“Hidden gem located just outside of Ithaca, NY”

Rogue's Harbor Steak & Ale Incorporated
Ranked #2 of 9 Restaurants in Lansing
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Bar, Steakhouse, Pub
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Ithaca, New York
“Hidden gem located just outside of Ithaca, NY”
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Although have lived in the area of over 30 years, had never stopped at this restaurant before. Wanted someplace different, so we made Saturday eve dinner reservations and were delightfully surprised at the ambiance and tasty food. Finding the desk for the restaurant was a bit of a challenge since there are 2 possible doors from the parking lot and we picked the "wrong" door: one entrance indicated the B&B so we picked the other door, which actually lead us into the bar area. Once we eventually found our way to the restaurant, we were promptly seated. The menu had good variety and they pride themselves on using local ingredients, and feature local wines. Our waitress was attentive and was very familiar with the menu. The décor was interesting, and the restaurant was clean; not musty like sometimes historic places can be. We had the potato skin appetizer ($5.50) which was displayed nicely on a bed of greens and was delicious, but was a bit surprised that the sour cream came in little paper cups. I had the soup of the day which was a very meaty vegetable beef, while my companion had a salad. There were multiple salad dressing choices! He had the cedar plank salmon ($20) which I am told was cooked perfectly. He also chose a baked potato and had the vegetable of the day of snow peas. His butter and sour cream also came in little paper cups. I had the wild mushroom ravioli ($15) that came in a heavenly rich cream sauce. It looked like a huge portion until I realize that there were large chunks of tenderly cooked onions in the sauce; I personally would have like a few more ravioli, but it was still very tasty. With 2 sodas, our bill + tax came to a pretty reasonable $48. By the time we left, the place was very busy with a mix of larger parties, couples and some children. We were too full for dessert this time, but would gladly come back again to try other items.

• Visited October 2013

Ithaca, NY
“Interesting place”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Interesting history, adequate food and drink, nothing spectacular, outdoor seating in on a porch at a busy intersection of highway. We didn't sit outdoors, it was already dark and chilly.

• Visited September 2013
Central NY
“Self Service?”
Reviewed 5 October 2013

My group of friends and I stopped in to taste Rogues in house brew with plans for a bite to eat. Arrived, took a seat...took 15 minutes to take a drink order....then the waiter asked if we will be having anything to eat. We said yes but bring us our drinks and come back for our order. It was not busy. He brought us our drinks and we reminded him to check back with us in a few minutes, we would order. 30 minutes passed.....I had a watch running ( I'm in the business), no check back, we threw some cash on the table and went to the next restaurant. Everyone claims the economy is bad, well this place doesn't want our money. Went down the road spent $150 bucks, left a nice tip. Would not recommend this place, beer is ok, and....well I don't know about the food, never was offered any.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank hoggie123
Weedsport, New York
“Delicious food at reasonable price”
Reviewed 30 August 2013

We visited on a weekday for an early dinner. Seated on the porch, very nice but is near a busy intersection. Tried two of their own brews, both very nice. Calamari was light and tasty, and about 3-4 dollars less than what we pay at most restaurants. The Inn advertises using local where possible and this is indicated on the menu. Stuffed pork loin, an evening special, was moist and flavorful. The oyster mushroom risotto with lemon chicken was also very good, but the pepper was a bit heavy handed. Will definitely return to try other offerings.

• Visited August 2013
Annapolis, Maryland
“Needs a little work”
Reviewed 20 August 2013

A local recommended this restaurant to us as we were traveling from out of state. Beautiful historic building, full of charm. The menu looked really great with a variety of solid choices. However, what was brought to us wasn't as delightful as written in the menu. My husband ordered the stuffed cabbage. We knew it was an unconventional version but what was brought to the table looked more like a bowl of soup. I ordered the chicken stuffed with feta and argula. The chicken breast was literally burned, and tasted burned. I don't like sending food back to the kitchen but it definitely crossed my mind here. I love how they serve local food. The bread from Ithaca Bakery was fantastic. The dipping sauce, a combo of parmasan cheese and spices mixed with olive oil, was awesome. Also, the outdoor seating overlooks an intersection so it got to be loud as 18-wheel trucks rolled by. Worthy of another try but they have some work to do in my opinion.

• Visited August 2013