“Great hotel with lots of charm!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Century House, an Ascend Collection Hotel

The Century House, an Ascend Collection Hotel
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Latham
Somis, CA
“Great hotel with lots of charm!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

Checked in late & man at desk was very up beat & helpful! Our rooms were clean & spacious.. Breakfast was one step up with lots of options and a sweet woman who enjoyed her job to keep the place clean & food stocked. I would recommend & I will be back. Thanks!

Room Tip: 1st floor, not as many stairs..
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Avocado-gal

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Clinton, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

The staff is very friendly and the rooms are quite nice. The breakfast was terrific! They said it would be available at 6:30 pm and they were right. They serve real scrambled eggs—not the egg substitute you get at some hotels. Home fries and sausages were also great. And the hotel is very close to the airport.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank rghopkins
San Diego, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

This hotel is VERY dated. There is no elevator so you need to carry your luggage up a flight of stairs. The first room we were given was terrible. Didn't seem like it was cleaned. Pet hair all through the bed and treats on the floor. I picked up something that looked like bacon from the floor. My husband is allergic to pets and had trouble breathing after being in the room for a little while. How can a hotel put you in a pet friendly room without asking if that's ok? When we complained the front desk asked if the hair was just on the comforter.. huh. What does that matter. They changed us to a much cleaner room but its enough to turn me off this hotel for good.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Sandy D, Manager at The Century House, an Ascend Collection Hotel, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear of your experience and understand your dissatisfaction. While I am glad that we were able to change your room for you, I am sorry that you were inconvenienced in the process. Please know that we value all feedback, good and bad, and will use your comments in training with our team. I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we may offer you a true "Century House Experience".
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

We stayed one night prior to going to Cooperstown for the HOF induction ceremony. The service was friendly and knowledgeable. The full breakfast that was included is one of the best I have had in any hotel.

Room Tip: Make sure you enjoy the breakfast!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
      Cleanliness
Trumbull, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

I was here on business recently and had a three night weeknight stay. My first takeaway was how *quiet* the property was. The room was clean and comfortable. I did not use the on site restaurant but I recommend their Saratoga room for breakfast - the French Toast on the morning of my checkout was excellent. Staff was polite, professional, and attentive and answered everything. A complimentary drink coupon was provided upon check-in. The pub was dimly lit but Kevin the bartender provided excellent service to me and my attendees who were also staying there. He is to be commended.

In the afternoons, there is usually a light dessert is placed out under a cake dome for the enjoyment of guests. The wi-fi was acceptable but not particularly fast, perhaps because there were many other guests on the network. Their exercise/fitness center consists of only a few cardio machines in a very small room, so if the means permit you, take the 5 mile drive off Osborne Road to the 24 Hour Planet Fitness. Other close by shopping makes this an attractive property close to I-90 and I will be staying here again soon.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank The_Curacao_Kid
York, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

I travel extensively and always use a particular search engine to find my rooms and vehicles, one which won't show the hotel until you've booked it, so you never really know what to expect, Well, I can't speak highly enough for my good fortune to have secured a room at this hotel which was very proximate to my business appointment. I requested, and received, a king size bed on the highest floor available (second, in this case) and was very pleased to also be placed in a room on the quiet side of the hotel, and that it was! The place was very clean and extremely comfortable, but the best part of it was the fabulous prime rib dinner I had, due totally to the equally fabulous three cheese onion soup I enjoyed for lunch earlier. The meat couldn't have been more tender and the horseradish creme sauce was absolutely spot on! In summary, let m just say that I can't wait to find myself back there on a future trip, which I have every intention of extending just to try more of the outstanding menu offerings which are world class in my opinion.

Room Tip: I'm sure whatever your room requirements may be, I'm sure they'll have the perfect room...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank DennyMike
stratford
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

Everything about the place is dated and worn. The room smelled like a funeral parlor obviously the place is doused regularly with floral air freshener to mask the smell of old smoke from days gone by. The carpet was so bad I would not walk on it. Mattress was not comfortable. Walls are thin and could hear TV in next room. With so many hotels to choose from I would never stay here again. The grounds are very nice.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Kimberly B, General Manager at The Century House, an Ascend Collection Hotel, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Thank you for taking time out and letting us know of the incidence you encountered while staying at our property
I have looked into the details of your stay and have since remidied them.
Our goal is to always exceed our guests' expectations and we clearly fell short in this instance.
Please accept our aplogies for not providing the level of service and ammenities that are expected.
Kimberly Baker
Also consider these accommodations in or near Latham
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Latham
Hampton Inn & Suites Albany Airport
Staybridge Suites Albany Wolf Rd-Colonie Center
Hotel Indigo Albany-Latham
La Quinta Inn & Suites Latham Albany Airport
TownePlace Suites Latham Albany Airport

Been to The Century House, an Ascend Collection Hotel? Share your experiences!