“Top Notch Tour”

The Roaming Table - Lewiston Culinary Tours
Ranked #1 of 2 Food & Drink in Lewiston
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a Food Tasting Tour in Lewiston, NY. Our mission is to show both tourists and locals of Western New York discover what the Village of Lewiston has to offer in an exciting and fun way! "Experience A Taste" of Lewiston's finest restaurants and establishments while learning about its cultural and historical history.
Arvada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Top Notch Tour”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Today my wife and I went on a tour unlike any in Western New York. The back drop was the Lovely Hamlet of Lewiston, New York. The tour is a walking dinning tour of the best Lewiston has to offer in the arena of food and drink. We met our tour guides Chris and Alicia Tepas, in a park right next to the water. I was treated to a beautiful view of the river and the Niagara Escarpment. The tour started with introductions, and I was provided with an overview of what to expect on the tour and was also asked if there were in dietary needs that needed to be accommodated. First up was the Silo Restaurant of Man vs Food fame. Men this stop is for you, we ate the haystack sandwich which was amazing. What a way to start the tour. Next we were treated to some of the unique history of the Village as we walked. For the next stop it was beer and wings at the Brick Yard Bar, wow. The tour continued exploring the rich history of the Village. We Stopped at the Town Hall Bistro and were introduced to the owner and head chef Tom. His Jambalaya was top shelf and can’t wait to return to eat there again. The fun continued with more fun facts and history along the way to our other stops. Another stop was to the outstanding Carmelo’s. This restaurant is one of my favorites and I was not disappointed. I was greeted by Carmelo himself and seated at the best table in the house. He made an amazing dish which was what I expected. The final stop was to the Village Bake Shoppe, what can I say no day is complete without desert. It was so good I caught my wife trying to eat mine. I was sorry to see the day end. It was the perfect mixture of History, food, and fun. Bottom line if you’re visiting Western, NY or looking for a one of a kind day trip call the pro’s at Roaming Table.

Visited June 2014

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious food, amazing views, interesting history!”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Very awesome tour, food portions are perfect, you will leave full. The food is amazing, the tour guides are awesome and very knowledgable. Loved the stories about ghosts, hidden rooms/tunnels and about the mob. I learned a lot all while enjoying beautiful scenery and eating food made with love! I highly recommend that you check out this tour!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Aristeia3
Buffalo, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great way to spend a day off!!”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

A group of us had the pleasure of going on a culinary and historical tour of Lewiston NY. I grew up in Buffalo and had previously only been to Lewiston a handful of times, never really doing anything more than grabbing a pint and seeing a concert so I had no idea that Lewiston had such a rich history involving the War of 1812 and the Underground Railroad. There were several stops along the way to talk about different events and stories that had taken place over time. The historical part, while very interesting and educational, was the second reason we had gone on the tour, the first being the FOOD. Starting off at the Silo, a destination right on the Niagara River with beautiful views all around, we had the "Haystack Sandwich". Awesome. The food was great and it was the perfect place to meet up for the tour. The rest of the tour followed with some different types of cuisine (sandwich, smoked wings, potato fries, jambalaya in vodka cream sauce, apple pie) with some beer and wine pairings along the way. Very well spaced out as to not get too full from one stop; there were stops at D'Avolio for an Olive Oil tasting, The Orange Cat coffee shop which was a great pick me up 3/4 of the way through the day. The tour ended with a personal giant apple pie creation. Again, awesome.
Our guides, Chris and Alicia, were great. Alicia is from Lewiston and the pride for that showed well throughout the day. Honestly, I wasn't sure what to expect as I had never been on a food tour before, but without a doubt I would do this tour again, this summer. It's a perfect way to get a group of friends or family together to spend a day eating, drinking and laughing in what I have discovered is a beautiful town of Lewiston.

2 Thank al t
Buffalo, New York
“A wonderful combo of food and knowledge!”
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Being from the Buffalo/Niagara area, I had no idea there was so much to learn about a small town like Lewiston! I left The Roaming Table tour not only feeling full, but educated on the charming village of Lewiston. Every stop had both unique and delicious dishes to offer, while the tour guides, Chris and Alicia Tepas, kept me entertained between food stops. The guides left no time for a dull moment! Each restaurant had its own welcoming feel. You truly get the taste of Lewiston from this tour, since all of these restaurants can only be found in the Buffalo/Niagara area. I highly recommend The Roaming Table to visitors of the area or even local Buffalonians looking to try something new! Enjoy!

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Yummy, interesting and fun!”
Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

This was the first food tour we had ever taken, and we had such a great time! The food was delicious with a great variety of food and drinks to try. Learning about the history of Lewiston was fascinating and fun! It was great to walk around a beautiful town. Everything was so well organized and the tour and restaurant staff were all so knowledgeable and friendly. I would absolutely recommend this fun tour to friends and family, from WNY and beyond!

2 Thank Ashleigh C