“Quiet hotel not far from airport.”

The Century House, an Ascend Collection Hotel
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Latham
Plattsburgh, New York
“Quiet hotel not far from airport.”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We booked this room via Hotwire and had a great experience. We wanted something not far from the Albany airport. It was in a very quiet location without the hustle and bustle of the city. The room was very clean and comfortable. We had an early morning flight so we were unable to partake in the free breakfast. We will stay here again, without doubt, next time we need an Albany airport hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed here with my family for my sister's graduation last month. We got rooms on the first floor, it was very quiet and clean and the beds were super comfortable. Breakfast was also good and the staff was friendly. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed May 2014
york pa
Reviewed 20 June 2014

This place really needs to get some signage up so you can tell where to check in. There were no signs in the parking lot or on the highway. We drove around the building and took a guess as to where to find registration. The front desk was manned by one person. I waited several minutes until she finished with her phone call. Once she got to me, my key was ready and my room was located just down the hall. The hotel appears to have just two floors. the rooms are off the highway. The restaurant fronts the highway. I did not eat there but the food looked really good and it has good reviews.
Our room had an odd smell and we could not figure out if it was from the room or the banquet down the hall. Overall the room had comfortable beds a fridge and microwave. Breakfast was better than the typical hotel breakfast. Real eggs, corned beef hash, bacon and all the extras.

I stayed here because it looked like it was a step up from a Hampton Inn or a Holiday Inn Express. Next time, I will go to the Hampton. I like their rooms better.

Room Tip: I would go with a first floor room
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank homer17402
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 13 May 2014

The Century Inn in Latham NY was a pleasant stay for me. This was my second time staying there at the state rate. Just an FYI the state rate doesn’t give you points if you’re a Choice Club member. Periodically I have to go to State control meetings and this is one place meetings are now held at. When I arrived the entrance is actually in a below parking lot so it’s a little confusing driving in and sneaks up off Rte 9 on you. The area is wooded and plenty of parking is available. I was there April 30th till May 1st this time and it looked as if a wedding tent was being set up. I walked into the reception area and was greeted quickly. The staff was accommodating and got me to my room quick, number 126. The room was standard with a fridge and microwave. There was no complaint with the beds, this time I had a king size be which was nice. Again it was comfortable and pillows were plentiful. The bathroom was very clean. I really didn’t have any complaints with the room, it was quiet again as it was last year.

I had to get a taxi to a local Judo school as I did not drive and the front desk person was kind enough to call it for me which was a nice touch. The only problem is Colony Taxi changed shifts when I was requesting a ride so make sure it’s before 5 or after 6:30 PM if you need to get anywhere. Again that night I ate at the tavern on the second floor which was very nice. You have to go up a staircase and follow some signs near a corridor. Some hotel patrons were in there for a few drinks plus it looked as some kind of company party was there. I could have used less of the people smoking outdoors but this was after nine so it died down pretty quick. The bartender Jesse was very accommodating and actually remembered me from last year. The prices were just right for the Latham area as they were last year. This is common in the Albany, NY area for other facilities. When I was doing my expense report I looked at restaurant prices from my last stay there and the prices had not gone up. They still have a great burger. The next morning I woke up checked out and stowed my gear and went to the Continental breakfast area. My sense is there is not another room for this so the area is congested particularly where I was seated because the wait staff has to come through the door next to the line to replenish the food. The breakfast was OK. Fresh fruit, pancakes, eggs, bagels, juice and coffee where available. Our lunch was made up of wraps, tea, lemonade and brownies for dessert. A nice garden salad was available also. The weather was nice out and better than last year’s July 18th which was very, very hot, probably 95 degrees that day. The staff constantly brought out pictures of water. The Century House is very nice and accommodating. The vibe is nice there and the staff friendly, they seem to work as a cohesive unit. We will be staying there again in July 2014.

Room Tip: Try to get a room in the 100 block!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Nancy M, Manager at The Century House, an Ascend Collection Hotel, responded to this review, 18 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review. I was happy to hear your second stay with us was a a pleasant experience from start to finish. Our goal is to offer a clean and friendly environment fo all our guests. Reviews such as the one you have written serves as encougement to our staff to continually strive to reach and exceed the goal. Thank you agian and we look forward to having stay with us in July
new york state
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We stayed at the Clarion at the Century House three nights in April for a wedding that was held on a Saturday night. The hotel itself is clean, quiet and offered a manager's reception as well as buffet breakfasts during our stay. We had the opportunity to eat in their pub, restaurant and banquet rooms - all three venues served delicious, first quality food that was prepared, plated and served with care. The service in the dining rooms was truly professional; I commend management who trained the wait staff!! I would recommend this restaurant and hotel to anyone wanting to stay in the area. The location was convenient to the highway and there were other retail and food outlets nearby.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Nancy M, Manager at The Century House, an Ascend Collection Hotel, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
What a great review, we really appreciate you taking the time to write it! Having clean rooms, a comfortable atmosphere, and quick reliable service is fundamental to our business. Our goal is to create a memorable experience, and offer a clean, safe, and friendly environment to all of our guests. By staying with us, taking part in the wedding celegration as well as having dinner in the restaurant/pub you have helped us towoard reaching the 500,000 meal mark, donated to the community throught the Enjoy One Share One program and the Regional Food Bank of Northeastern NY. We look forward to having you stay with us again when in the area.
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 25 March 2014

We held a two-day training at the Century House and the service was 5 star. The food catered by the hotel restaurant was great (incredibly fresh salad with delicious house dressing and the brownies were my personal favorites!), the staff were friendly and very helpful, and the amenities were nice. But best of all was the customer service we received a week later when we realized FedEx had missed a package pickup. Nancy, the manager, went above and beyond to get the time-sensitive materials in the package to me, which means a lot to me and my organization! I'm not in New York often but I'd definitely recommend stopping by the Century House if you find yourself in the Albany area.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Nancy M, Manager at The Century House, an Ascend Collection Hotel, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
What a great review, I really appreciate you taking the time to write it! I was my pleasure to assist with getting you the time-sensitive materials you needed. I have shared your comments with the staff and they join me in thanking you for your thoughtful words. We take pride in our hotel and restaurant and we are delighted you had a great event. Thank you agian for sharing your experience, and are looking forward to providing you the same pleasant accomodations and service the next time you are in the Albany area.
Nyack, New York
Reviewed 23 March 2014

After determining we were too tired to drive home, we needed a hotel that would accommodate our dog. The Clarion Century House was a great find. The front desk is toward the back of the building away from the road, as are the rooms so it was very quiet. At $109, it was a great value with a complimentary breakfast of eggs, pancakes, sausage, juices, etc.

• Stayed March 2014
Nancy M, Manager at The Century House, an Ascend Collection Hotel, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with such positive feedback!
We do love our pets here at Clarion at The Century House so we were pleased that you found us. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and are so glad you enjoyed your stay.
Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope to see you again soon!
Hotel Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Latham
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Latham
Hampton Inn & Suites Albany Airport
Staybridge Suites Albany Wolf Rd-Colonie Center
La Quinta Inn & Suites Latham Albany Airport
Hotel Indigo Albany-Latham
Microtel Inn by Wyndham Albany Airport

Been to The Century House, an Ascend Collection Hotel? Share your experiences!