“Place to stay in Lilydale”
Review of Maplewood Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lily Dale
Maplewood Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lily Dale
Reviewed 25 August 2014

I stayed in a first floor room, which came with air conditioning. I was pleased with the room overall. We had a private bathroom. The shower was extremely small, like a telephone booth. The shower also dripped water constantly. We told the front desk, but nothing was done. That was the only negative. The hotel has a great energy. It feels like the past. The whole area is extremely quiet. It is a great place to escape and recharge your energy.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank LisaH502014

Reviewed 11 August 2014

It's old and has a great Lilydale vibe. I wouldn't stay anywhere else. The room was freshly painted, new windows, clean and cozy. On the downside the carpeting was quite old and a bit musty, and the bed was really creaky and noisy - not great if you toss and turn a lot. You can really hear other room doors banging closed at certain times, however at night everyone was really quiet and the hotel became very peaceful. I've been to Lilydale twice and stayed at the Maplewood both times. I will definitely stay there again. The history of the place, the location, the social scene on the front porch and the overall ambience overrides the creaky bed and the old carpet. The shared bathroom works just fine, no waits and it's clean and maintained. The staff were very nice, friendly and helpful. Love the Maplewood.

Room Tip: ask for rooms not directly above the front porch
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank dowser3
Reviewed 6 August 2014

This was my daughter's and my second trip and I now know what the best thing about Lily Dale, COMING BACK!! We stayed in 2 rooms but this time both were on the second floor. The rooms were clean and quiet and again as anticipated Judy and the staff were fantastic. Cup of Joe's was the place to start the day. We met new and exciting people from all over the world. The front porch of the Maplewood was the magnet for all of the people. The Healing Temple is a must. If you are looking for roller coasters and fun houses with alot of noise and confusion and a fast pace Lily Dale is not for you. If you want peace, quiet and to recharge your batteries come on down or over and meet the nicest people on earth.two readings both were very good. Elaine Thomas and Joesph Shiel were incredible. I believe I make an extra trip by myself next year.

Room Tip: a room with a private bathroom is worth the extra $10. Book early.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Donald D
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Pros: This hotel has a historic feel, the front desk staff were as nice as can be, the porch seems to be a great gathering spot, and its in a perfect locations. Overall the hotel had a peacful feel not a "haunted feel" at all.

Cons: There is NOT an elevator, TV, AC, or WIFI. The beds were uncomfortable and we didnt have a bathroom! I would not recommend the hotel to anyone who has small children.

Tips: Put a deposit on a $5 fan, bring a sound machine, bottled water, snacks, your own pillow and blanket, and flip flops for the shared shower. The fan and sound machine will drown out noise as you can really hear everything going on in the room next to you. You may even want an extension cord because we only had one outlet. There is not a workout room but the lake outside Lily Dale makes for a beautiful morning run or walk.

Room Tip: Book early so you can get a room with a bathroom and on the second floor.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
9  Thank BrianneB3
Reviewed 29 August 2013

When I told people I was going to Lily Dale for the first time, some of them said I should stay at the Maplewood for the experience of it and that they had stayed there one time. It's like an inside joke or a right of passage for people who have gone there to trick the newbies into staying there. While the staff was delightful and thoroughly helpful, there's been little cleaning or renovation done since 1878 when it was built. The private bathroom had only one fixture in it - the toilet, which was at an angle facing a side wall. The tiny, tiny sink was at the foot of one of the twin beds, which made it impossible to walk around if someone was washing their hands or brushing their teeth. The plastic shower was actually installed inside a clothes closet and was so small, it would take a trained contortionist to turn around in it. The lampshade was old and broken and the dresser was so dirty I couldn't put my clothes in it. There was a communal refrigerator on the first floor where people wrote their names on their bottles of water or leftover food. I put a deposit down on a fan for the room so we could have some air circulation. The hotel itself is like a museum. While interesting and lovely to behold, it was not a comfortable place to stay. The Maplewood has only two things it has going for it: 1) it is in the center of what is going on at Lily Dale and 2) it is reasonably priced compared to the chains in the nearby towns that gouge people in the summer who want to go to Lily Dale.

Room Tip: Find a bed and breakfast in Lily Dale.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
10  Thank Suzannergy
Reviewed 11 August 2013

I have been going to Lilly Dale for over twenty years now. I have gone solo, with friends and as a couple. Most of my stays have been at the Maplewood because I enjoy the fact that it has been kept as original as possible. This in itself is a truly magical journey back in time! I bring my own pillow and a box fan and sleep very well. The staff have always been friendly and accommodating . The wrap -around porch is a wonderful place to meet people from all over the Country and a nice spot to stop and rest during a busy day of walking. If you want to experience "what it was like" as nearly as possible....stay at the Maplewood. This large old hotel filled with antiques and memories of the past will delight you!! ; ) Submitted by Patti Smith DiCicco.

Room Tip: Ask questions and let the staff know what you would like. Also book early if you have preferences.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank luvs2travel444
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Was visiting Lily Dale Assembly for a few days and stayed here. It was clean, staff was nice and the area was peaceful. Wear comfortable walking shoes, a must. No tv, phone, elevators or air conditioning, but I was there to rest so it was fine with me. Had a room with private shower, most people had to share. I saw the shared restrooms and they were also clean and private. The hotel is centrally located, so I would recommend it. Would choose it again.

Room Tip: Not fancy, but book as soon as they begin taking reservations. This place sells out fast.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
No photo provided
Budget Inn
#2 of 2 in Falconer
Hampton Inn & Suites Jamestown

Been to Maplewood Hotel? Share your experiences!