Residence Inn Albany Airport
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsfull kitchenmurphy bedloft suitebasketball courtmain buildingfree breakfastegg whitestortillasoatmealtwo storyan extended periodfront desk staffhealthy optionsseparate roomsmonday nightextended stayhome away from home
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 October 2010

Complimentary earplugs don't change the fact that this hotel sits about 300 yards from the runway at Albany Airport. When the wind is right the planes dip over the hotel beginning about 6 a.m. They don't have enough parking for the number of rooms; arriving late on a Friday the desk clerk told me to park in handicapped parking even though the sign says the law will be enforced. I called the front desk because I smelled natural gas in my room near the furnace - the desk clerk told me maintenance had left for the day and no one could help me until the next morning. A possible gas leak!! Really?? They gave me keys to another room only after I spoke to the manager. The pictures on their website show a fireplace in the room. It's an artificial electric projection, not a fireplace. It's ridiculous and really cheesy. This place is an embarassment to the Marriott Residence Inn brand but they still definitely charge Residence Inn prices.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 October 2010

We stayed in a presidential suite and it was just perfect! My husband and I had the loft to ourselves which included a queen bed, bathroom and a tv. Downstairs we had a full kitchen, living room and dining room. There was also a bathroom, and our daughter's favorite part was the murphy bed. We had two pack and plays and the murphy bed set up at night, and we could still manuever comfortably. This was the best way to stay with a large family especially with young children.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 August 2010

If you like eating pretty much the same thing every morning and evening....this place is for you. The mattresses were very hard and I swear I could feel the springs in my back. The airplanes are so loud overhead that Marriott supplies ear plugs ! What I found very tacky were the tip trays next to the coffee machines....the buffett line....and of course the bar (beer and wine are included with lodging fees).

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 August 2010

We have stayed at this hotel many times when we visit our family who are in the USMC; we reserve weeks ahead and receive a written confirmation each time. This past Thursday, Aug 5, 2010, we arrived after a 7 hour trip from outside Toronto with confirmation in hand to be greeted by, "We have no room for you." It didn't matter that they confirmed our stay; a large party staying there (so they said) decided to stay and they can't "put them out" so they do not honour reservations. They were going to send us to the Holiday Inn - a room, not the suite that we need - but basically it was "too bad for us" - and they couldn't have cared less. We have a huge connection in the USMC, the NY State Troopers, a large Ontario Police Service, the Masonic Lodges and Shriners and many family & friends on both sides of the border. Never will we trust a reservation at the Marriott again nor will we ever stay there either. The family in the USMC rallied and found us another gorgeous hotel, The Indigo, where we were treated like royalty and given a luxurious suite for less money. Look out, if you think that the Marriott Hotels honour reservations...if someone decides to stay, then the confirmed reservation isn't worth the paper it is printed on.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PEMOshawa
Reviewed 3 September 2009

My overall impression of this Residence Inn is really good. The frontdesk person was extremely nice polite and very helpful. They actually have a small workout facility on-site and also offer free membership for the length of your stay to a full gym a few miles down the road. Lots of restaurants, shopping,etc nearby. I had a a single room and it was HUGE! Large vanity area, three closets, queen bed, flatscreen HD TV, living room, desk, and full kitchen. Room was very clean. Bed comfortable and bedding soft and nice. A little off the road so it has some privacy as well. Heated pool and hot tub, large breakfast offerings, small grocery center. I would definitely go back.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business