“Good Hospitality and Service”

Quality Inn & Suites Albany Airport
Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Latham
Moorpark, CA
“Good Hospitality and Service”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

After a couple of flight cancellations, I was comp'd a room here by United. The hotel shuttle picked us up. While there was a line of us checking in for the same reason, the check-in was efficient and the desk manager friendly and empathetic. There were cookies and apples to snack on in the lobby, which my growling stomach appreciated. We were given directions to restaraunts within walking distance. Though a bit dated, the room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The back-up 4:15 AM wake-up call was on time and the 5 AM shuttle back to the airport was on time. When my 6:32 AM flight was cancelled, I called the hotel, they picked me up again, and they have allowed me to check back into my room until noon as I wait here for my 4 PM flight. I was offered the continental breakfast on my return. That is good service... and kindness. Should I need a room in the area again, I will give this Quality Inn my business.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank jdamred
GMNY024, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Albany Airport, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete the online survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Kind Regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Utica, New York
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I was looking for a cheap hotel near Saratoga Springs. You get what you pay for. Old buildings with an unsafe feel. We had no problems but I would stop here again.The room was clean but worn. No amenities except for free wifi and a coffee pot. I'll look elsewhere next time and pay a little more.

Room Tip: Look for a hotel further north on 87.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
GMNY024, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Albany Airport, responded to this review, 1 July 2014

In your comments you mentioned no amenities. If there was an amenity you thought was missing I would really like you to please notify us. We are always looking for suggestions from our guest to make their stay as pleasant as possible.

To inform our TA Readers: We are pleased to say all rooms currently offer the following amenities: Microwaves, Refrigerators, Coffee Makers, Ironing Boards and Irons, Complimentary Hot Breakfast Buffet and Airport Shuttle, 24 Hr. Fitness Center, Business Center, Seasonal Outdoor Pool and Court Yard, SAKE Restaurant and Lounge (receive 20% off all food items), Adjacent to Hotel and within walking distance is Carrabba's Italian Grill, Ruby Tuesdays and a Full Target Shopping Center.

Again we are always open to ideas on additional amenities.
Cincinnati
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I was getting pretty agitated, trying to find a room after midnight, on a saturday night and not getting quoted $300.00 for a dive. I been looking for an hour and got Tony on the phone, when I called here. Tony was great to deal with and I was on my way. I'm pulling in to a packed parking lot and was worn out. I was greeted with a smile, got a decent rate and since I was a Diamond member, he upgraded me to a monster suite. I wish I was on vacation, big whirlpool tub, separate bedroom, living room, kitchen, I could live here. Super quiet room, clean and I slept like a rock. Give this place a shot.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank RoadDogCincinnati
GMNY024, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Albany Airport, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to fill out the online survey with such positive feedback! I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay.

District of Columbia
Reviewed 11 June 2014

The front-desk staff were very helpful in switching me to a different room. The first was in an out-building, right next to the entry door that had been propped open with a floor mat, on the first floor. I decided it was time to move when I saw two guys get into a fistfight outside the window.

This property looks like it's 10 years overdue for a renovation. The highlights are the proximity to the airport and the tasty, friendly Japanese restaurant across the parking lot.

Room Tip: Ask to stay in the main building.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
GMNY024, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Albany Airport, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete the online survey regarding your recent stay at Quality Inn & Suites Albany Airport.

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for the concerns you had during your stay with us. . This is the first I have heard about a fight in the parking lot. This is a very unusual occurrence as Latham is a suburb of Albany and is a very quite and safe area.

I would like to also assure you that the mat holding the door open is not hotel policy or procedures. From time to time a guest will prop the doors for easy access and forget to un-prop. In order to assure security we have houseman who walks the property each evening and will check to make sure all doors are secure.

Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Latham.
Houston, Texas, Usa
Reviewed 29 May 2014

The desk people is what makes what would be good become great. My hat is off to the desk guys. Just a good general welcome to our hotel made me feel welcome. Really went back for a second night even though a little out of the way

Room Tip: Internet was fair
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Stan H
Thank you for taking the time to fill out the online survey with such positive feedback! I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We are looking forward to seeing you the next time you are visiting the Capital District.
Easton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Stayed at this hotel for one night I was welcomed by a wonderful lady behind the desk who quickly checked me in and even gave me an upgraded room. Had a King Suite that was very clean and large enough to park a car in and still have room. Breakfast was good in the morning and everything was kept full. Checkout was trouble free just dropped my keys at the front desk and I was on my way. I will for sure stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Ron O
GMNY024, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Albany Airport, responded to this review, 5 May 2014

Speculator, New York
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We stayed at this property the night before our very early flight because it was the hotel with the earliest shuttle I could find. The shuttle was VERY prompt and even thought we left 15 min before breakfast was to be served, there was coffee, oatmeal, fresh fruit, yogurt, etc for us to grab on the run. Shuttle driver was very friendly and we were off! Upon our return I called after midnight for the shuttle and I was informed that the shuttle only ran until 11 (I think I remember that but I called because I wasn't sure) but that since the driver was still there he would be around for us in 10 minutes. He was prompt and friendly even though it was much later than his scheduled hours and he even tried to refuse 2 times the tip I offered. Finally, when I insisted he take it, he stated that he made these 2 late runs because he knew we had small children. WOW!! He waited at the door while I ran in for our key and then drove us directly to our car. The front desk clerk was so friendly and asked if we needed a room for the night since it was now almost 1 am. When I said no and that we had a long drive and should "hit the road" he said that he figured that and that he had brewed us a fresh pot of coffee to take with us. On top of the superior hospitality, our room was spotless, large and we had a great hibachi dinner at Sake, just across the parking lot. We fly out early again in a few months and our room is already booked!!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
GMNY024, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Albany Airport, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Thank you for all the kind words; they are very very very much appreciated. I will be sure to share them with the rest of the staff. It was a pleasure to have you as our guests. We looking forward to seeing you again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Latham
Microtel Inn by Wyndham Albany Airport
La Quinta Inn & Suites Latham Albany Airport
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Latham
Hampton Inn & Suites Albany Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Albany Airport
TownePlace Suites Latham Albany Airport

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Albany Airport? Share your experiences!