Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Latham
Latham Inn(Latham)
US$92
US$79
Hotwire.com
All reviewson tapfront deskbreakfast attendantroom was cleanan upgradeconference roomalbany areatwo nightsmorning breakfastbusiness tripalbany airportfree breakfastyogurtthe breakfast areatammyhiespire
Reviewed 6 September 2013

Stayed at this hotel the middle of August. The room was nice and had everything available that was needed. The breakfast area was slammed by traveling ball teams. I barely got a cup of coffee and the staff was hustling trying to find more food to put out on the food bar. I guess it is hard to plan for that many traveling boys. Other than the breakfast fiasco, the stay was fine.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
TrevorHIE, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Latham, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2013

Thank you for staying with us! I'm glad you enjoyed your room. We apologize for the busy breakfast as it may be quite hectic sometimes with hungry children. We hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed 3 September 2013

We had a business lunch at the On Tap at the Holiday Inn Express in Latham. You do not have to even go into the hotel to get to the restaurant but is connected.
The bartender was the waitress - which keep her very busy.
I had the buffalo chicken wrap - others had burgers and sandwiches we started with nacho's which very good. Everyone enjoyed their meal. There is out side seating but we sat in side - a lot of TV's - sports bar type of a place.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

We're glad you enjoyed your lunch at the On Tap! We hope to see you again for lunch or dinner next time!

Reviewed 2 September 2013

I stay at this hotel two or three times a year, and for two nights at a time. I just got back from another business trip, where I stayed at this hotel again for two nights. I have never had one concern or complaint. This is a very nice stay, clean, friendly, and easy access to Rt. 87. For those of you looking to get a quick workout in, you can also google the area behind the hotel, and find a nice ( up & down hills) three mile run through a quiet neighborhood, starting and ending right at the back door of the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for continuing to choose our hotel when you're in town! We'll see you again next time!

Reviewed 18 August 2013

Comfy beds usually make up for a lot but... the mold around the tub was a huge disappointment. We like to take a bath at night, but couldn't anyway as the tub would not hold water. When we told the front desk about the mold it was cleaned up immediately but the drain was not fixed. When I told them about it in the morning they just said "sorry nothing we can do now". When everyone is paying good money to stay at a holiday inn express and suites, certain things are usually expected. I don't think a clean working tub is too much to ask for when you are paying $300+ for a two night stay. The front desk personnel could use an attitude adjustment also. All weekend they acted like they didn't want to be bothered with anything.
Breakfast was also a disappointment. Out of everything most often and it's too bad because the breakfast girl was doing everything she could just to keep up. Altogether not what we expect from this hotel chain!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank thunderdad18

Here at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Latham we take great pride in making sure our guests enjoy their stay with us. We appreciate your feedback and we're addressing all of your concerns. Its important to me that our personnel are acting within a professional manner. We hope to serve you again in the future to show you all that we've improved upon.

Reviewed 13 August 2013

Something fishy is going on at this hotel and HIE corporate should take a look at how it is operating. For a brief overnight, I can echo just about everyone else's complaints rolled into one. Hall light in my room was out. Refrigerator made so much noise I pulled it out from under the counter and pulled the plug out of the wall. A call to the front desk to inquire about why the wifi didn't work simply never got picked up! At 9:30 at night, I went to the lobby to see if wifi service was functional there. It wasn't -- and another guest had beaten me to the desk to seek help. While I patiently waited my turn, another guest came down to report her room had no hot water; then another guest came to report no towels in her room...The young, cheerful and trying-to-be-helpful desk clerk really had no power to correct any of this! I got the distinct feeling that this poor young man was left alone and uninstructed by the management.

Oh, I left out that the sheets on both queen beds in my room felt clammy; I think they were put on the beds before they were completely dry! I tried each bed and still slid between the covers feeling a tad soggy.

This cross between Fawlty Towers and The Twilight Zone does the HI Express brand name a tremendous disservice. I, an HI Express loyalist, have lost a lot of confidence...I cancelled a second night's stay here at the end of my trip out of a mixture of fear and dismay.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Carol B
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Latham, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2013

Dear cbblades,

Thank you for your review. All our guest comments are valuable and we consider them seriously in the consistent endeavor to improve the quality of our products and service.

We are saddened to hear of your encounters in our hotel and would like to extend our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused by the internet service and the shortcomings you had in your room. We regret that your experience with us was not ideal and we are sorry for the lapse in service during your stay.

We appreciate your feedback as this allows us to assess where we have opportunities to make improvements. Rest assured we will make necessary improvements accordingly. We hope that you will give us another chance in the future so we can restore your faith in us.

Dhan M