“Disappointed”

Cross street: Rts 15/20A
Churchville, New York
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

I was looking forward to eating outside lakeside but because I had made a reservation we were seated inside, told there was no room on the deck. OK, but then the food came. Overpriced for what it was. Small portions with not a lot of flavor. For the price I was expecting something phenomenal... Ehh! Really not impressed. Cheddar mashed potatoes had no cheddar, mahi mahi was small and grilled, as were the scallops....now I love grilled but they had no sauce, no special flavoring...in a word boring. Definitely not worth the price.

Naples, Florida
“above and beyond the expecation...kudos to NSG”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Planned a sorority reunion luncheon there for Sat July 12 and did all of the planning long distance with Frank......there were 28 of us and the entire experience was absolutely flawless!!! The food was outstanding, and Heather our server, did an A++, job keeping us all happy. The staff was so attentive and let us visit as long as we wanted to,....there was 50 years of catching up! The portions were very generous and the food was some of the freshest ever, served in a very appetizing presentation. ALL the gals were so appreciative of the venue and the total experience was GRAND....many thanks to Frank and staff for providing such a lovely and relaxing luncheon for us old Phi Lambda Chi sisters.....cheers!!

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Tripadvisor Creepily Asked Me to Review This”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We ate at the North Shore Grill last night, and then this morning I got an email from Tripadvisor asking me to review the North Shore Grill. I found this really creepy -- either Tripadvisor is following me around, seeing my credit card transactions,, or else it has somehow gained access to my email and is reading it!

In any event, North Shore Grill is a pleasant place, but remember: (1) The reason for going here is to sit at an outdoor table on the lake, not to eat inside; (2) The outdoor tables only handle groups of 4, so it is not worth going with a larger group (you will be put to an inside table); (3) the service and food is good and not expensive -- our total bill for 8 people came to $200 with tax; (4) the grill should cut back on the deep fried food -- I know this is the easiest to cook because everything can be controlled, but the onion rings and fish fry were too much; (5) the $2 draft beers are great; (6) it is a popular place so make a reservation.

Finally, it is creepy that tripadvisor knew I was there last night.

1 Thank robertli1234
“Food was ok, definitely not worth the price.”
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

We really enjoyed this place before they "remodeled " and changed chefs. We went because we wanted to eat outside and be near the water. Unfortunately the outside needs some work. It just looks like no one cares. Benches are worn out , no landscaping, etc.
As far as the food is concerned the portions are too large and the prices too high. The fried foods were too greasy. It's just too bad because this used to be one of our faves. I wish there was a nice place to eat on the lake, but it looks like those days are over. Our waitress was the only redeeming feature of the dinner. We gave it another try, but we won't go back again.

Warsaw, New York
“Horrible”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Horrible experience at the North Shore Grill, Lakeville, NY and the Owner was obnoxious about it to us. We were prepared to pay $25+ entrée price but never got to eat. We got our starter salads and 1 drink, never saw the waiter again and an hour later when we complained that it was 10:30pm and we had not eaten yet, the owners snarky response to us "what do you gotta be in bed"? None of his business, but yes we all had worked a full day and one guest had just drove 6hrs from out of state. The deck was packed with "bar patrons" no food going out there or in the dinning room which only had 4 tables occupied. This place is an over priced bar with subpar drinks that happens to be on a great location can't comment on the food, as we never got to eat.

2 Thank LauraSca2014