“Tired and needs updating...”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lakeville
Boston
“Tired and needs updating...”
Reviewed 24 June 2012

I have stayed at this hotel several times (my parents really like the place). It's close to the relatives, so that's a plus, but over the years, it doesn't look like any updating has been done. The staff is very friendly and helpful, but the first room I was offered smelled like cigarette smoke and when we checked in it was stressed that we would be charged $100.00 if we smoked in the room....(we don't smoke). I asked to change rooms and was given a room with a king sized bed instead of two doubles which wasn't a problem. It did not smell like smoke, but it was dreary. The bed was hard and the sheets were threadbare with small tears. They seemed clean enough, but the bed cover was worn. The carpet was dirty and stained. When I went to plug in my phone, it was difficult to find outlets and when I searched for one behind the bed it was dusty and dirty back there. The bathroom was clean enough, but the towels are worn out and looked dingy.
I was in another room that seemed to have a new carpet and better bed linens, but overall, it seems like the place could be nicer.
I will say that as a plus, the restaurant that is attached, "Leisures" is popular. They gave us a discount for breakfast there, and it was a good value.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
La Rochelle, France
Reviewed 31 May 2012

We spent two nights in a sad room, on a stained carpet, with a not welcoming bathtub spa close to the bed, on an old mattress, and in the noise of piping : it’s an old motel. People came and went all night in the corridor of our level, spoke, opened and shut the doors : a nightmare ! It was during a week-end.
We spoke about it at the desk after the first night, they thought that the next would be correct, but not at all !

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Lakeville hotels

Rochester, New York
Reviewed 17 November 2010

The positives:
- The restaurant had really good food for reasonable prices. I ate there three times and was happy with my meal each time.
- The staff was friendly and helpful.
- Free WiFi.

The negatives:
- The bed was hard and I found it to be uncomfortable.
- The cleanliness was so-so. Between the head of my bed and the nightstand, I spotted a toothpick and some pretzel.
- There was no elevator.
- The walls were thin and I was disturbed by people in neighboring rooms.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with friends
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 28 July 2010

This hotel was wonderful. My husband and I stayed here for our aniversary in the Jacuzi suite. The room had lots of natural light and was very cozy and comfortable. Vitale park with lake access is just a short walk down the road and was a fun place to walk to in the morning. The staff was both friendly and extremely helpful, providing us with extra glasses and an extra ice bucket when we asked. The restaurant that is attached to the hotel has a wonderful saturday night all you can eat crab legs that were to die for. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
rochester ny
Reviewed 7 July 2009

First they lost our reservations so most of our party of seven adults had to stay home on the 4th of July. They made no effort to accomodate us when we complained about the higher rate we were forced to pay. They quoted us a spring rate then tried to make us pay the summer rate. We were forced into a more expensive room than we expected because thats all they had left. They advertise pet friendly but in the lobby there is a large sign PETS NOT ALLOWED IN ROOMS. Are people supposed to leave their pets in the car overnite? They also state AAA but they are not! I asked for the AAA rate and was refused and they finally admittted they are not AAA at all.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lakeville
Quality Inn Geneseo
Red Roof Inn Rochester Henrietta
RIT Inn & Conference Center
RIT Inn & Conference Center
#13 of 16 in Henrietta

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!