Our family of four recently spent two nights here while visiting Syracuse University. Here are the pros and cons of our stay:
- clean and spacious suite, with plenty of storage space in the bedrooms
- nice lobby area with a fireplace, tv, and plenty of tables/seating.
- close to SU, Destiny Mall, and downtown restaurants.
- free internet access in the room; no difficulty logging in with the password they provided, and connection was very good.
- no daily housekeeping on the weekend, which was a complete surprise to me. No where on their website do they mention that. They will bring up extra towels and such if you ask, but if you want a room tidy and beds made, that has to be scheduled 24 hours in advance. Sorry - that is a deal breaker for me. If I'm spending $220+/nite, I expect my room to be tidied and towels replenished daily.
- bathroom set up is odd - toilet and shower are behind a door that locks, but the sink/vanity area opens onto the bedroom, and the light is glaring. I am an early riser, while my husband is a night owl - it was very difficult to brush teeth, wash hands, etc. without waking each other up. I'm not sure if all the suites are set-up this way, but I would ask to see the room first if that is something that would bother you.
- extremely loud a/c unit. The rooms were a little warm, so my husband turned on the a/c for a bit - it woke me up, and I am a sound sleeper. I imagine that could be an issue during the warmer months if you are a light sleeper.
- there were plenty of choices at the breakfast buffet - waffles, hot/cold cereal, bagels, eggs, sausage, muffins, etc. but the quality was mediocre at best. I will say the coffee selection was nice - dark, medium, and light roast, along with decaf, and several Coffee Mate flavored creamers.
- there are no restaurants nearby, and while there is room service, they only deliver until 10pm, and the food quality once again was mediocre.
Bottom line - I would not stay here again. It served its purpose on this trip, but in future I would look elsewhere. It was just not worth the money.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Staybridge Suites Syracuse/Liverpool reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites Syracuse/Liverpool Hotel Liverpool