“Good location and clean”

Super 8 Latham/Albany Troy Area
Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Latham
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

............................Clean room good prices used the coupon in hotel.com dennys is next door close to the interstate overall clean and good value family .................................'......................

• Stayed: July 2014
Super8LathamNY, Manager at Super 8 Latham/Albany Troy Area, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2014

Dear Stephen,
We thank you for your review. We are glad you liked the newly renovated rooms, our location and friendly service that our staff had provided to you. I am glad you found us economical and clean. We are looking forward to your next stay in near future.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

The room was very clean. The staff was very friendly & helpful. The beds were very soft & comfortable. We didn't encounter any problems while staying here. The breakfast they provided was very good. Nice selections. we plan to return next year.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Shawn,
We thank you for your review. We are glad you liked the newly renovated rooms and friendly service that our staff had provided to you, I am glad that you liked the new Super 8 Breakfast food choices. We are looking forward to your next stay in 2015, Have great year ahead.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

The room was relatively clean. The shower/tub drained slowly. Staff at the main desk seemed unhappy and preoccupied. While I had a nonsmoking room, by morning there was a hint of cigarette smoke. Otherwise this was a comfortable stay, especially for the price. For being on/near a busy road, it was relatively quiet.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

We thank you for your review. We apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for letting us know for the problem you have faced, Review like yours will allow us to improve. We will notify appropriate individual in staff to fix the problems and hope you give us chance to serve your need in near future.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I experienced something at this hotel that I have never ran into before with the Wyndham chain. I am a rewards member and do my best to stay with this chain to earn reward points. Several days after staying here there appeared a note on my account that no reward points had been issued as I had either booked through a third party(which I hadn't) or I had received a non-qualifying rate. I normally book through Wyndham but not always(occasionally PriceLine) and have never been denied reward points. Therefore I must assume that the Senior Rate(which I always ask for) is considered by this Hotel to be a non-qualifying rate. Upon contacting Wyndham they confirmed that the hotels in this program do pay for the points they issue(which I knew they must) and that have discretion when issuing points . They suggested that I contact the hotel and see if they would agree to issue points for my stay so that tells me this hotel chose to use the non-qualifying rate route to avoid issuing points for my stay. I told the very nice person at Wyndham that I would not get involved in a back and forth with the hotel as they seemed to have used their option to withhold points for this stay and use my option to write a review on what happened. So if you are a senior who uses the Wyndham loyality program "it don't work at this hotel."

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Super8LathamNY, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 Latham/Albany Troy Area, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

We are sorry for the experience that you had with your stay. I encourage you to contact our general manager regarding this issue. Perhaps we can get it straightened out.

Stephanie

Reviewed 17 June 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Had to rearrange furniture in order to fit her walker into the room. Could not get the wheelchair into the bathroom without opening the door to the hallway. Handicapped ramp was blocked by heavy boxes and unusable when we arrived. Tub/shower unit was NOT handicapped accessible. Light could not be reached by a handicapped person from the bed. Very unsatisfactory.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

We are sorry for the experience that you had at our location. I have looked in to everything pertaining to this booking and it appears as though the 3rd party that you booked through did not let us know you needed handicap access. We apologize for the confusion and we encourage all our our guests with special requests to contact us after you book your room to address those needs directly to us. We hope that you would stay with us again.

Stephanie

Reviewed 26 May 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Super8LathamNY, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 Latham/Albany Troy Area, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Also consider these accommodations in or near Latham
Microtel Inn by Wyndham Albany Airport
Red Roof Inn Albany Airport
Quality Inn & Suites Albany Airport
Latham Inn
Latham Inn
#11 of 16 in Latham
Comfort Inn Latham/Albany North
Hampton Inn & Suites Albany Airport

Been to Super 8 Latham/Albany Troy Area? Share your experiences!