“Great Place to Stay in Albany!!”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Latham Albany Airport
Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Latham
Reviewed 18 March 2010

We stayed here for three nights while driving around the Northeast. We stayed in much higher priced hotels on this trip and found the LaQuinta in Latham, by far, the best hotel on the trip. It is clean and convenient. It is a great value given the in-room wireless internet, breakfast and indoor pool. We made use of the laundry facility which was very reasonable at a buck a load. This is a great place to stay if you want to visit both the Basketball Hall of Fame in Springfield, MA and the Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown, NY as it is equidistant to both. We must acknowledge the outstanding staff at this hotel especially the crew that cleans the rooms. Absolutely fantastic job by this staff. There is a volunteer fire department very close to the hotel with a loud siren, hence I am subtracting the "sleep quality" rating. Everything else is off the charts!!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family

Reviewed 13 February 2010

My wife and I went here as suggested by a relative and we were not dissapointed! We had a room with a king size bed and a jacuzzi tub that was wonderful! Everything was very clean and to our liking. We ended up going to JJ Rafferty's next door for dinner which I would reccomend to everyone!! It was a great spot to unwind and have some fun.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 October 2009

We were tired driving and decided the smart and safe thing to do, at the last minute, was to find a place to stay overnite along the Northway -- midway on our trip up to the Adirondacks. Phone calls to several hotels showed us that this La Quinta had the best price. Friendly desk service greeted our late arrival and we were relieved to find that wi-fi was available free in all the rooms. We also discovered that there was a free, public computer/printer set up in a work area just off the lobby. We then discovered we had inadvertently left our wash kits home, and the front desk was generous in providing free toiletries. The free breakfast was generous, full of choices, and healthy. The rooms and swimming pool were clean. The accommodations were basic, rather than sumptuous -- but service was great and and the free amenities were more than generous. This was a really nice discovery!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 October 2009

The staff were extremely helpful, the room was clean, comfortable and in a good location to Albany Airport and the major roads around. Breakfast continental buffet style with limited choice.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 August 2009

We checked into our room and my wife went to take a shower, but there was nto shower curtain in the shower!

So, we went to the phone to call the front desk, but the phone didn't work!

They did eventually get us a shower curtain, though.

Phone wasn't fixed during our over night stay.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 August 2009

I recently traveled to the La Quinta Inn & Suites in Latham, New York. I brought my wife and kids. When I checked into the room, it was not the room I reserved. They tried to charge me more than I was quoted. When I got in the correct room, it was not cleaned what so ever. I find opened condoms wrappers and panties, which my children saw and was not happy about that at all. When we left to step out, the front desk clerk I believe her name was Kristen was outside with her friends smoking what I believed to be marijuana. When I came down to get a tooth brush, Kristen and her friends were watching television in the loddy being very loud. This has been by far the worst stay I have ever had and believe me I've been to some pretty bad hotels, but this one takes the cake. I do not suggest staying at this hotel at all, terrible experience!!!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 July 2009

Our family travels to the Laurentian Mountains in Quebec every summer, usually stopping for the night in the Albany area. For the past three years we have stayed at the LaQuinta in Latham, NY. You couldn't ask for better lodging - the hotel is sparkling clean, the staff is friendly and helpful and the rooms are great and have free WiFi. There's a large indoor pool and hot tub, and the gym is small but sufficient. The complimentary breakfast is very nice and varied, including fresh fruit, yogurt, cereal, bagels & pastries and even waffles. Even our mini-dachshund, Emmy, is welcome! We will return to LaQuinta whenever we are in the area.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family