“I had a thousand dollars stolen out of my room by the people that work here and they're saying they can look at cameras to see w”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Latham
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Latham
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

the service is very bad the people that run the hotel or very unprofessional they have no regard for people's personal property can be very unprofessional and on top of that they are very prejudice they had very well be in about the the guest a I was with a wedding party in the bride got a thousand dollars stolen out of her room from one of workers they were going to peoples wrong without their knowledge mint actually caught im going to one of our rooms without are the knowledge mint we spent over $10,000 on a wedding party and rooms for the guests they actually charge me a hundred extra $,175 for saying we were smoking in the room with people smoking in the room next to us I was actually in the bed sleeping around 230 in the morning in a guy actually came to my room while I was in the bed sleep saying it was the alarm sensor going off that we were smoking and I'm actually in the bed knocked out they are very unprofessional they do not carr any thingabout the guests well-being never ever better stay here the experience was horrible and terrifying they swore at us and was very unprofessional for no reason after we spent over $10,000 in this hotel

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank verdell h
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Latham, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Dear verdell h,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It is regrettable that the level of service you received fell short of your expectations. I would like to assure you that your feedback has been taken into serious account as I would like to follow up on you. I have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain more information.

I hope to hear back from you soon.

Faith R
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Kennewick
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

This is a newer facility that is conveniently located near Albany airport. It is far enough away from the airport to eliminate the flight path noise. Amanda at the front desk was professional and helpful. The room was clean and quiet. The breakfast was well stocked by the attendant. We had no problems and would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Robert G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Latham, responded to this review, 18 April 2015
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your visit with us on Trip Advisor. We enjoy reading good comments and love when you mention our staff by name!! Amanda will be thrilled to read your comments. Thank you again, Bob Greene, General Manager
St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

Despite being fully booked with several functions happening, we were glad to score a room after driving all day. All the staff we encountered were patient and helpful. Breakfast weas good despite the sports teams with huge appetites being present. Good value for the money. Clean.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Chacharea, from St. Johns, Newfoundland, thank you for your posting on line as we appreciate your taking the time to do so!! I have visited your quaint city and fell in love with St. John and all its history. Thank you again, Bob Greene, General Manager
Fort Walton Beach, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

These reviews normally come easy to me. I like giving good reviews as I did for this hotel's adjoining bar/restaurant. I and my crew of employees stayed here for a week and this is what I saw: 1) The hotel had serious water damage a couple of weeks back after some bozo knocked off a sprinkler head with a table leg. Because of this and round the clock repairs, the fire alarms went off a few times while I was here; once at three in the morning. This can't be helped and I feel sympathy for the hotel staff for this inconvenience. 2) Thursday 6:05 am, one of my employees, an elderly man, combat vet (as are all of my guys) and a bit moody, was reading the paper in the dining room while waiting for breakfast to kick off. An equally moody employee of the hotel walked in, turned off the light, then mumbled something about breakfast not being open yet. She turned the lights OFF on a customer while they quietly sat reading the paper?! An argument ensued between the employee, the elderly man, and I and the following night at 11:30, the gen manager, police, and she thought it would be a great time to evict my employee from his room. I got called at midnight to come down and soon everyone decided not to kick the elderly man out in the middle of the night. In this manager's eye, a judgment call was made in favor of a nasty and incompetent employee over a customer who was just trying to read his morning paper. After this incident, I no longer felt welcomed in the dining room, at the front desk, or in the hotel at all. 3) yes, the night auditor kid that claims to be a Marine sleeps on duty and will lie to your face when called out on it. 4) some of my guys had internet and tv problems that were not fixed over the week long stay. 5) Thin walls with no insulation. I can hear everything my neighbors do in their bathroom. Yes, everything! So there you have it. Two stars instead of one because the cleaning crew of African migrant workers is top notch.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Thekeithman
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Latham, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear Thekeithman,

Thank you for taking time to post a review about our hotel. I am sorry to hear that the quality of your stay was affected by on going repairs and misunderstandings with our hotel staff. I have forwarded your feedback to our department for proper action and to avoid the same incident to happen in the future.

I hope you give us a chance to provide you with the best hotel experience on your next stay.

Faith R
Ogdensburg, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel on business as I was attending a conference at the hotel the next day. I was pretty impressed with the banquet facility especially being a Holiday Inn Express. The room was comfortable and well appointed and very easy to find off of I 87. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Thank you so much for posting on Trip Advisor that you found us to be an excellent hotel. If you return to Latham, please stop in and say hello!! Thank you again, Bob Greene, General Manager
Scarsdale, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

Staff was wonderful. Unfortunate experience but can happen in any hotel. Especially so close to an airport. One bug was found in each bed. Moved to a different room, did not have any issues after that.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank lucky111407
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Latham, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Dear lucky111407,

Thank you for your stay and leaving us a review. We take all feedback from our guests seriously. It helps us gauge what we are doing right and what we need to improve on. We are truly sorry for the conditions you experienced in the first room you occupied. I am very happy to hear that our staff were able to move you to another room and you did not have any issues after that. We're pleased you experienced our award winning service and hospitality. We do hope you will return to stay with us again at some future date when you can be assured of our very best attention.

Connie D
New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

Room was nice. TV had issues and did not have PPV movies. Breakfast selection was fine but coffee was VERY weak. Need real coffee in the morning. Attached restaurant was very good. Would stay here again. They also hosted our school team of 30 kids and everything went very smooth.

Room Tip: Regular cable TV, not interactive with movies.