“A Little Piece of Heaven: Worth a Detour”
Review of Amy's Take Away

Amy's Take Away
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Lanesville
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Takeout
Pleasantville, New York
“A Little Piece of Heaven: Worth a Detour”
Reviewed 2 September 2012

Amy' Take-Away can now be a sit down experience in a beautiful garden setting. Imagine sitting next to a raised bed of zucchini, eating stuffed squash blossoms, and heirloom tomato and fig salad, and mushroom soup from the gods, plus many other delectable entrees which do include meat and seafood. This is farm fresh gourmet food, very reasonably priced with truly artistic mouthwatering presentation. You will want to cater your next intimate dinner for two or party from Amy, whose infectious smile and passion for food will captivate you.
Amy is five miles down route 214 from Phoenicia, a glorious mountain road on the way to Hunter Mountain. Take a drive there any day of the week through Columbus Day weekend for a luncheon feast.

• Visited August 2012

New York City, New York
“Wonderful, exciting food”
Reviewed 24 February 2012

To clarify to other readers: Amy's Take Away in Lanesville is what it says - take-away. This winter season, Amy also serves in Catskill Mountains Foundation building which is in Hunter Village. This is where in addition to buying food to go, one can have a sit-down dinner on Friday and Saturday evenings and brunch on Sunday.

My husband, four of our friends and I had an impressive dinner there two weeks ago. We went early to make sure we can enjoy a full selection, because as mentioned by others she does run out of some of the items. That's nothing bad in my opinion - it kind of serves as a guarantee that the food is always fresh. Everything we ordered - salad, curried mussels soup, lamb purses, seitan, fish - all was so delicious (!!!) that I can't wait till I go there again.

I don't remember having to wait for food too long like other reviewer said, but maybe we just had a great company and too much wine from across the street:)?

I highly recommend it to others and wish Amy good luck in her business so that her sit-down place in Hunter keeps serving. We are in Hunter every weekend, and it's good to finally have a great place close-by without having to go to Tannersville.

• Visited February 2012
New York City, New York
“Interesting Little Place”
Reviewed 16 January 2012

We went to Amy's Take Away the 2nd night of our stay at Hunter. With a focus on local, organic, vegetarian and vegan food I was definitely more enthusiastic to go there than my husband who eats meat. The space is interesting. It's located in the arts center that also houses a bookstore and movie theater. The restaurant is in a large open space that looks to be the lobby of the building. (It was brand new when we went so its location in the building may have changed).

The food was great. Oddly, for a place that bills itself as mainly vegetarian/vegan there were only 3 veg/vegan choices on the menue--2 apps and 1 entree. The rest were meat. (I think the menue changes daily.) The wild mushroom salad I had was delicious. The veg meatloaf was a little heavy for my taste but that was the only entree available for vegetarians. My husband loved his entree-shrimp with wild mushrooms and grits.

The service was incredibly slow. We didn't mind as we had nowhere to go but back to the inn. I estimate it took about 1/2 hour for our appetizer to arrive and another 1/2 hour-40 minutes after that for the meal to arrive. They were sold-out of several items which is usually a good sign.

Amy's is BYOB with a $5 cork fee. There is a liquor store across the street.

Visited January 2012
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Good, healthy, well made...”
Reviewed 1 April 2009

Good, healthy, well made take-out - what a concept!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook