“best value hotel ever”

Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Latham
Rochester, New York
“best value hotel ever”
Reviewed 5 February 2013

The bottom line is this is the best value out there. free breakfast and internet, clean rooms, friendly service, and a pool and hot tub. The hotel did not have everything and was definitely holding back on some amenities but that probably why it was so inexpensive to stay there on a saturday night. Breakfast was your basic cereal and waffles but it was free. Internet was a little slow for watching movies but it was free. Parking was free.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple

1 Thank ObjectiveReviews1984
Marilyn12110, Owner at La Quinta Inn & Suites Latham Albany Airport, responded to this review, 7 February 2013
Our heartfelt appreciation goes out to the “La Quinta” Traveler who wrote such a “POSITIVE” TripAdvisor review on February 6th.

I appreciate their mentioning our good value, free breakfast, free Internet, free parking, clean rooms and friendly staff. Our Owner extends his personal thanks for the heading of "BEST VALUE EVER".

We look forward to welcoming them during their next stay at our La Quinta.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 5 February 2013

We have stayed at this hotel several times when we visit our daughter at RPI. We have stayed at other hotels in the area and our experience was terrible. We love LaQunita we can always count on a clean and comfortable night.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Marilyn12110, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Latham Albany Airport, responded to this review, 7 February 2013
Our heartfelt appreciation goes out to the “La Quinta Traveler” who rated our La Quinta hotel five stars on their February 5th TripAdvisor review.

We were pleased to see their mentioning that they can “always count on a clean room and comfortable stay”.

We look forward to welcoming the guests during their next stay at our La Quinta while they are visiting their daughter at RPI.
Mooers Forks, New York, United States
Reviewed 23 January 2013

We had an amazing time in our Jacuzzi Suite!!! Nickie at the front desk was so kind to us and let us know that if we needed anything to just give her a call and its done. Our room was spotless! I clean at a hospital so I know a very clean room when I see one. I toilet paper was even folded! Great job everyone! We will be staying here again in the Suite!!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Marilyn12110, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Latham Albany Airport, responded to this review, 24 January 2013
Sent the following E-Mail to the Guest:

January 24, 2013

Dear Andrew:

Thank you for starting an extremely cold day in the Northeast with a positive spin!!!! Your January 23rd TripAdvisor Review regarding your recent stay at La Quinta Inn & Suites, Albany Report was very much appreciated

I would like to thank you personally for taking the time to compliment Nickie,our Front Desk Service Rep. I will be sure to share your TripAdvisor Review with her, our General Manager and the . . “OWNER”.

I have also forwarded your E-mail to our Head Housekeeper. I am sure she will be pleased to see your compliment regarding the cleanliness of our La Quinta Inn & Suites, Albany Airport,.

We will look forward to welcoming you during your next trip to the Latham area.

Director – Guest Relations
Latham, New York
Reviewed 17 January 2013

They promise free shuttle service, but when you really need it, you had to wait for two days, but still cannot get it. The front desk girl said yes to me, and wrote down the time to pick me up from the airport, but when I was going to the airport, another person said their driver cannot go there. I had the feeling of being cheated. Very disappointed about their shuttle service.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Marilyn12110, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Latham Albany Airport, responded to this review, 25 January 2013
Re Shuttle Service

Under “ordinary” circumstances our free airport shuttle service is available from 4:30 AM to 7:30 PM. Shuttle service may be scheduled at other times for a nominal fee (based upon availability). Unfortunately, during the time of above guest's stay, the circumstances were not “ordinary”. Our shuttle driver was rushed to the hospital due to a serious heart attack. We tried to accommodate our gets as best as we could. We apologize for any inconvenience that it may caused our guests during this emergency.

I am happy to report that our shuttle service (as listed above) is in full operation and ready to service our guests..

I trust that the rest of your stay was enjoyable and you had an opportunity to enjoy our other amenities: indoor swimming pool (with Jacuzzi), exercise room and Bright Side Continental Breakfast.

I sincerely hope that you understand the unfortunate circumstances and you will stay at our hotel during your next trip to our area.

La Quinta Inn & Suites, Albany Airport
(518)785-6626, Ext. 174

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 27 December 2012

The hotel was better than I expected. The previous reviews scared me. I am not crazy picky but I like clean, and clean it was. The sheets were clean, the bathroom was clean and the floors were clean. My top 3 things were all acceptable. Two complaints
1. not enough blankets - the ones on the bed were too thin
2. noisy heater - it was very loud but I didn't dare turn it off because I was freezing. Earplugs would have made it a better nights sleep.

typical continental breakfast with a make your own waffle station. I read below some lady complaining about the fact that you have to make your own waffles - I'm sorry this isn't the Beverly Hilton, this is an inn with a complimentary continental breakfast so chill out!

lots of options, could use bigger cups for the coffee/juice but I was satisfied.

for a business trip - I'd stay here again!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Marilyn12110, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Latham Albany Airport, responded to this review, 28 December 2012
I sent the following message to Arts_RT on December 28, 2012

December 28, 2012

Dear “Arts_RT”

We appreciate your positive TripAdvisor review pertaining to your December stay at La Quinta Inn & Suites, Albany Airport. All those “GOOD’s” made our entire staff, including the Owner, smile.

Thank you for drawing our attention to the thin blankets as they may require “retiring”; and also the noisy heater. We will have our Housekeeping Staff check the rooms on the first floor to see which room is the “culprit”. FYI - - there is actually no difference in the rooms on the first floor than the rooms on the second and third floors. We have different room types throughout the hotel (i.e. double beds, king beds, Jacuzzi Suites).

I would like to thank you personally for coming to our defense regarding our “Bright Side” complimentary breakfast.

We truly appreciate your taking the time to write a review in the TripAdvisor and were especially pleased to see that we were able to meet your expectations and that you will “stay at our hotel again”. We know travelers have a lot of choices and we are thankful for your patronage.

We look forward to welcoming you again! We will do our very best to make your every visit comfortable and pleasant.

Cocca's Hotels / La Quinta Inn & Suites
Boston
Reviewed 26 December 2012

My spouse and I stayed here for three nights over Christmas. We upgraded to a suite upon arrival so that the one of us that likes to watch TV late could do so without disturbing the other. The furnishings I found to be "understated"--neutral colors except for the bedspread, which was a bright floral. The bed itself (king) was comfortable enough, but one that I would describe as very firm (we're used to Tempur-Pedic, so we're spoiled). The pillows, though, I'm sorry to say were like rectangular bricks. There were five of them on the bed, which was great, but we both found them so hard that we literally went out and bought two feather pillows to use for our next two nights.

The coffee maker worked fine and we used it each day. The water pressure in the sink in this area was so weak that it made washing up difficult, but, oh, well! The bathroom was spotless, plenty of water pressure at the sink and the shower with plenty of hot water, as well. The thermostats in the bedroom and living room both worked well and made setting the temperature for each room very easy. The clock radio did not work...

The location was very good for our purposes, but this property does sit next to a fire station. On the third morning, the volunteer fire alarm went off at 6 a.m. and sounded like an air raid drill. Ugh. Check-in and check-out were simple. We had noisy "downstairs" neighbors the first two nights with children pounding down the hallway at 1 a.m. the first night; the second night, these same (?) children were squealing and laughing until nearly midnight until someone said or did something to cause one of the children to start wailing at the top of his/her lungs. I had to call the front desk...After that, it was quiet. The third night they were gone and I slept through the night.

We did not partake of the included breakfast, so I cannot comment. Overall, the stay was fine, marred mostly by the guests who stayed in the room below and brick-like pillows.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Marilyn12110, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Latham Albany Airport, responded to this review, 27 December 2012
I wrote the following message to restoresound money on 12-26-12

December 27, 2012

Dear restoresoundmoney:

Thank you for your December 26th TripAdvisor review. We appreciate your taking the time to write such a comprehensive review concerning your three night stay at our La Quinta Inn & Suites, Albany Airport.

I would like to take a moment of your time to address some of your comments.

“Fire Alarm” - Our Owner is working with the Town of Colonie Fire Department to see if they can turn off the alarm from 10:00 PM to 7:00 AM.

“Mattress and Pillows” - It is difficult to find a mattress that satisfies everyone's personal preferences as some guests prefer a firm mattress; and others a soft mattress. All our mattresses have a warranty of ten years; and are “Pillowtop Premium Mattresses built to La Quinta specifications. I determine from your review that you would “Vote For” a softer mattress. I am confused regarding the pillows in your room as to my knowledge, all our pillows are “FEATHER PILLOWS”, conforming to La Quinta specifications. I will have Housekeeping check this immediately in case the vendor accidentally shipped us the wrong pillows during our recent order.

“Water Pressure in the Sink Near the Coffee Maker” – I am sorry you did not report this to our Front Desk Staff as it sounds like “mineral buildup”. Our Maintenance Person could have eliminated this problem for you on the first day. I apologize for the inconvenience during your three night stay.

“Clock Radio” - Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I will have Housekeeping check our suites to determine which clock radio requires replacing.

“Noisy Downstairs Neighbors” – We apologize for the disturbance. I believe our Front Desk staff was unaware of the problem until you contacted them on the second night. Many times guests are unaware that their children, pet or too loud TV is creating a disturbance. Usually, a call from the Front Desk Staff alleviates the problem.

“Convenient Location” – Thank you for your positive comments regarding location, cleanliness of your room; and mentioning that other than the issues mentioned in your review that you enjoyed your three night stay.

We sincerely hope you will stay in our hotel again during your next visit to the Capital District Area and look forward to welcoming you again. We will be performing significant upgrades during the first quarter of 2013, such as increasing our Internet Bandwidth, new flat screen HD TV’s, new carpeting and bed covering throughout all the guest rooms.

La Quinta Inn & Suites, Albany Airport/Cocca's Hotels
518-785-6626, Ext. 174
Sheldon, VT
Reviewed 11 November 2012

I have never written a negative review here but I feel compelled to do so. While I am still sitting here after visiting the breakfast area. The trash was stacked two feet over the can on Saturday and are now again that high. The "Breakfast" is far inferior to other inns. You choices include no cooked food unless making your own waffles is considered food. Choices are limited to frozen pastries, store bought donuts and bagels and bulk cereal. We rented three suites and one double double for a hockey weekend. The DB is very small. The TV hardly works. The fans in the bathroom are not functional. The heat was at 75 so we stayed with the windows open all weekend. On Saturday early in the afternoon I advised the staff that the free WiFi was not working. After a hockey game we returned to watch a championship football game on WiFi. It was still not working. I went to the desk again to advise them of this and was told to try another network. I already tried that along with their business center computers which also did not work. I explained to the desk clerk that my business included doing WiFi network repair and told her how to make it work. She said she already knew and she had been advised that it was not work earlier, like 4 hours ago by myself, and that she would get to it. At 10:30 PM we retired for the night with no WiFi.
Overall I know that I will not be here again.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Marilyn12110, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Latham Albany Airport, responded to this review, 12 November 2012
November 12, 2012

E-mailed the following message to guest on 11-12-12:

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

November 12, 2012

Dear Harold S:

This is in response to your November 11th Trip Advisor Review regarding your stay this weekend. We apologize that your stay at our La Quinta Inn & Suites did not meet your expectations.

We welcome all our guest’s comments and try to respond to their input whenever possible. Therefore, I would like to take a moment of your time to address your comments.

“WiFi” – We apologize that the WiFi was not working on Saturday. After reading your review, we checked our business center computers and they are currently have Internet access. We will be increasing our bandwidth shortly and at that time, we will have our Internet provider inspect all our WiFi equipment.
“TV” – We will be replacing all our TV’s with flat screen HDTV’s by the first quarter of 2013.

“Breakfast” – On Saturday our Breakfast Attendant called in sick. Our Front Desk person was working both the breakfast area and the Front Desk. Our hotel was 98% occupied and, unfortunately, emptying the waste baskets took low priority. Please do not consider this an “excuse”, but as an “explanation". Our kitchen facilities and rates are based on a “Continental Breakfast” and not a “Full Service” Breakfast. It is listed on the La Quinta Web Site as a . . “Free Bright Side Breakfast with ‘Make your Own Belgian Waffles’, Jimmy Dean sausage sandwiches, hard boiled eggs and much more. “

“Double Beds” – The beds are per La Quinta standards.

“Bathroom Fans” – Would it be possible to contact me and let me know what room you stayed in that had the defective fan and “inadequate” TV? Issues such as these are not always detected by our Housekeeping Staff. My contact information is 518-786-6626, Ext. 174 or respond to my TripAdvisor E-mail address.

It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve your lodging requirements, as it is our goal to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

Cocca's Hotels / La Quinta Inn & Suites
Also consider these accommodations in or near Latham
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Latham
Microtel Inn by Wyndham Albany Airport
The Century House, an Ascend Collection Hotel
Comfort Inn Latham/Albany North
TownePlace Suites Latham Albany Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Albany Airport

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Latham Albany Airport? Share your experiences!