Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Latham
US$72
Latham Inn(Latham)
US$85
US$72
All reviewson tapfront deskbreakfast attendantroom was cleanan upgradeconference roomalbany areatwo nightsmorning breakfastbusiness tripalbany airportfree breakfastyogurtthe breakfast areatammyhiespire
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 May 2014

These reviews normally come easy to me. I like giving good reviews as I did for this hotel's adjoining bar/restaurant. I and my crew of employees stayed here for a week and this is what I saw: 1) The hotel had serious water damage a couple of weeks back after some bozo knocked off a sprinkler head with a table leg. Because of this and round the clock repairs, the fire alarms went off a few times while I was here; once at three in the morning. This can't be helped and I feel sympathy for the hotel staff for this inconvenience. 2) Thursday 6:05 am, one of my employees, an elderly man, combat vet (as are all of my guys) and a bit moody, was reading the paper in the dining room while waiting for breakfast to kick off. An equally moody employee of the hotel walked in, turned off the light, then mumbled something about breakfast not being open yet. She turned the lights OFF on a customer while they quietly sat reading the paper?! An argument ensued between the employee, the elderly man, and I and the following night at 11:30, the gen manager, police, and she thought it would be a great time to evict my employee from his room. I got called at midnight to come down and soon everyone decided not to kick the elderly man out in the middle of the night. In this manager's eye, a judgment call was made in favor of a nasty and incompetent employee over a customer who was just trying to read his morning paper. After this incident, I no longer felt welcomed in the dining room, at the front desk, or in the hotel at all. 3) yes, the night auditor kid that claims to be a Marine sleeps on duty and will lie to your face when called out on it. 4) some of my guys had internet and tv problems that were not fixed over the week long stay. 5) Thin walls with no insulation. I can hear everything my neighbors do in their bathroom. Yes, everything! So there you have it. Two stars instead of one because the cleaning crew of African migrant workers is top notch.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Thekeithman
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Latham, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear Thekeithman,

Thank you for taking time to post a review about our hotel. I am sorry to hear that the quality of your stay was affected by on going repairs and misunderstandings with our hotel staff. I have forwarded your feedback to our department for proper action and to avoid the same incident to happen in the future.

I hope you give us a chance to provide you with the best hotel experience on your next stay.

Faith R
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel on business as I was attending a conference at the hotel the next day. I was pretty impressed with the banquet facility especially being a Holiday Inn Express. The room was comfortable and well appointed and very easy to find off of I 87. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Robert G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Latham, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2015

Thank you so much for posting on Trip Advisor that you found us to be an excellent hotel. If you return to Latham, please stop in and say hello!! Thank you again, Bob Greene, General Manager

Reviewed 1 April 2014

Staff was wonderful. Unfortunate experience but can happen in any hotel. Especially so close to an airport. One bug was found in each bed. Moved to a different room, did not have any issues after that.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank lucky111407
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Latham, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Dear lucky111407,

Thank you for your stay and leaving us a review. We take all feedback from our guests seriously. It helps us gauge what we are doing right and what we need to improve on. We are truly sorry for the conditions you experienced in the first room you occupied. I am very happy to hear that our staff were able to move you to another room and you did not have any issues after that. We're pleased you experienced our award winning service and hospitality. We do hope you will return to stay with us again at some future date when you can be assured of our very best attention.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 19 March 2014

Room was nice. TV had issues and did not have PPV movies. Breakfast selection was fine but coffee was VERY weak. Need real coffee in the morning. Attached restaurant was very good. Would stay here again. They also hosted our school team of 30 kids and everything went very smooth.

Room Tip: Regular cable TV, not interactive with movies.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank roandsteve

roandsteve, I just noted that you have reviewed 46 hotels so we know your comments are critical to the operation and we thank you for your pleasant words. Best regards!! Bob Greene, General Manager

Reviewed 8 March 2014

Location was very convenient for my business trip. I stayed in a King suite that was very spacious and had plenty of room for me. You get your standard HIE breakfast in the morning, including very green bananas. Staff was very friendly upon check-in and check-out. The hotel is attached to a nice little sports bar with relatively cheap drinks. The location is really the selling point for this HIE. There is also a nice fitness room and pool at the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Trevor B, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Latham, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Dear EyeLoveFood,

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback about your stay. I am delighted to hear that everything about your stay met and exceed your expectations. The entire staff works hard to ensure each and every guest stay is memorable; I will be sharing your comments with them so they can see the results of their hard work. Thank you for staying with us and hope to see you again soon!

Again thank you for the review!

Trevor