“Met expectations ”

Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Latham
Ocala, Florida
“Met expectations ”
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

I don't think this facility was originally a Residence Inn. The layout was very odd and the buildings dated even though the furnishings were newer. The facility was worn from a maintenance perspective too. But the staff was fine, the place was clean and the breakfast was what we expected. It worked put for a one evening stay going through the area. It would also have been fine for a longer stay. Proximity to the airport is an issue if you are light sleeper or unless you are flying and need the convenience of location.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nancy B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
pasadena,ca
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Imagine someone building a townhouse with no construction experience and using the cheapest materials found at Home Depot. This is my experience here - many things didn't work or were broken. We were in their 2-story "penthouse"; the upstairs was incredibly hot at night while the a/c froze the downstairs. The room was also quite dirty. The normal RI setup was OK: pool, big breakfast, .... It is right next to the airport so the occasional night jet will wake you.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank lcf-guy
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed during 4th july weekend. The place is great - friendly staff and nice and spacious room. The breakfast was good. Overall nice stay to rewind. We thought that the proximity to airport may be a problem but didnt hear aircraft noise except one one occasion.

Stayed July 2014
RIAlbanyAirport, General Manager at Residence Inn Albany Airport, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Thank you for your nice comments! We appreciate it and thank you for staying with us! Hope to see you back!
Rockford, Illinois
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I stayed at the Residence Inn for five nights and could not be happier. I would go out of my way to stay at this hotel again.

One morning I showed up late for breakfast and the staff ran back into the kitchen to find food for me so that I would not go hungry.

The day I left, my taxi failed to arrive on time. The staff brought out the hotel shuttle and brought me to my destination for free without charge so I wouldn't miss my bus.

I would like to point out that I never asked for the extra accommodations. The staff did all of this of their own volition, with friendly smiles, and acted like they did not expect even a 'Thank you'.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 17 March 2014

A co-worker recommended this hotel and I was not sure what to expect. I had a Queen Studio and the room was nice and spacious. I stayed for a week and worked part of the week in the room (due to weather conditions). It had a (fake) fireplace but having a full kitchen was nice and unexpected! The bed was very comfortable. Because of the bad weather, I did not appreciate having to walk in the elements for breakfast or dinner (rain, sleet, snow and ice). But that's when the full kitchen came in handy--I prepared by having snacks handy. The breakfast was typical fare for a hotel: pre-made scramble eggs, sausage patties, a potato choice. They also had a decent selection of yogurt and fresh fruit. Dinner was a light meal, which was nice when you returned at the end of a long day to have something in your stomach and a glass of wine. One of the major detractors was the very loud bathroom fan and being close to the airport. If you are a light sleeper this may bother you (as for me, I can usually sleep through anything).

I was definitely satisfied and seeing that it was a business trip, I don't necessarily expect luxury accomodations....so this was a surprise.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
York Beach, Maine
Reviewed 28 February 2014

This was our second stay at this facility.Let me address the positives first. The rooms although old are comfortable. and cosy.The staff for both breakfast and supper could not be more hospitable and helpful.The breakfast and the dinner were more than acceptable. The bed was comfortable and the fireplace is a nice feature.

The previous time we stayed the bathroom fan was so loud that if you got up to go to the bathroom it would wake anyone sleeping.This time even though we did not touch the thermostat the heat fluctuated all night .One minute it would be very cold and the next extremely hot..When we went to check out on both occasions I told the desk clerk. On both occasions they apologized and said I would be given extra frequent flyer miles. On both occasions I never received them.I actually did not expect points but I find it disingenuous to offer them as a way of appeasement and then not follow thrrough.I should also state that after dinner a gentleman was asking for something to be fixed in has suite and when the front desk person finished filling it out she placed it alon side what seemed to be 8 or 9 more.

I did find all the staff friendly but I think they are quite used to complaints.As gold card members of Marriott we are real fans of Residence inn so this was a disappointment.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mainelytravel
RIAlbanyAirport, Manager at Residence Inn Albany Airport, responded to this review, 1 March 2014
Thank you very much for your feedback. I do apologize for the troubles you experienced while staying with us. I have shared your feedback with my team to enhance our customer satisfaction and to provide our guests with a positive and memorable experience with us! Please, at your leisure, email me so I may follow-up to ensure your reward points have been posted to your account.
Again, I thank you for your candor and do look forward to hearing from you!

Andrea Wilk
awilk@rockgatehotels.com
Berwick, ME
Reviewed 16 February 2014

I was in town for work and stayed here. We arrived late and left early the next morning so our stay was short. That said, the rooms were clean and it was very spacious. The buildings are in pods around the property which wasn't ideal as my colleague was in building #2 and I was in #8- tough on a cold winter night. Also, the furnace in the unit was fairly noisy throughout the night. Other than that, accommodations were great. I would stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Lidco6
Also consider these accommodations in or near Latham
Hampton Inn & Suites Albany Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Albany Airport
TownePlace Suites Latham Albany Airport
Homewood Suites by Hilton Albany
Microtel Inn by Wyndham Albany Airport
Hotel Indigo Albany-Latham

Been to Residence Inn Albany Airport? Share your experiences!