“Unclean, pool closed”

Albany Airport Hotel
Ranked #15 of 16 Hotels in Latham

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Latham
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Carpeting was slightly damp and there were hairs on shower tiles. Also, one bed light didn't work and only two hangars in the closet. Pool was totally neglected and closed indefinitely. All in all, not the standard I expected at a Days Inn.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Laconia, New Hampshire
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Our stay was so horrible that we cut our stay short by a day in spite of having to pay a $40 penalty.It did not get off to a good start either. We arrived at Days Inna little late ( 8 pm) because of the surrounding road construction and the main road to the hotel was "detoured". In addition . Latham,NY is not the best spot to stay in, very seedy. In the side drive way of the parking lot, there are "property for sale" signs, as if it was closed. . unfortunately the in was open (the clerk told me they may be selling it soon) front entrance was open ,
When I went to check in, the clerk was having a hard time locating my reservation so I was waiting and waiting at the desk (no one customers were around ).He kept asking me, are you sure you booked it with us". I said yes and I gave him my conformation number. Finally he found it but then told me he "couldn't enter it into the computer", I then told him that I had lost my credit card the day before and did that affect the reservation, Well it did so he created an new one for me.
Anyway,I had booked a "suite" since my 22 yo daughter was on the trip with us and I didn't want her to stay in the same room as us. Turned out the "suite" was just a small couch that no one could even sleep in. (They probably removed the pullout couch to get more people per room since they were adverting a weekly rate). so I had to book my daughter another room .Also the "suite" did not have a refrigerator or microwave in it . went back to the front desk and he told me that someone would be right over with the refrigerator. This is when it got scary.
About 30 minutes later, (the refrigerator hadn't come yet) I was in the bathroom and my wife was bed with the covers on. I heard one knock at the door. Both my wife and I said," just a minute". Before we could open the open, the "men" opened the door with their "master " door opener. My wife was shocked as was I. The two men took their time setting the refrigerator down, and didnt seem to understand our complaints .After they had left, my wife said. "we are not staying another night in this room". We checked out the next morning . (Oh free breakfast was some stale donuts and small bagels).I don't think well stay at another DAYS iNN ever again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Also consider these accommodations in or near Latham
La Quinta Inn & Suites Latham Albany Airport
The Century House, an Ascend Collection Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Latham
Microtel Inn by Wyndham Albany Airport
Staybridge Suites Albany Wolf Rd-Colonie Center
Hilton Garden Inn Albany Airport

Been to Albany Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!