“Fresh local produce at it's best!”
Review of The Kitchen at Iroquois Farm - CLOSED

The Kitchen at Iroquois Farm
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 7 January 2014

My fiance' read a review about the The Kitchen in the local newspaper, and suggested we try it. We went with family to celebrate a birthday and check out the great reviews we read about. We were pleasantly surprised!

We are not very fussy eaters at all, and we are very forgiving as long as the food is delicious and the kitchen area is clean, but we find that most of the local restaurants in this area are disappointing. Either very dirty surroundings with good food, or nice surroundings with just ok food. We both enjoy cooking, so when we dine out, we expect the food to be better than we cook ourselves and the restaurant to be clean. This is rarely the case, with the exception of The Kitchen in Lisbon, NY and the 1844 House on Rt. 11 just outside of Potsdam.

Everything we ate at The Kitchen was incredible and had wonderful flavors! 3 of us had the lamb which was to die for! The 2 other guests had the chicken which was delicious as well. They do change the menu every day, so who knows if they will have those when you go, but I am 100% positive that you will find everything on the menu to be delicious whatever you select. :)

The inside of the building is big and open. Looks like a rustic converted barn. Unfortunately, the night we went was bitterly cold, so the only dining was downstairs on the main floor. They had big quilts hanging from the rafters to block the cold air. Some diners were eating with their coats on, but again, we did not mind. It was a bit crowded with all the extra tables, but cozy regardless.

I always check the state of the restrooms when I visit a restaurant. It's usually a good indicator of the cleanliness of the establishment. Theirs was spotless! I even peeked into the kitchen and they cooks looked and sounded very happy preparing our food. It was also very clean.

We are definitely planning a trip back. It's a good 1/2 drive from Potsdam, but so worth it!

The staff was very busy, yet they stayed on top of everything and did not miss a beat. :) Thank you!

I highly recommend reservations as they are only open for dinner and Sunday Brunch. I think that will be our next reason to go. Who doesn't love brunch?

Reviewed 13 November 2013

Having recently read a lot about the importance of supporting local food growers and the superior taste of food that hasn't travelled as far to get from farm to plate, I was excited to go to The Kitchen which incorporated lots of local foods. I went for Sunday Brunch with a bunch of friends and loved tasting everyone's dishes! When I heard they had a new menu every day, it made me want to go back for more. I had (and my description won't do it justice!) real maple syrup-smothered french toast with a real raspberry-cream cheese filling inside. It sounds like a sweet mess but was awesome, especially with a cup of coffee and a side of eggs (which happens to be a blend that The Partridge Cafe in Canton specially creates for The Kitchen). My friends had a vegetarian eggs benedict, a meaty one, and berry-awesome pancakes.
I will defintiely return! The staff was welcoming, hospitable, and very helpful. The location, though a 25 minute drive from Canton, was settled in a nice location on the river. Inside, the setting is comfortable and country-like without being too homely. PLUS the prices of the dishes were totally reasonable for such fresh food! :)

2  Thank kjalmo10