“Not worth the money, small portions and poor food.”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Casa Antica

Casa Antica
Ranked #8 of 42 Restaurants in Lewiston
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Lewiston, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not worth the money, small portions and poor food.”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I'm a local and have supported this restaurant for years and have given the owner many chances to clean up their act, but this will be my my last experience here. After using the restroom facilities I was washing my hands and out of the the single stall comes out what appeared a chef or a line cook, not sure which, but this person came out of the stall and didn't even bother washing his hands! This was very upsetting to me and I consider this a health code violation. In addition to this one of the waitresses was actually playing with her hair with one hand while delivering a tray of food with the other. WOW I had enough of this and almost walked but but stayed and was tortured more with poor food quality and skimpy portions. I've been use to getting huge portions at this restaurant but not any more. The relish tray that they use to give preceding your dinner was about 4x the size less. We had a table of 6 and we were served 4 slices of bread and probably what amounted to 2 tablespoons of each of the different sides they give you with the tray. I was surprised that this place has gone the El-cheapo route with their portions. My wife and I ordered Eggplant Parm which was very dry and and old tasting. The other 2 that had problems with their meals ordered Farfalle con Salmone, Linguine alle Clams. The Salmone was reported to be extremely salty and dry at was sent back for another, but the second piece came out the same way. My brother whom ordered the Clams reported these to be very fishy, chewy and old tasting. Needless to say that this long time Lewiston establishment had definitely gone downhill. After dropping over 275.00 after drinks and tip I refuse to support this restaurant for my future dining/entertainment needs. Portions are small, everything is over-salted, loaded with butter and simply not very tasteful!!

1 Thank Ricky S

“Extremely Disappointing”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

After hearing about the famous rice balls I could not wait to try this place, however it was beyond disappointing. Our waitress was so rude to us. We had to basically beg to get refills on our drinks and when the rice balls FINALLY did come they were cold. We waited an hour and a half for pizza that was average at best. I have gotten better customer servicd at McDonalds .Rude staff, decent food, I do not recommend it to anyone!

Toronto, Canada
“Great food, just like Nonna's cooking!”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

There are several negative reviews on here and would like to clarify that although the prices are a little on the steep side, you are definitely paying for delicious food, quality service and fantastic ambiance. As the saying goes, you pay for what you get!

Let me start by saying that we met the owner's father, Jack, at dinner a few months earlier in Buffalo and being of sicilian culture, my husband and I sparked a conversation with Jack who invited us to visit Casa Antica the next time we were in town (we are from Toronto).We found ourselves in Buffalo this past Easter weekend and we brought along the card that Jack had given us a couple of months earlier and made a point to visit this restaurant on Saturday night.

When we walked in, we loved the ambiance of the place and it was buzzing with people. The hostess seated us and we were then greeted by our waiter who was extremely knowledgable of the menu and specials. We decided to order two pasta dishes from the menu and it took a little longer to get to us - which we knew was a good sign since a really good pasta dish will consist of fresh-cooked pasta (not preboiled stuff). So people, don't complain if you order a pasta dish and it takes about 20 minutes to get to your table because you are getting fresh-cooked pasta because it's being cooked to order and not sitting in a container ready to be heated.

The meal, to say the least, was absolutely delicious! I ordered the Rigatoni Vodka with Chicken and my husband ordered the Gnocchi Bolognese with Meatballs and asked for it to be made spicy, which was impressive, because his request was actually met well! The only regret we had was ordering the chicken and meatballs as the plate portions were quite huge and we had a hard time finishing our meals! We saw Jack after we had finished our meals and greeted us with a friendly smile and a hug. He remembered us and offered us a piece of his wife's homemade Tiramisu as a thank you for coming by. The tiramisu was light and delicious and although we barely had any room for it, we ate it all!

Overall, the food was delicious, the staff was attentive and helpful and we had a lovely dinner experience at Casa Antica. You may not choose to come here every weekend, but it is definitely a place that my husband and I will return to for some good quality homecooked Italian food, just like nonna made!

1 Thank Antonina S
Niagara Falls, New York
“Do Not Order Pickup”
Reviewed 15 February 2014

We usually love the food and ordered takeout recently, but the order was cold when we got home (although the order was placed 3 hours ahead of time) Plus, the order was screwed up and had to drive back 10 miles to pick up the missed item. The staff did not seem to care, which really drives this low rating review.

• Visited February 2014
Buffalo, New York
“Nice restaurant.”
Reviewed 18 January 2014

Dinner was very good. Our waitress was knowledgeable about the menu and very attentive. The prices are high so be prepared for that.

• Visited January 2014