“I love this Residence Inn”

Residence Inn Albany Airport
Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Latham
Camden, ME
“I love this Residence Inn”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2011

We have stayed here several times. I have special dietary needs and the kitchen is so much easier than trying to find a restaurant to eat in. While my husband is at work, I can hang out at the hotel and work from my computer while enjoying my own meals. It also is close to several malls, good restaurants and movie theaters. There is a pool, volleyball court and exercise room. It is pretty quiet in the western side of the complex. The eastern (higher numbered) rooms are next to the airport and a bit noisier. The rooms are very nice and spacious. Some have fireplaces.

We have had a couple of problems with the sink and maintenance was there in a jiffy to resolve the issue. The maids are very nice and clean well. The front staff are friendly and helpful.

Great place!

Room Tip: Get a room away from the airport.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2011

We just stopped for the night in route, so this was fine. If we were staying longer, we would look for someplace else. First off this isn't really a hotel, it is set up like little separate cabins, which we thought was fine, exept that the ceiling/floor has little sound barrier. The bathroom and bed were clean, as was the kitchette. It was a cozy looking room with more space than we needed. The staff were some of the nicest we met on our trip.There was plenty of parking.
But the airplanes really are directly overhead and oh so loud. I probably could have slept through most of that exept that someone was shooting birds out of the trees at 5:30am until 7, (I'm sure that doesn't happen every day). After 12 hours of driving we were tired and didn't plan to get up quite that early.
We did have a free breakfast, and thought it to be a good variety. There was a basketball court, tennis court and pool. We didn't use them, but they looked nice and would be good for a family.

Room Tip: See if you can stay upstairs.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Sacramento, CA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2011

After reading other reviews of this hotel I'm surprised to find a similar experience from August 21, 2007. Obviously this has been going on for some time now. Maybe others have just not posted.

I'm a Platinum Marriott member, I stay over 100 nights a year in Marriott's and generally go out of my way to stay at one of their brands.

This is my first experience where my reservation at a Marriott was not honored. I showed up around 5pm and was told that a "large group" was still at the hotel and had decided to not check out yet. So they did not have a room for me.

The real crappy part was that they do not honor the Marriott "Ultimate Reservation Guarantee". I had to call Marriott directly to enforce the rules of the program which require the hotel to provide alternate accommodations at their cost among other benefits.

This is the only Marriott I have ever written up to say AVOID AVOID AVOID this property. A better option (and a very nice property) is the nearby Hilton Garden Inn. Stay there instead, rates are about the same.

Room Tip: Marriott members need to avoid this property !
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
Bradford, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2011

My wife and I stayed at this location in the early 90's. As we remember, it was OK - nothing special with a heating system that dried out the air making sleeping difficult. Wife was less than thrilled about having to stay here for a two day visit.

This Residence Inn in Latham, NY has been GREAT!

Very friendly, helpful staff. The room was large, clean and much more than we remembered (or expected). Free breakfast was very, very good. We could barely hear the airplanes from the airport.

This morning, my wife said it would have been a perfect place to stay if it was on the beach (in warm weather).

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2011

If you are travelling for an extended visit, then this hotel is nothing but the best!! Its location is quite near the Albany Airport and well connected to the National Highways and freeways.

The reception staffs are very friendly and extremely helpfull. You just name an issue, and be rest assured that it will be taken care off.

The rooms are nice and cozy. The interiors are excellent and has kitchen attached. The kitchen is well furnished and has eveything required for comfortable stay. The room service is good and professional.

It serves full varient complementary breakfast, which has lot of options to keep you refreshed on a long stay. It also serves a complementary dinner from Monday to Friday, which is nice and food quality is good too.

It has free parking facility in front of the apartments.

Thanking all the staff for making my stay memorable. Would like to visit again on my forthcoming business trips.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2011

Got this on Priceline for $65/night, which was nice.

The rooms aren't anything special, but they are quite spacious, with a nice kitchenette and great 42-inch plasma TV and seating area, plus the bed.

It's got outdoor entry, so you may get some bugs and/or dirt and leaves inside, depending on when your stay is.

Didn't try the breakfast or anything, but the encounters I had with the staff (requesting late checkout) were accommodated.

Also didn't hear the runway noise some on here have mentioned, but I was near the main building.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
Novato, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2010

Complimentary earplugs don't change the fact that this hotel sits about 300 yards from the runway at Albany Airport. When the wind is right the planes dip over the hotel beginning about 6 a.m. They don't have enough parking for the number of rooms; arriving late on a Friday the desk clerk told me to park in handicapped parking even though the sign says the law will be enforced. I called the front desk because I smelled natural gas in my room near the furnace - the desk clerk told me maintenance had left for the day and no one could help me until the next morning. A possible gas leak!! Really?? They gave me keys to another room only after I spoke to the manager. The pictures on their website show a fireplace in the room. It's an artificial electric projection, not a fireplace. It's ridiculous and really cheesy. This place is an embarassment to the Marriott Residence Inn brand but they still definitely charge Residence Inn prices.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Latham
Hampton Inn & Suites Albany Airport
Homewood Suites by Hilton Albany
TownePlace Suites Latham Albany Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Albany Airport
Staybridge Suites Albany Wolf Rd-Colonie Center
Hotel Indigo Albany-Latham

Been to Residence Inn Albany Airport? Share your experiences!