“Wish I could write a better review, but....”
Review of Budget Inn Motel

Budget Inn Motel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Liberty
Reviewed 21 October 2010

I really would like to give this place a good review but the facts just won’t permit me.

It must have been a very busy weekend in Sullivan County, perhaps there was something big going on at Bethel Woods, because I couldn’t get into my usual or fallback places so I decided to try this one.

First impressions, being what they are, can be telling, and this place has a plexiglass window protecting the clerk (I would assume) from the riffraff on the other side. The last time I encountered this the manager asked me to get close to the window so that he could whisper something to me which was that I really didn’t want to stay at that place and directed me to a nearby Holiday Inn. The manager (and owner I’m sure) came and greeted me. He was very polite and helpful and when I asked if they had WiFi he assured me that they did so up to the room I went.

The room was kind of small, I’d say about 12'X14', and there were few amenities but it was very clean. There was paint in a few spots peeling off the wall which was painted, believe it or not, olive-drab on one side and orange on the other. The ceiling was white. There was no electrical outlet in the bathroom, no iron, or hair dryer. There was a heating register in the wall but there was no thermostat. There was a refrigerator and there were new windows front and back that actually opened. The bed was very comfortable and had an art deco headboard and reading lamp that seemed out of place.

So I started to settle in and got out the computer but even though I could get a signal I couldn’t do anything with it so I went back down to the office. The manager had an iPhone which got online with no problem but he was determined to help me get online. He walked with me around the place (going by the three different nodes) but nothing. He called in his tech guy who changed some settings but still nothing so I decided to take a walk to see if there was someplace nearby who’s WiFi I could borrow and wound up picking up my Email standing outside of a nearby nail salon. When I got back I asked him about how the heat worked and he told me that it just came on when it was needed. I was skeptical but it did come on just before I went to bed. It was so strong, in fact, that I had to close the vent before I went to bed. Later that night it was starting to get a little chilly in the room so I got up and opened the vent but the heat had gone off and it never came back on making it a bit chilly by the time morning came around.

Since the manager had tried so hard to make things right I would have preferred to have been able to write a more positive review but things just are what they are I guess.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo
3  Thank Joe44Blow

Also consider these accommodations in or near Liberty
Best Western Monticello
Best Western Monticello
#1 of 4 in Monticello
Days Inn Liberty
Days Inn Liberty
#1 of 3 in Liberty
Villa Roma Resort and Conference Center
Lazy Pond Bed & Breakfast/Hotel/Inn

Been to Budget Inn Motel? Share your experiences!