“A Great Deal!!”

Days Inn Albany Airport
Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in Latham
Reviewed 11 October 2012

Stayed there alone night for the park sleep fly .... Had to get up 3:30 AM. Shuttle was there at 3:50 to take me to the airport....I was a little nervous as I was a F solo....but rooms were clean. Location so-so but it was sooo convenient to aiport. I would definately stay again if I had an early plane flight! Great price!!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
1  Thank Barchibald917
DaysInnLatham, Associate at Days Inn Albany Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2013

Thank you for taking time to write our property a Trip Advisor post! I am glad that you were one of our guests and that your stay with us was an enjoyable one. I am thrilled that we meet your expectations. I am always delighted to hear wonderful experiences that guests have had at our hotel, we work extremely hard to provide an enjoyable stay with us. I do hope you get a chance to stay with us again.

Reviewed 7 October 2012

The Days Inn in Latham near the Albany Airport in NY is not a luxury hotel. However, it was an outstanding place to stay to wait for an early AM plane. Hot breakfast starts at 4:30 AM. (It's not gourmet, but it is substantial and edible--there are eggs, sausage, juice, cereal, fruit, yogurt, breads, sweet rolls and drinks.) Drivers will pick you up or take you to the airport--and other places--on demand. Service was courteous. Rooms were clean. All of my ratings are based on an understanding of the kind of hotel this Days Inn is. I would rate it differently if it were pretending to be a luxury destination.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
KGregorek, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Albany Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2012

Thank you for your wonderful review! Our biggest asset is our courteous and hospitable staff and I am very happy to hear that they were so gracious and accomodating to you during your stay. We take pride in our customer service, our comfortable and clean rooms and our 'substantial' breakfast & your comments will only help us to increase the number of satisfied guests we say goodbye to every morning.

Reviewed 20 September 2012

May be OK if traveling with friends or family but for SF this is a scary place! Terrible area. The room itself was OK. Clean, at least. I think it was one of the remodeled rooms. Tried to forget about the torn screen! And the detention center across the street. Was noisy but settled down by 10 pm. Didn't like seeing people sitting on the front curb eating out of styrofoam containers. Need I say more? The shuttle to the airport was convenient and on time. Did reverse park n fly and it was a good deal price wise. But won't stay there again.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank BozieNy
KGregorek, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Albany Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2012

First of all, thank you so much for bringing your concerns to our attention. We are upset to hear that your stay with us was anything less than perfect! We are transitioning to a Days Inn and renovating the property around our guests, so I want to apologize for the condition in which you found your screen and for any anxiety it may have caused to a woman traveling alone. We have been slowly but surely improving the overall appearance of the building, and I want you to know that we are going to take your comments to heart as we move forward in our remodeling process. I did want to comment on the Juvenile Detention Center being across the street - we are on a fairly quiet dead end street, and we have not ever once heard a peep from that facility. We even consider it to be an additional security measure that there are police traversing our street on a regular basis, but I am once again sorry that the location made you uncomfortable. I was glad to hear that you had luck with our shuttle and our Park and Fly option was convenient to your needs. I do hope you might consider giving us another chance to impress you! If you ever come back to the Days Inn Latham, please call the desk directly at 518.783.1900 and we will make sure that your stay with us is pleasant and the exact opposite of your previous stay!

Reviewed 5 September 2012

We stayed at this place three times for 2-3 nights(all weekends until Mon.) during the Saratoga race meet. We thouroughly enjoyed it. The entire place is extremely well cared for, as was each room we stayed in. The beds are excellent. We truly appreciated the fact that each time we stayed we had a refrigerator and microwave, a great tv, good air cond. unit., plenty of towels, plastic cups and other sundries. The breakfast seemed to get better(and have more variety of items) with each successive stay. And, along with cleanliness as being extremely important, the reasonable rates were very much appreciated. The staff were absolutely pleasant and very, very helpful and courteous at all times. It was truly enjoyed by us. I believe the inn was recently renovated and it is well worth a stay. We are looking forward to our next visit.

Room Tip: The place has two stories. I don't mind climbing stairs . Someone else might prefer the ground f...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
KGregorek, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Albany Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2012

We are so thankful that you choose to continue staying with us during your annual trip to the Saratoga Meet!! We take suggestions from guests every day, and so that must be why we only seem to be getting better with each stay! We look forward to seeing you again next summer! Have a great year!!

Reviewed 4 September 2012

We stayed here for a weekend in order for easy access to Saratoga Race Track. It was very clean and had all the basics you need - cleanliness (I always check for bedbugs), no mold in the bathroom, enough towels, shampoo/conditioner/lotion, good TV, fridge, microwave and coffeemaker. There was virtually no noise from the airport. Easy ride to the track and much cheaper than staying closer. A more than adequate breakfast was included as well.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 29 August 2012 via mobile

Booked on priceline for $65, room was clean, quiet and great. I had been to this hotel back in 2004, they participate with a local insurance company called Combined Insurance which is located down the road, the employees stay here during training, so you will always have a full hotel. Nice part is that they give them their own parking so you don't have to mix with them. Anyway, back to the room, bed was uncomfortable but manageable, linens were very clean, everything was great. It was an overnight stay, so mainly we just slept. There are many places who deliver there, we ordered from Papa Johns Pizza, they showed up in 15 min. You are 8 minutes from Schenectady, 10 to downtown Albany and literally 2 min from the Albany Airport. They planes take off all night, but its not that loud, so it didn't bother us. One thing, there is a juvenile detention center pretty much across the street, don't let that bother you, the area is pretty safe, was here for 2 months back in 2004 and back again this year, never had a problem with it. Great little breakfast in the AM.

• Stayed: August 2012

Reviewed 2 August 2012

This hotel had really surprised me I was expecting a little and it turned out to be an awesome place. The stay was very peaceful and I just loved the feel of their rooms.... its almost like I am on a vacation.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Rushi U

Also consider these accommodations in or near Latham
Hilton Garden Inn Albany Airport
Microtel Inn by Wyndham Albany Airport
Best Western Albany Airport Inn
Red Roof Inn Albany Airport
Hampton Inn Albany - Wolf Road (Airport)
Residence Inn Albany Airport

Been to Days Inn Albany Airport? Share your experiences!