“Trip to dance camp”

Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Latham
Fairfax, Virginia
“Trip to dance camp”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We stay at this hotel just about every summer taking my daughter to dance camp. The hotel is very clean, quiet and the beds are fantastic, plus it has a restaurant attached to it so we do not have to get in the car again.

Room Tip: Take the top floor because most of the time I am here other sports groups or wedding parties are sta...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank bigbouvier
Robert G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Latham, responded to this review, 18 April 2015
bigbouvier from Fairfax, thank you so much for your 5- Star shout out on Trip Advisor for the trip to the dance camp. We really appreciate you taking the time to write that!!! Thank you again, Bob Greene, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We were happy to find this hotel after a long drive. The service was pleasant and friendly, the room was clean and the bed was comfortable. A smoke free environment was also appreciated. We did not have any free basket of fruit etc like Shantelle did but we didn't need it! The price was reasonable for the area and the room was quiet.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
barbgoodkin from An Arbor, MI-Thank you so much for staying with us after your long drive. There are many hotels in the area to choose from and we are thrilled you stayed with us!!

Bob Greene, General Manager
Morrisville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I stayed here the weekend of July 4th. I arrived extremely late after a 5 hour plus drive in a torrential rain storm. The check in was quick and easy. The room was clean and spacious. Wine, fruit, cheese and sparkling water greeted us upon entry to the room. The bed was very comfortable with both soft and firm pillows. The hotel was smoke free which is a major plus for me since my toddler and I have very bad allergies. The pool was clean and the spa tub was the perfect temperature. The staff was courteous and exceeded our expectations. The toiletries were first grade.

Initially we had only booked the hotel for two nights however the staff was able to get us an additional night with no problem. There is a restaurant at the far end that had superb food! The breakfast that was available allowed us to have healthy choices which was also a major plus.

The location was perfect, close to the highway, restaurants and shops.

I will be in area again and I will definitely be staying here again.

Room Tip: Microwave and fridge in the room is a fabulous option.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Shantelle J
TrevorHIE, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Latham, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear Shantelle J,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate your kind words and it is great to know that we have been preforming at a service level that you have come to expect from us time and time again. We hope to see you soon!

Safe Travels,

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Latham NY
Johnstown, New York
Reviewed 14 July 2014

WORST HOTEL EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would not use them again for anything. Booked rooms a year in advance with my wedding room block. Was told day before my wedding approx an hour before we were set to drive to them for check in that the rooms we booked including bridal suite were not available because the hassadic jewish community that was there decided to extend their stay their stay through the weekend taking our rooms. Was told they cannot "evict" them out of their room. We booked them in September of 2013!!! This also included the suite booked for my fiance for two nights. Even though we have a signed CONTRACT for those rooms. I had been calling previously to guest relations for my displeasure with the events coordinator and her lackluster personality. Was hoping for a hospitable experience considering we helped them to book 13 rooms on our block. Was told I would receive a call from the GM a week prior to my wedding, I never received one. I called again two days before my wedding and was told he would call, still never heard from him. I haven't heard from him at all. Received a call from Joe Stewart who is another events coordinator day before the wedding who told me my rooms were gone. We were given complimentary rooms for our stay being told we could use the money we are saving for our honeymoon, as if it were a gift or something. Blow dryer in my room was broken, a guest of ours air conditioner was broken, and other guests who stayed on first floor had to deal with an awful smell that was in all their clothes. Also was told when we booked rooms we would have access to their patio area. Well patio area is owned by On Tap bar and restaurant on end of hotel. They came out and yelled at us for utilizing it with our own food and beer. We were given a tour of that bar when we booked our rooms as if it was part of the hotel, it was not. Was told it would stay open for any guests that wanted to go there after the wedding, it was closed. The front staff is rude and have no idea what they're doing. AWFUL, HORRIBLE, DISGUSTED EXPERIENCE. I am going to review here, yelp, and anywhere else I can.

Room Tip: Do not go here
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank 213Erica
Dear 213Erica,

We appreciate the time you have taken to write a review regarding your stay with us. We are saddened that your experience was less than satisfactory. Our goal is to provide the service level that our guests have come to expect from us. Unfortunately it appears that we have fallen short of that goal during your stay. we do apologize about your experience and hope to have an opportunity to provide an excellent stay for you next time you are in our area.

Best,

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Latham Ny
Reviewed 12 July 2014

I stayed here the Friday the 4th of July. Hotel is clean and smoke free. The lady at the front desk was pleasant and greeted us with a smile and small talk, which was so nice since we were driving for 4hrs. Location is great since it's very close to the highway. The hotel staff surprised us with wine, cheese, and fruits in our suite ( this has never happened to us before). Even though the pool closes at 11pm, we were allowed to enjoy it way past that time. We also had free hot breakfast. Next time I'm back in the area, this is where I will be staying. Definitely worth the stay!!!!

Room Tip: Suites have kitchenettes
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank hezla b
Dear heziab,

We sincerely appreciate your review and the time you have dedicated in giving us your feedback. we are extremely happy that our team was able to create a relaxing and pleasant experience for you. We look forward to seeing you again .Thank you again for your review!

Best,

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Latham NY
NY
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I am writing not so so much to comment on the guest rooms at this hotel, but more to recommend this hotel's facilities for events both large and small. The Holiday Inn Express has couple of really nice banquet rooms that are very attractive and have wonderful natural lighting. This is not your average dark and dingy hotel conference and banquet room. We had a 4 day conference in the Atrium which included a dinner banquet the first night and two luncheons. The room itself is lovely and has an entire wall with nice windows that give it that open airy feel. Our crowd varied each night from about 100 - 250 people and this room was more than adequate to accommodate those numbers.

First let me say they have a fantastic sales manager/events coordinator by the name of Joe who I cannot say enough about. If you are looking for someone who is going to make your event run smoothly, you're really going to appreciate Joe's professionalism and attention to detail. Those of us planning the event found it a pleasure to work with him both before and during the event. I've done quite a few events over the years and I have to say Joe is the BEST coordinator I have ever worked with. Many of the serving staff working on our event also went above and beyond the call of duty. A few names that stand out in my mind among our servers were Riccardo and Adele. All the servers were accommodating and polite, but I didn't get all their names or I would have mentioned them. They all worked so hard!

Last but not least, the quality of the food served was very good. Most everyone attending the banquet and luncheons made very positive comments about the food.

I would highly recommend this place if you're planning a wedding reception or any sort of business conference. You will not be disappointed with the space or the staff.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
cramer38 from NY, I just finished reading your Trip Advisor review of our hotel and I wanted to personally thank you for mentioning Joe by name. He is a true hospitality professional.

Thank you again!! Bob Greene, General Manager
Worcester, Massachusetts
Reviewed 4 July 2014

A clean well managed hotel that's. Good place to stay for business. There are a few stores and places to eat close by. It also has good access to major highways. The free breakfast is retry good with a reasonable selection of items. I would return.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Rizzutra from Worcester, MA thank you for mentioning our hotel is a good place for business. We thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Latham for your travels. Bob Greene, General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Latham
La Quinta Inn & Suites Latham Albany Airport
The Century House, an Ascend Collection Hotel
Microtel Inn by Wyndham Albany Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Albany Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Troy
Staybridge Suites Albany Wolf Rd-Colonie Center

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Latham? Share your experiences!