“Fabulous Stay”

Hotel Indigo Albany-Latham
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Latham
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We had a wonderful stay at Hotel Indigo. We decided to go with a king suite and simply loved the room. It was comfortable, clean, and the service was friendly and nice.

The hotel was close to all the sites we wanted to see in Albany, as well as great restaurants.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SethandAnn
Jennifer B, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Albany-Latham, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Dear SethandAnn, It is nice to hear you enjoyed your recent stay and loved your room selection. We have a great team and your review reinforces that. We want all our guests to feel comfortable and at home. Thank you for staying with us and for taking time to review your recent stay. We do hope that you choose to stay with us when traveling to the area. Kind Regards.

There are newer reviews for Hotel Indigo Albany-Latham

Reviewed 2 April 2014

I stay at the Hotel Indigo several times a year for business meetings. The staff is wonderful, the hotel is clean and the food is great. My most recent stay was in February 2014.

Room: The beds are very comfortable, the pillows are good and the comfort on the bed has good weight to it which gives you a cozy feeling when you sleep. The bathroom and showers are clean, and they use Aveda products in the bathroom. The TV also has a great selection of channels. The only negative I have with the rooms is that only the rooms on the 5th floor have blackout curtains, and some of the rooms do have parking lot lights shining in the rooms at night. All of the rooms have blinds, but if you're near the parking lot lights the blinds don't do enough to darken the room.

Food: For our meetings we usually have dinner and breakfast catered by they hotel. Both are very good. I have also enjoyed the food in the restaurant. They have a nice sized bar, with good happy hour specials. The bar also has musical entertainment on Friday evenings.

Staff: The staff at the Hotel Indigo is always attentive to our needs. Jennifer Boyles does an excellent job making sure that our group has everything we need, and the one time we had a concern I was contact by her and the owner to see how they could resolve the issue. The wait staff for the meetings and the front desk staff are kind and attentive.

I always enjoy my stay at the Hotel Indigo.

Room Tip: The parking lot lights shine into some of the rooms. If you need a dark room to sleep, make sure yo...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank travel_chickLI
Reviewed 13 March 2014

First time I have stayed at a Hotel Indigo but on a business trip and not many choices close to the airport. That is the great thing - it is only a mile from the airport so was easy to deal with my 5:30 am flight. Rooms are large, but not sure what one does with a lot of empty space in a hotel room - especially when the floors are fake hardwood so not conducive to doing sit ups in the morning! Breakfast area, but not included in the price - would have stayed at a Hampton if one was available. Hotel was very clean, everything worked, no complaints there. I was on the 3rd floor, and that was a mistake as the blue string of lights around the entrance overhang was right outside my window - and with only blinds, no blackout curtains, I had a blue light shining in all night. Fitness room better than most - though weight machine was not great (only a couple stations and pushed near the wall that limited exercise on one of them).

Room Tip: Stay off the 3rd floor toward the entrance unless you like blue light shining in all night
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Ed B
Reviewed 9 March 2014

I am a IHG member, my wife and I love Hotel Indigos. If we are visiting a city or location that has a Hotel Indigo…we will stay there. The rooms are always top notch, roomy, and modern. The bathrooms never have a tub…but the shower is always of a good quality in style and water pressure. Hotel Indigos seem to attract a lot of business travelers, so you find them extremely quiet and have reserved/vacant feel. My wife and I find this nice and relaxing, some may find disconcerting though. The only "down" side is the location is a little odd, being what feels in the middle of nowhere and removed from everything.*

On a separate note (but one I am going to mention on all future hotel reviews if this continues)…there never seems to be enough towels and wash clothes in hotel bathrooms these days…

*seems as if IHG corporate hq is trying to cater to the business traveler because the airport is close

Room Tip: Join IHG and get the 5th floor
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 March 2014

This was my first time staying at a Hotel Indigo so I did not know what to expect. I prepaid for my stay and the cost was still $140 for the night. Overall the hotel was very nice. It was definitely different than your standard HI or HIE. Room was very clean and had nice, bright linens. Bathroom was nice as well and had great soap/shampoo. There is a nice little coffee bar downstairs to grab something on the way out in the morning. I received a certificate for a free drink in the lounge but never made down to enjoy it. A little on the pricy side but worthy of a stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank EyeLoveFood
Reviewed 1 March 2014

I stayed one night on a business trip. It is a fairly modern hotel and very clean. The room was bigger than a normal room and the bathroom all marble (no tub) just a large walkin shower which is perfect for a business traveler. The bed was particularly comfortable which is something I really like in a hotel. The hotel seems to cater to business people as most had suits on in the lobby. Another advantage is the connecting restaurant called Blustone was perfect for a drink a nice meal. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and you need to have reservations about at staying there.

Room Tip: Probably not good for families as there is no bathtub in the rooms.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 February 2014

I had booked this hotel after a lot of research for a get away for my husband and I. Apron arrival the staff was exceptional! All my requests that I had made at time of reservation were all made. The room was beautiful, clean and huge. The front desk called our room about ten minutes after arrival asking if everything was to out liking.we had needed extra towels and with in five minutes they were at our door. It was a quiet room. The shower is awesome! We ate at the attatched resturaunt, The Blu Stone Bistro. It was fabulous. The manager came to our table and chatted with us for a bit. Making sure we were happy. We have absolutely nothing negative to say about this hotel establishment. I want to thank Jennifer the manager for taking all of my requests ahead of time. We will definitely be staying here again.

Room Tip: If you want it away from the hustle and bustle ask for a room on the fifth floor and they have down...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sue3106
Also consider these accommodations in or near Latham
Hampton Inn Albany - Wolf Road (Airport)
Staybridge Suites Albany Wolf Rd-Colonie Center
The Desmond Hotel Albany
Homewood Suites by Hilton Albany
Microtel Inn by Wyndham Albany Airport
Home2 Suites by Hilton Albany Airport / Wolf Rd

Been to Hotel Indigo Albany-Latham? Share your experiences!