“Southern Indian brunch worth the trip”
Review of Karavalli

Karavalli
Ranked #7 of 149 Restaurants in Latham
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 15 June 2014

The brunch was fabulous. So many choices in the buffet we want to come back and taste the ones we missed. Granted the room was crowded with lots of families on a Sunday but worth it.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

I asked few indian colleagues about a decent India cusine place around the area...all pointed to the same spot. Place still has family cared biz atmosphete with great value and service..All was superb, flavors and tastes are just out of this world, then finalized with a mango smoothie..another pleased customer.

2  Thank ranaqueretana
Reviewed 3 April 2014

I have been here several times and had the lunch buffet. It is very good and pretty well stocked for the entire lunch hour. Try to get some naan on your table as it is very good when it is fresh.

1  Thank greenwaterbrush
Reviewed 1 February 2014

I lived for years in Greenwich Village in New York City and ate in many fantastic Indian restaurants. For more than 10 years I have been living on Cape Cod, Ma and had never found an Indian restaurant there or in Boston that comes close to those until I found Karravalli's in Latham, New York. I am vegetarian so was very impressed with a whole page of the menu devoted to vegetarian entrees. Even a section on vegan dishes! Best mango lassi I have ever had! Would love some gluten free Naan bread added. but all our entrees were perfect and the best Mulligatawny soup. That was enough for a meal. Next time I visit family in the Albany area I will definitely go back for more!!

Reviewed 8 December 2013

Have been here several times for dinner , on occasion our reservations have been for 8 people. Never a problem with seating or service. The wait staff are always helpful and answer our numerous questions about the various dishes with out an attitude. I have never had a bad dish or service. Recently tried the lunch buffet and my companion and I were totally satisfied with the selection and service. I always order the Calamari Cochin as a starter when we go for dinner. Karavalli may be priced a little high compared to similar establishments in the area but it really delivers a excellent dining experience.

Been to Karavalli? Share your experiences!