“Will come back soon!”

North Shore Grill
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Pub
Good for: Business meetings, View
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Rts 15/20A
Rochester, New York
“Will come back soon!”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

First time at the North Shore Grill...on a beautiful summer afternoon. We really enjoyed the outdoor atmosphere...the friendly staff...and plenty of great food. We will come back!
Full disclosure: We went because we know "Barry...one of the bartenders" who told us it was a wonderful restaurant. It was great to see him...but he was not responsible for the attentive server, the excellent food, and all the other happy diners on the patio.
I completed a brief questionnaire at the end of this review. Some items were not answered because I do not know everything the restaurant offers.

Henrietta, New York
“great happy hour”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We have eaten here several times and not happy with the food but love the location, so we went for happy hour. They have a great Tiki bar with live music and great views of the lake. The bartender was fantastic and when not busy behind the bar came around and talked with all the customers. I would go back more and more just for the Tiki bar experience.

Churchville, New York
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

I was looking forward to eating outside lakeside but because I had made a reservation we were seated inside, told there was no room on the deck. OK, but then the food came. Overpriced for what it was. Small portions with not a lot of flavor. For the price I was expecting something phenomenal... Ehh! Really not impressed. Cheddar mashed potatoes had no cheddar, mahi mahi was small and grilled, as were the scallops....now I love grilled but they had no sauce, no special flavoring...in a word boring. Definitely not worth the price.

Naples, Florida
“above and beyond the expecation...kudos to NSG”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Planned a sorority reunion luncheon there for Sat July 12 and did all of the planning long distance with Frank......there were 28 of us and the entire experience was absolutely flawless!!! The food was outstanding, and Heather our server, did an A++, job keeping us all happy. The staff was so attentive and let us visit as long as we wanted to,....there was 50 years of catching up! The portions were very generous and the food was some of the freshest ever, served in a very appetizing presentation. ALL the gals were so appreciative of the venue and the total experience was GRAND....many thanks to Frank and staff for providing such a lovely and relaxing luncheon for us old Phi Lambda Chi sisters.....cheers!!

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Tripadvisor Creepily Asked Me to Review This”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We ate at the North Shore Grill last night, and then this morning I got an email from Tripadvisor asking me to review the North Shore Grill. I found this really creepy -- either Tripadvisor is following me around, seeing my credit card transactions,, or else it has somehow gained access to my email and is reading it!

In any event, North Shore Grill is a pleasant place, but remember: (1) The reason for going here is to sit at an outdoor table on the lake, not to eat inside; (2) The outdoor tables only handle groups of 4, so it is not worth going with a larger group (you will be put to an inside table); (3) the service and food is good and not expensive -- our total bill for 8 people came to $200 with tax; (4) the grill should cut back on the deep fried food -- I know this is the easiest to cook because everything can be controlled, but the onion rings and fish fry were too much; (5) the $2 draft beers are great; (6) it is a popular place so make a reservation.

Finally, it is creepy that tripadvisor knew I was there last night.

1 Thank robertli1234