The Century House, an Ascend Collection Hotel
US$77
US$87
Latham Inn(Latham)
US$79
All reviewsclarion hotelnature trailfrench toastbreakfast buffetfamily weddingcorned beef hashbeautiful rooma wonderful stayalbany areaparking lotvery nice hotelno elevatorconvenient locationwould definitely stay here againfridge and microwavebeds were comfortablesaratoga race track
Reviewed 25 August 2014

The property was fine but could use some up grades. Our room had two double beds, one of which was in desperate need of being changed. The room itself was clean the staff was nice. The breakfast was a combination of hot and cold, typical for a hotel nothing special.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on first floor there is no elevator.
Reviewed 24 August 2014

This is a very out of the way facility that is so close to being nice but is just a few steps above shabby. Our first room wasn't vacuumed well and they had to move us once the poodles across the hall continuously barked for 15 minutes. Pet friendly is okay for pet owners but not for other guests sometimes. The rooms were decorated nicely and the beds were nice but some things were a little "off". Such as the headboards were bigger then the beds. The bathroom mirror was bigger then it's frame. Carpets were worn and dirty in some places. Sadly you could see that they are trying very hard and with a little more attention to details the place would be lovely. Breakfast had many choices and the staff was nice. My GPS couldn't find the place by it's street address.

Room Tip: Make sure you don't get a pet friendly room if you don't need one.
1  Thank SueV48
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

I've been doing some business traveling this summer and my stay here this past weekend was far and away the best I've had. The room was beautiful, convenient, and the bed was so comfortable I'm not sure I moved at all one night. Plus I need to find out where to get those pillows!! On top of all that the breakfast was outstanding... Real eggs (I overhead others commenting on that too) and the French toast was delish!!
I had a first floor room which I was grateful for especially after I realized there was no elevator, notorious over packer that I am, that would've made it much harder. My only complaint is that I had what appeared to be pet hair on some of my clothes that I had laid out on one of the beds. I don't suffer from allergies so it was only a small annoyance since I didn't bring a lint roller.
Overall it was a great experience. A beautiful place to lay my head after long days of working.

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank BonNette I
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Everything was well done - the room was comfortable with nice beds, the staff was knowledgeable and friendly, the managers reception was an added bonus - wine and a lovely cheese plate and some pizza for the kids. The breakfast was on par with Embassy Suites. The hotel is like going home - well maintained and updated, but nostalgic because of its age. We really enjoyed our stay, and if we return to the area we would stay here again. Thank you for a lovely time!

Reviewed 13 August 2014

We stayed here for one night last weekend. Were very happy with the positive and helpful attitude of the staff, the colonial decor and cleanliness of the rooms, the _excellent_ dinner in the restaurant, and the great (and free) breakfast buffet served just around the corner from the Check-in Desk. 'A great hotel in a lovely setting, and a real "find" for us (even if the locals have known about it for over 60 years). We would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple