Emily W, Owner at Kayak the Nile, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Hi Yuen - Thank you for taking the time to write a review, and thank you also for posting your photos! They're great to see.

We're happy to hear that kayaking on the Nile has been a highlight for you, we love it too! Sam (my husband, and KTN co-owner/operator) and I have chosen here as our home simply because of the quality of white water!

Well done on making such great progress and thanks again,

(Co-owner/operator)

Reviewed 25 July 2014

I used this outfit recently, and was very impressed with everything. Dave in the office was a ton of help going over the details with me via email before I arrived, and clearly answered every question I had. I expected a brief canned email but instead got a real email back that was so helpful. The shop had a large selection of quality kayaks and good gear as well. Once on the river, my guide David was a great guy to go boating with and helped me work on some play boating moves I didn't know. Running the nile was one of the highlights of my trip, and KTN made it easy and stress-free.

Date of experience: July 2014
Emily W, Owner at Kayak the Nile, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Thank you for the review! I'm very happy to hear we succeeded in creating a stress-free and fun experience for you.

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us feedback; we aim to go above and beyond wherever possible and hearing about our guests' experiences helps us grow and ensure we're providing the best service we can,

Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Jamie, Shaggy and Dave will ensure you have a amazing time. We'd done a little bit of ocean kayaking prior to signing up for a 2-day course with Kayak the Nile and they paced our learning to match. An awesome crew and an amazing experience to learn on the White Nile. I even got to roll with the aid of a life jacket on my paddle! Jaws is also a thrilling grade 3 rapid to test your nerves.

Emily W, Owner at Kayak the Nile, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Hi Karen - thank you very much for taking the time to leave us a review. It's really useful for us to hear about your experience and we're glad to hear you had such fun! I'll be sure to pass your compliments on to the rest of the team,