“nice business stop over”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Latham
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Latham
Long Island City, New York
“nice business stop over”
Reviewed 17 March 2012

stayed 1 night for busensss trip.Nice new looking very clean hotel.
We had a one room suite,bigh clean and comfortable.
good location easy off easy on main road.My wife joined me.She was not going to my business appointment.
We met ye hotel manager ,he offered my wife free shuttle to and from local shopping malls.
Free hot breakfast good with plenty of choices. I would go back

Room Tip: We had a suite great room woth a few more bucks,no bath tub
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Baldwinsville, New York
Reviewed 24 February 2012

I am a regional director and this location happens to be 15 minutes from most of my locations. The hotel is clean and well kept. Being a platinum priority club member means that they almost always give me an upgraded room; although in the summer they are busier and may be to full to give me an upgrade. Being a single female traveler, I feel safe here and aside from a few minor service hiccups the hotel is fantastic! Great breakfast in the morning that is well attended to and kept hot and fresh.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
NY
Reviewed 22 February 2012

I called to cancel a reservation for an event held at the hotel. I was initially told that the reservation could be cancelled and was transferred to a the voice mail of Justin. When my call wasn't returned, I called back two days later and spoke to Andy, who again told me to speak to Justin. When my call was not returned I called back a third time. Justin notified me that the ticket was non-refundable but if I spoke to his manager they may be able to help me. Once I finally was able to get a hold of the manager, Victoria, she told me that they money was non-refundable and then ACCUSED ME OF LYING about being told that I may be able to get my money back. Who needs this much hassle over $30? This is the type of place where you call, get put on hold and then after 4 minutes are transferred to a phantom voicemail max - where your call never gets returned. Terrible customer service.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank KandPJ
Cowansville, Canada
Reviewed 14 February 2012

On January 8, 2012 I sleep at this hotel. When I leave on January the 9th I forgot
an aluminium case with all my photographic equipment a value of about two thousand
dollars. On my way home , I remembered that I have forgot these equipment.
I called back at the hotel a few hours after to inform the reception and the housekeeping
that I forgot this case at romm #..... They informed me that they found nothing in the
room. I called back two or three times and they answered me the same thing.
I am sure the case was there between the desk and the TV.
I made a complaint at Holiday Inn Office , they only thing they answered to
we ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOST or FOGOTTEN ITEM.
Be sure of one thing I will never gone to ANY HOLIDAY INN.

Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Pierre P
Latham, New York
Reviewed 19 January 2012

Highly recommended. Very clean, great service, great ammenties and the breakfast has a great assortment of foods.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Jaroslawa R
chicopee,ma
Reviewed 2 January 2012

They had a new years eve special package at the hotel where you receive the following:
* horderves, dinner startting at 7, and dinner at 8-9 (later pasta and desserts)
*open bar from pm 7- 1 am
*country band 9-1
*breakfast for 2 in am
there were some other things as well....mechanical bull ride in which I fell off very soon....much harder than it looks...the drinks were the real mccoy..have whatever you want.....like a wedding with an open bar ..best name booze, no skimping, the room was excellent...just slept there..., people were fun.....good well behaved crowd,
Do not usually drink that much...knowing you do not have to drive is a great thing of course on new years.Did not have to worry about driving as usual
Price is $369.00 a couple...may go back again nest year. would stay at this hotel again during the year...great location to malls, highways etc. I travel quite a bit and rate this palce right up there with any.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Thomasville, Georgia
Reviewed 18 December 2011

Stayed in 3 hotels on our trip to NY in November and this was by far the worst. Started out with an argument with the manager over quoted rate that did get settled. Noisiest hotel and that includes one near Times Square in NYC. You hear every door close on the floor and every car that passes on the highway. And by far the worst pillows of any hotel I've ever stayed in. The breakfast was good with nice fruit and a wide selection. Was fascinated by the pancake machine but it produced frisbees not food. The worst part was probably the BO left behind by housekeeping in the room. Had to open the window to air out. Will look at other options next time in this area.

Room Tip: Ask for room on backside of building.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Latham
La Quinta Inn & Suites Latham Albany Airport
The Century House, an Ascend Collection Hotel
Microtel Inn by Wyndham Albany Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Albany Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Troy
Staybridge Suites Albany Wolf Rd-Colonie Center

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Latham? Share your experiences!