“another nice stay”

Aartpark Hotel Inn at Lewiston
Ranked #2 of 2 Lewiston B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I recently stayed at The Portage House Motel and enjoyed another relaxing stay there. I really like that there is a coffee vending machine so I can buy a cup of coffee anytime. Dave and Sue are wonderful owners, and their 18 year old daughter does a wonderful job running the front desk and answering the phone.
I will be returning and telling my friends about this wonderful establishment.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 3 April 2014

A buddy and I have been staying at the Portage House for several years while spring steelhead fishing on the Niagara River in February and March. The motel offers a warm, clean room that is conveniently located close to gas stations, places to eat and the river boat ramp. A simple call to Sue, who always remembers us, and the room is waiting when we arrive. If she is not available, a note is left on the door and a key in the drop box. The price is reasonable and she always makes us feel welcome. Always have been able to find a place to park the boat and trailer close enough to the room to keep an eye on it and switch out fishing gear. Sue and Dave are hard working folks who are continuously making incremental room improvements. Thank you Sue for a great place to stay! Dave & Dave, Sunbury, Ohio

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Dave S
Reviewed 21 November 2013

When I think of The Portage House Motel my first thoughts are of Sue and Dave. I got to know Sue over four years ago when a family member of mine became ill. She has always been so accommodating. her words to me were "don't worry, stay as long as you need". She and Dave have been the same for every trip to Lewiston whether it was for pleasure or for another family emergency.The Portage House Motel feels like my home away from home. You can't get that from a large chain motel or hotel. America needs more small family run businesses like theirs. The rooms are large, clean, and always comfortable. The location is ideal and the gardens are beautiful. The prices unbeatable but most of all it's the owners who go out of their way to accommodate their guests. They offer limousine service, horse and buggy rides through town, free wifi, flat screen TVs, and refrigerators in every room. Two of the nicest people you would ever want to meet. I highly recommend the Portage House Motel to everyone visiting the Lewiston area.
kr

Room Tip: I like to open the drapes in the morning so I prefer an upstairs room for more privacy.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank krosson
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Check in was a breeze and we got a lower level room as I requested. It was a blustery, wet fall day but when we walked in our room there was no mustiness. It was perfectly adequate for our purposes - both the room and the location. I wish it was nicer out because I would have enjoyed taking advantage of the backyard and gazebo. The linens were fresh and clean. All the surfaces were shiny clean, the room could just use a little more TLC in the off-season - a good fall cleaning getting the lights and corners. For the price and the convenient location, I would stay here again which I probably will do since I am in the area often.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Gail H
Reviewed 1 October 2013

This is a small, older motel with indoor corridor on upper level and external entries on the lower level. It was very quiet, clean and comfortable. There was no smoking on the second floor and no pets are allowed. The fixtures are dated but very serviceable. The best features were the reasonable price and the custodian/owners. We were offered a package that contained dinner, breakfast, limousine and room for $222. The owner provided vouchers for a nice diner for the breakfast (great, thick French toast) and the restaurant for dinner (two restaurants were available: a good venue at the river's edge and a pub with outdoor seating in town.) Both restaurants serve a variety of delicious choices (we got the steak and chicken dinners). It was our anniversary and with everything taken care of by the motel owner, we were able to just sit back and enjoy the weekend. We will be doing this again, I am sure.

Room Tip: The rooms on the second floor are quieter and smoke-free.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank davecallahan
Reviewed 14 August 2013

The gardens, man made ponds, gazebo, and beautiful flowers combined with the very reasonable rates make this motel an outstanding choice. Sue and her husband are extremely accommodating and the limo service to and from Artpark is an outstanding feature! Extremely clean and tidy rooms. Portage House Motel will be the only place I stay when visiting the Lewiston area! Looking very forward to next time.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank MDStar
Reviewed 8 August 2013

I have stayed at the Portage House motel approximtaely 5 times each year for the last 3 years to attend the Artpark concerts with my buddy. Sue (owner) is extremely nice.very accomodating and a pleasure to talk to. I love playing with her dogs upon check in. The motel is very clean, quaint and a pleasure to stay at. For anyone to give this fine establishment anything but a five star rating is ridiculous. Can't wait for my next stay!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Brent R

Been to Aartpark Hotel Inn at Lewiston? Share your experiences!