“NOT VERY IMPRESSED!”

Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Liverpool
Richmond Hill, Canada
“NOT VERY IMPRESSED!”
Reviewed 17 September 2013

We arrived about 3:20p.m. tired and dishevelled after a long, hot drive from the Cape. First problem was finding the hotel. Who knew it was hidden behind a Holiday Inn! Entered and was greeted coldly by two young girls at the front desk. Sorry, I didn't look as though I'd just stepped out from the pages of Vogue magazine! Showed my Platinum Priority Card and was asked "so, anything we can do for you". Said we'd like to check in and was told we couldn't until 4p.m., because all the rooms were dirty and besides, check in wasn't til 4p.m. Got a room at 4p.m., and while waiting at the desk, one girl left after "Tammy" said to her, "i'll call you later, sweetie, and we'll discuss our love life"!!! Very professional? NOT! Room was typical Staybridge. We left the next morning, heading for our FAVOURITE, PROFESSIONALLY RUN STAYBRIDGE IN CLARENCE, NEW YORK. Next time we're in the vicinity of Syracuse, we'll be sure NOT TO STAY at this STAYBRIDGE again, unless we've heard that they've hired competent grown-ups to run their front desk

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel!!!!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Beverley O
Jeremiah T, Front Office Manager at Staybridge Suites Syracuse/Liverpool, responded to this review, 19 September 2013
Beverley O

Thank you for taking the time to review our property and letting us know about your stay, I'm sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay. I have sent you a private message in the hopes of reaching out and learning more so that we can take this information and learn to better ourselves. I hope to hear from you soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 16 September 2013

I stayed at the Staybridge Suites for one night, booking a 2 bedroom suite. There is a King bed with bathroom, and another bedroom with two double beds with their separate bathroom. This suite was very, very spacious for the 5 adults, especially with 2 bathrooms. We were very impressed with the full kitchen and living area as well.

We took advantage of the complimentary breakfast buffet, which didn't have a lot of variety, however, they had to go containers and bags for us to pack. I really loved that! We missed the weeknight dinners, I'm sure it would have been just as good.

We spent a lot of time at Destiny USA mall (about an 8 min drive) from the hotel, and this hotel was very easy to find.

I think this hotel would get an excellent rating, however at night you can hear the train horn go by. It wasn't very frequent, and not very loud, I was able to sleep through it. If you are a very light sleeper, this may be a concern.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Jeremiah T, Manager at Staybridge Suites Syracuse/Liverpool, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
pipperino14

We are sorry for the delay in the response to your stay; we just wanted to thank you for the review you left. We loved that you enjoyed our two bedrooms suites. We hope when you travel back to the Syracuse area you keep us in mind.
Cornwall, Canada
Reviewed 15 September 2013

What a great place to stay. We travelled as two couples and booked the two bedroom suite. Wow, this was great. It provided us with our own rooms with ensuite bathrooms, a nice kitchen and a great sitting area. Staff is very helpful and pleasant at this hotel. Food was quite good and we were surprised to find out about the evening socials that included food. The gym is great,lots of choice in equipment and very clean. Only small downfall was the air conditioner unit on the outside wall is quite noisy. Nice and close to the malls and outlet shopping.

Room Tip: Well, we've stayed here twice and really liked the rooms. Not sure what is the best be to choose...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Jeremiah T, Front Office Manager at Staybridge Suites Syracuse/Liverpool, responded to this review, 16 September 2013
RoyalService

We loved hearing about your recent stay with us! We are glad to be meeting your expectations and hope to see you again in the near future.
Wilmington, DE
Reviewed 12 September 2013

I stayed with friends and shared a suite. Cleanliness is very important to me and I must say, I was very comfortable with the general upkeep of the entire hotel. The small but full-sized fridge in the room was very handy for storing perishables. The breakfast buffet provided a nice variety of foods, great Wolfgang Puck coffee and was convenient. I must also add that I have never been on a more speedy or quiet elevator! I would definitely consider staying there again.

Room Tip: This hotel is an easy commute to the state fairgrounds.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Jeremiah T, Front Office Manager at Staybridge Suites Syracuse/Liverpool, responded to this review, 14 September 2013
Deblondesinger

We loved hearing that you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you so much for leaving the positive comments, and we hope to see you again in the future!
Reviewed 4 September 2013 via mobile

I had to stay here for three weeks, it was a great place!! Super breakfast buffets, the shuttle service and laundry service was awesome. The rooms were fully furnished and very clean. I would def stay here again!!

• Stayed August 2013
Jeremiah T, Front Office Manager at Staybridge Suites Syracuse/Liverpool, responded to this review, 15 September 2013
CJones420

Thank you for leaving such a wonderful review, we are glad to know you enjoyed your time here with us. We hope to see you again soon!
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Staybridge Suites Syracuse/Liverpool was everything and more for an extended stay hotel. I was placed here by my company, when I worked out of Syracuse for two weeks. The hotel is well designed and has a feeling of home away from home, which is expected with an extended stay hotel. The rooms are very nice, as they have a kitchen, couch, bed, and washroom. Also, there is laundry on site and it's free, as long as you bring your own detergent. Bascially a small studio apartment, but with daily house-keeping, every-day breakfast, and Monday through Thursday dinners. What makes the Staybridge Suites Syracuse/Liverpool off the chart excellent is the staff. All of the workers, from house-keeping/maintenance and food preparers to the front desk associates are phenomenal. Heather, Taylor, and Jordan make you feel like one of the locals, as they interact with you like you're their neighbor. Also, Sarah in marketing welcomes you with a stop by the dinning area and/or an email. Overall, I enjoyed my stay at the Staybridge Suites and can't wait to get asked to work in Syracuse again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Matteo A
Matteo A

We appreciated all of your wonderful feedback and just wanted to thank you for letting us know how we are doing. We hope in the future to see you again if and when you travel into the Syracuse area.
new york
Reviewed 3 August 2013

these suites are great- full kitchens and plenty of room for family. but we were trying to sleep and there was some rowdy people in the hallway / nearby rooms and i had asked to be placed in a quiet area of the hotel (traveling with infant). im sure it was a busy weekend but my lack of sleep really bothers me after paying nearly $200 for one night

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Jeremiah T, Front Office Manager at Staybridge Suites Syracuse/Liverpool, responded to this review, 4 August 2013
jbolles08

I was glad to hear you enjoyed the layout of our rooms. I have sent you a private message with regards to the problems you had with not being able to get a full nights sleep, I hope to hear back from you.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Liverpool
Homewood Suites Syracuse/Liverpool
Maplewood Suites Extended Stay - Syracuse/Airport
Best Western Plus Liverpool-Syracuse Inn & Suites
Knights Inn Syracuse/Liverpool
Holiday Inn Syracuse/Liverpool Airport Hotel
Comfort Inn & Suites Syracuse Airport

Been to Staybridge Suites Syracuse/Liverpool? Share your experiences!