“Great sushi!!”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Great business meal with a group of five. Sake has a great selection of martinis and house drinks to choose from. We had a Caribbean martini, a Sake Scorpion (huge!!) and a pear martini. All of them were excellent and priced around $7 each. For an appetizer we ordered edamame and Beef Negimaki. Excellent choices. For dinner we ordered a bunch of sushi; Mango Tango rolls, 7 West Rolls, Crazy Friday rolls, Naruto Roll and some standard maki rolls. We all shared and were all impressed by the taste and quality and of the fish. We also had someone who ordered the Sashimi Deluxe for dinner and another person who ordered the Hibachi steak and scallops. The sashimi was amazing. Great place. Will definitely we heading back for a meal when we are in the area again.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

There have sprung up in the Capital District a plethora of Japanese Restaurants. Most of them are very average. Occasionally you get lucky, and a friend introduced me to Sake in Latham. To begin with Sake has a large and terrific selection of sashimi, sushi and cooked Japanese food. But, what they also have is a very complete sake list. It is nice to find a place that goes above and beyond the heated bottom of the line sakes that most places serve. The food is fresh, exquisitely presented, and served by people who reappear to refill your tea to ask if you would like another drink. You can sit and chat with your dining companion undisturbed. Though not NYC or San Francisco, I think Sake has made great inroads in bringing imaginative, high quality Japanese to this area. It is always my first choice when looking to have Japanese food.

Reviewed 31 December 2013

I eat here every time I am in the Albany area.

The food is over the top delicous and very reasonably priced.

Highly Highly recommend eating here.

Reviewed 17 December 2013

My g/f and I visited the place for dinner in Albany, NY. The food / service / environment was excellent. We will definitely be back.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

I went to to meet a friend for a belated birthday celebration. She picked the restaurant. My goodness, what a treasure this restaurant was, truly. I had worked all day, and was beyond tired. But the warmth, coziness, and ambiance of this restaurant brought me back to life.
The food and presentation were outstanding! Service was impeccable. This place had such a welcoming feel that made me feel like a welcome guest. Our server, Stephanie was great, and very attentive. It was a memorable and special evening.

Been to Sake? Share your experiences!