“How to be robbed” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Latham
Cowansville, Canada
“How to be robbed”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2012

On January 8, 2012 I sleep at this hotel. When I leave on January the 9th I forgot
an aluminium case with all my photographic equipment a value of about two thousand
dollars. On my way home , I remembered that I have forgot these equipment.
I called back at the hotel a few hours after to inform the reception and the housekeeping
that I forgot this case at romm #..... They informed me that they found nothing in the
room. I called back two or three times and they answered me the same thing.
I am sure the case was there between the desk and the TV.
I made a complaint at Holiday Inn Office , they only thing they answered to
we ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOST or FOGOTTEN ITEM.
Be sure of one thing I will never gone to ANY HOLIDAY INN.

Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Pierre P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Latham, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2012

Highly recommended. Very clean, great service, great ammenties and the breakfast has a great assortment of foods.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Jaroslawa R
chicopee,ma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2012

They had a new years eve special package at the hotel where you receive the following:
* horderves, dinner startting at 7, and dinner at 8-9 (later pasta and desserts)
*open bar from pm 7- 1 am
*country band 9-1
*breakfast for 2 in am
there were some other things as well....mechanical bull ride in which I fell off very soon....much harder than it looks...the drinks were the real mccoy..have whatever you want.....like a wedding with an open bar ..best name booze, no skimping, the room was excellent...just slept there..., people were fun.....good well behaved crowd,
Do not usually drink that much...knowing you do not have to drive is a great thing of course on new years.Did not have to worry about driving as usual
Price is $369.00 a couple...may go back again nest year. would stay at this hotel again during the year...great location to malls, highways etc. I travel quite a bit and rate this palce right up there with any.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Thomasville, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2011

Stayed in 3 hotels on our trip to NY in November and this was by far the worst. Started out with an argument with the manager over quoted rate that did get settled. Noisiest hotel and that includes one near Times Square in NYC. You hear every door close on the floor and every car that passes on the highway. And by far the worst pillows of any hotel I've ever stayed in. The breakfast was good with nice fruit and a wide selection. Was fascinated by the pancake machine but it produced frisbees not food. The worst part was probably the BO left behind by housekeeping in the room. Had to open the window to air out. Will look at other options next time in this area.

Room Tip: Ask for room on backside of building.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2011

During the college selection process we stayed at the Holiday Inn and two other local hotels. Holiday Inn won out and we stayed there again for move-in day and parents weekend. We staying again when we pick our daugter up for Christmas break. The hotel is clean and conveniently located. Complimentary breakfast is pretty good and the on-site restaurant is okay. My wife and I typically choose upscale boutiques when we travel, but for the area, this is a good bet.

Room Tip: Book the room they classify as a suite. It's a good size and well appointed; Love seat, refriger...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Schenectady, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2011

We booked a wedding at the Holiday Inn Express in Latham, NY approximately a year ago. We booked through a sales consultant named Michelle Endries. She was extremely nice and professional. We put a $1,000 dollar deposit down and picked out our menu and all the other choices we could.

Throughout the year, we called a few times and found out that we could no longer talk to Michelle because she was no longer with the hotel. We talked to a few of the different sales consultants during the year and every one of them said it's too early and to wait until we get closer to the wedding date.

We did call just recently since we are about two months out from the wedding and spoke with two new sales consultants, Andrew and Todd. We setup an appointment time and were planning on paying the venue in full for the amount of people as well as finishing choice selections. Myself, my fiance, our wedding planner, and my fiance's parents showed up that night for the appointment. We were greeted by an extremely rude front sales assosciate who made us wait for close to a half hour in the lobby before telling us that Todd would not be able to make it. We were told he was at his Attorney's office and would not be able to leave, later we found out that he is a real estate agent on the side and was working at his other job. The front desk associate would not call him and said that she could only text him back and forth. Needless to say, my fiance was in tears as was her parents and we left.

Nicole, our wedding planner, called him the day after and asked him what he was going to do for us and if he thought that what he did the night before was professional. His exactly words to her were "you can stay here and deal with me or you can take you're money and go elsewhere". Obviously, with that attitude we decided to go elsewhere.

We did receive the $1,000 dollar deposit back but we had thought that he would do something for us for all of our troubles especially with trying to find a venue within 2 months that's not booked. We expected him to give us a few nights stay at a Holiday Inn or maybe even a week for everything we are going through. All he did was give the check to the sales associate who threw it at us when we arrived at the Hotel to pick up the deposit.

Bottom line, please DO NOT book here at all.... Wedding days are being ruined because of this Hotel!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Kyle B
Clifton Park, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2011

We booked the Gazebo room here for my October 29, 2011 wedding back in February of 2011 with the then Events Manager, Michelle. About a month and a half before my wedding, I tried to book a food tasting with her and was told that Michelle was no longer employed there and was passed off to someone else's voice mail. After about a week and a half of phone tag with various staff members, I was finally able to set up an appointment with Victoria, who is now in charge of all the events. We showed up, met with her and were about a half hour into hashing out all the details for our wedding when she dropped the bomb that the Gazebo room had been double-booked and we would not be able to have our wedding reception there. She had no explaination as to why this happened and pretty much blamed Michelle who wasn't there anymore. (Personally, I think we were bumped because we had a small wedding and the other people who booked the room, which I think is the SUNY group described in Rich B's review, rented out almost the entire place. But, that's just my theory.) They offered us two options, 1) We could have our reception in the breakfast room which is basically in the lobby of the hotel, or 2) They would put a tent with heaters up outside at their expense. Obviously, we choose option 2 since we really had no other choice at that point. They also offered us food upgrades and an upgraded room for the night, so we accepted. A few days later we received a revised contract that mentioned nothing about the tent or the heaters or any of the upgrades we were promised. Being extremely annoyed and angry at this point, we decided it would be better to find a different venue even though our wedding was only a month away. We just didn't trust these people to do what they promised. We did get our deposit back.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Tracy T
vpolonsky, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Latham, responded to this review, 19 November 2011
As stated in the review the confusion did happen during the previous management. However, we accepted the liability for it and offered to fix the situation to the best of our ability. We have offered a number of discounts and upgrades, along with the alternative setting for the wedding. While we sympathize with the bride, I must say, everything we have offered we had all intentions to provide. We kept all the promises. Bride has decided to cancel her event on her own. Also, in the effort to show our good intentions, hotel has mailed gift certificates along with the refund. To prove that we do it right, I am offering anyone who books a wedding with us, (during next 6 months) and refers to this review a free night in our bridal suite.
Victoria Polonsky
Also consider these accommodations in or near Latham
The Century House, an Ascend Collection Hotel
La Quinta Inn & Suites Latham Albany Airport
Hotel Indigo Albany-Latham
Microtel Inn by Wyndham Albany Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Albany Airport
Staybridge Suites Albany Wolf Rd-Colonie Center

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Latham? Share your experiences!