“When staying at Overlook Mansion, make time to enjoy the place!”

The Overlook Mansion
Ranked #1 of 4 Little Falls B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 June 2014

My only regret staying here was that we didn't leave a day or two to actually enjoy the Mansion.

Jim the manager/chef/tour guide/bartender/... is Awesome! He made us feel like we owned the place! Anything and everything we could want/need he provided. Any questions were answered promptly and accurately. There was a lighthearted discussion about bacon the first morning we were there, another couple asked for and got bacon and we didn't know it was available. The second morning I asked for just a cheese omelet and got bacon on my plate also, which he had remembered me not getting the day before. :-)

The building is awesome, made you feel like you were the original owner. The plumbing is a puzzle at first, but when you figure out the shower knobs, you'll be okay. Give the hot water a little time to get through the system. :)

My girlfriend has family in the area so I KNOW we'll be staying here again sometime!

Room Tip: There isn't a pool or fitness center or I'd have reviewed them. All of the rooms are awesom...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 30 May 2014

My sister and I stayed here. One night was not enough of this incredible property. The views are outstanding. Our host Jim was very welcoming and the breakfast was wonderful. He went out of his way to make our stay enjoyable, and is very knowledgeable about the area. It was a very peaceful and relaxing stay. We plan on returning to the area, and will make the Overlook our go to place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 May 2014

A step back in time, all for the better. Excellent views. Exceptional personal service in a non-pretentious or over-bearing way.

The place is rich with history and should be an historic landmark. If it's haunted, I didn't find it to be a problem!

Room Tip: Call ahead and speak to Jim. He'll take care of you!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 May 2014

My husband and I stayed with you last night. Our visit was exceptional. The architecture is amazing. The room was comfortable. The host made us feel very welcome. Great breakfast by the way! There is no traffic. My husband says it was one of the most relaxing places he has ever been. We recommend that you let the host give you a tour. He is very easy to talk with and has a wealth of knowledge about the mansion that he is willing to share. We will definitely stay here again when we are in the area.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are lovely but we choose the Turret room because it has a little enclosed porch tha...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Loved the house,the view in the morning, the woodwork is spectacular, the rooms stylish and comfortable. Cant say enough about the house and Jim ( our inn keep, cook, and caretaker) he would give you the world to make your stay enjoyable.

Breakfast was out of this world, Jim can do wonders in the kitchen.

Took my parents there and when my dad was asked how his visit was, his answer...AWESOME, I have never heard my dad use that word to decribe any trip, and he's 75!

Looking forward to going back in the fall to see the colors, or maybe the masquerade ball, but im definitely going back!

Room Tip: There all good!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 April 2014

My wife and I had a reunion at the Overlook along with 8 friends and relatives and we basically had the whole place to ourselves. Jim, the innkeeper was always available but otherwise we didn't see any staff. Though a little worn on the outside, the mansion is beautifully fixed up on the inside with a lot of attention on details of the bedrooms and bathrooms. I was particularly taken with the gleaming tilework in the shared bath. The star of the show, though, is the view, which commands the postcard-perfect town of Little Falls on the banks of the Mohawk River. If you appreciate the history of this area, it's even better, as you can imagine yourself as DH Burrell, watching over his empire back when Little Falls exported cheese around the world. When we were there, we could only look out the many enormous windows, but we hope to return when it's warmer so we can sit out on the porches.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Philip R
Reviewed 14 April 2014

We needed a place to stay in order to take care of some family business, and we found this is a very welcoming haven. The accommodations were comfortable and beautiful and the inkeeper was incredibly warm and gracious. The restaurant recommendation for dinner was spot-on. We can't wait to return over the summer as the inn is in a great place for active outdoor activities and day trips - rock climbing 5 minutes away, or driving a little further to visit the many wonderful areas of the Adirondacks.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
#1 of 16 in Cooperstown
Canal Side Inn
Canal Side Inn
#4 of 4 in Little Falls

Been to The Overlook Mansion? Share your experiences!