“Clean room, good location, reasonable price, pet friendly”

Microtel Inn by Wyndham Albany Airport
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Latham
Reviewed 20 January 2013

My wife, son, and I needed a room in the Albany area and decided to give Microtel a try because the rate was very reasonable. We were pleasantly surprised. The room was clean and remodeled and the room rate included a decent continental breakfast in the morning. We will definitely consider staying here again when we are traveling in this area in the future.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
mic28255, Director of Sales at Microtel Inn by Wyndham Albany Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2013

We thank this guest for their review and look forward to their return.

Reviewed 10 January 2013

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham
mic28255, Director of Sales at Microtel Inn by Wyndham Albany Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2013

Reviewed 7 January 2013

My family had a very early flight from ALB and I wanted something cheap for one night. This hotel was perfect. The room was adorable. It was clean. It was cheap. Breakfast was out at 5:30 am. My kids were happy. The staff was nice. Thanks Microtel!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
mic28255, Director of Sales at Microtel Inn by Wyndham Albany Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2013

We are truly thankful that we were able to assist this guest in making an early flight out of Albany International Airport. Being only 3 miles from the Airport , we do get quite a few overnights for early flight stays.

Chris Steffens.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 January 2013

Greeted by wonderful clerk! Cheery, informative and professional
Morning clerk - not so much...bothered when asked question about breakfast, greeted him with hello in breakfast room when dropping off newspapers. No response. Disinterested.
Room was clean and neat but we were an end room and so at 4:00am folks were leaving and BOTH doors slammed extremely hard. Almost knocked me out of bed -- and it was many times from 4 on...

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham
mic28255, Director of Sales at Microtel Inn by Wyndham Albany Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2013

We would like to thank this guest for their very informative review. Apparently there is a need to praise an Guest Service Agent for being cheery and professional and a need to inquire why their morning colleague did not. We are sorry that you there was some noted hallway noise in the overnight. We hope that you also brought it to our attention at the front desk before you checked out as well as noted in this review.

Reviewed 18 December 2012

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham
mic28255, Director of Sales at Microtel Inn by Wyndham Albany Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2012

Reviewed 6 December 2012

Every time I travel to the Albany area I ALWAYS stay here. The rooms are always very clean and well kept. The employees and management at the desk are always very polite and helpful, both when I am calling to make a reservation and checking in. The rates are also the best in the area. In my opinion, you can't beat a nice clean room with A+ customer service and the best rates in town!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
mic28255, Director of Sales at Microtel Inn by Wyndham Albany Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2012

We want to thank the Guest for this wonderful review.His appreciation of our service is very rewarding. I just can not think of another way to say thank you ( although I do believe I just did).

Reviewed 5 December 2012 via mobile

This was my first stay at a Microtel. I had stayed previously on this trip at another budget hotel and was quite disappointed.

i was beating myself up for booking budget hotels and went to Microtel with low expectations.

I have to say the room was small but that was what I had expected from the reviews I had read.

Apart from that, everything was faultless. The bathroom was clean and not worn down. the room was clean and comfortable. The breakfast had a few options and was quite good. The staff were helpful and friendly and the service was good.

This is also conveniently located. There are a few inexpensive chain restaurants nearby and a target supermarket across the street.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012
mic28255, Director of Sales at Microtel Inn by Wyndham Albany Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2012

Thank you guest for allowing our hotel to be their first experience with the Microtel Inn by Wyndham brand. Needless to say, as you can tell by my review responses here , not only I am proud of the brand but very proud of our staff that proves time and time again that you can count on them.

All The Best,

Chris Steffens

Also consider these accommodations in or near Latham
1 mi away
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Latham
Quality Inn & Suites Albany Airport
Hampton Inn Albany - Wolf Road (Airport)
Hilton Garden Inn Albany Airport
La Quinta Inn & Suites Latham Albany Airport
Red Roof Inn Albany Airport

Been to Microtel Inn by Wyndham Albany Airport? Share your experiences!