I have to say, I absolutely love Barton Hill Hotel and Spa. A worthwile drive from Canada as an alternative to Niagara on the Lake. I first discovered this hidden gem through Groupon a few years ago. Since then, I have become a frequent guest of the hotel - often planning two day getaways every couple of months. I have always had a wonderful experience. On occasion I have had to request additional towels, or I have asked for assistance with temperature control, but the staff at Barton Hill have always been eager to make my stays comfortable and have done so with a smile and professionalism. The continental breakfast is fantastic and includes some delicious hot options, including chocolate filled pastry, a lovely egg and bacon quiche cup and scones to die for. There is also a wide selection of cereals, fresh fruit, yogurt and juice. Not to mention wonderful hot coffee and an array of specialty teas. The lobby is welcoming and has the feel of a southern plantation home. The furniture about the lobby is placed in such a way that guests are able to select a seating area that is either conducive to private conversation by the fire, a more social area for a game of chess, simply reading a magazine or enjoying a coffee while taking in the view from the large windows. The spa is a quiet sanctuary where you will be offered a cup of tea as you enjoy your treatment. While I have only had pedicures during my stays, the chairs are some of the most comfortable. They are not the traditional salon chairs, they are large lounge chairs with high backs and soft cushioning. The location is excellent. A short walk up the hill and you will find yourself wandering through a main street filled with unique coffee shops, bakeries, antique stores and a wide selection of restaurants. If you venture down to the lake you will find a small park filled with picnic tables and benches positioned to capture the best view. I highly recommend Barton Hill for a romantic getaway, spacation with girlfriends, quality family time or for some well-deserved alone time to unwind, relax and rejuvenate. Many thanks to the staff at Barton Hill for offering such a unique mini holiday option.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Niagara Crossing Hotel & Spa, the premier boutique hotel just minutes from Niagara Falls. Whether traveling to Niagara Falls for business, leisure, or simply a special occasion, we offer each guest a comfortable at home experience. With special attention to detail and excellence, the décor of our guest rooms and suites offers the precise balance between elegance and comfort. Guests may be surprised to hear that in 1812, the grounds of our hotel marked the launching point of America’s invasion into Canada. Though the world is a very different place today, the Niagara Crossing Hotel & Spa maintains both the aesthetic charm of Lewiston and the old-world tradition of excellence in lodging service. The Niagara Crossing Hotel & Spa's mission is simple: We strive every day to provide the consummate experience for visitors to the Niagara Falls Region. The Niagara Crossing Hotel & Spa offers superior amenities and service so guests can experience the grandeur of the Niagara Gorge in a comfortable, casually elegant setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Agoda and Ctrip TA so you can book your Niagara Crossing Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Barton Hill Hotel And Spa
- The Barton Hill Hotel Lewiston