“Thrilling Jet Boat Tour”

Whirlpool Jet Boat Tours
Ranked #1 of 4 Tours in Lewiston
Rochester, New York, United States
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Thrilling Jet Boat Tour”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

This was an attraction we were really looking forward to and it did not disappoint. We were able to book online and get a discount. It is not an inexpensive attraction, but it is a lot of fun. We did the outside version and brought a full set of extra clothes. Everything we were wearing was wet. A recommendation is to sit low in the orientation area and get into the first seats on the boat if you want an extra thrilling ride. You are also up front for the video of your ride.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Mary M

Depew, NY
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“2nd Trip - Very Disappointing”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

This was my 2nd trip on the Whirlpool Jet from Lewiston, NY. My 1st experience was unbelieveable.
After raving about my 1st trip, my husband was so excited to take a ride!

The cost of $51.00 per person, with the AAA discount of $10, was pricey for the short ride.

We did not experience the pictures shown on the video, not sure if the water was too high or too low, although we did get wet, I recall sitting in waist deep water, barely able to catch my 2nd breath, before being slammed with another wall of water.

I'm not complaining that I didn't drown, however, the cost and length of this experience is not worth the money.

We sat behind a couple that had taken this same trip, several times before, and felt the same way that I did, having experienced this adventure in the past.

I guess if it's your one and only ride, you would be impressed, although this 2nd experience was very disappointing to say the least.

1 Thank Nancy S
usa
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Awesome!!”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

This was the second time that I was on the jet boats this summer. Amazing!! This attraction is only 10 - 15 minutes from Niagara Falls, NY. Beautiful scenery, powerful class 5 rapids. You will get wet on this ride. Bring a change of clothes. There is a small changing area for after the ride. Well, worth the time and money. It is something that I will remember for the rest of my life. What a great way to end the summer.

Ames, Iowa, United States
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Get out of the boat if its not in first two rows”

Hi,
I was so excited to go the whirlpool jet ride. But i came out disappointed. I got a 5th row sheet.
i did not even feel any thrill or excitement. After paying 56$ i feel so disappointed as the girl (i think teen girls operates everything it seems) who drove the jet is seemed inexperienced and i am not sure whether she is legal to even drive the boat. For me it looked like sitting in boat and watching the view (i can do that free in the state park). They take you to the same whirl again and again and i got water splashed on me only for 2 times. But the most irritating thing they don't have a change room as they advertise. You have to roam around in the wet clothes. Korean girl (tour guide) is difficult to comprehend. Spend the money on cave of winds you feel more thrilled and excited. Its not worth that much money to ride at the back.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Selva K
Dover, Delaware, United States
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Wild wet fun”
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Omg what can I say. This was so much fun and scary at the same time. First you think how wet can you get....well it's like swimming in a rough ocean but you are sitting on a boat. The tour guide was very entertaining. A must do if visiting Niagara Falls, only a 10 minute drive north. The water was surprisingly warm for the location. Don't be fooled the water is powerful.
If you have time the town in super cute to take a stroll.

1 Thank Kyra H