“Not a fan”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 20 July 2013

Went to Sharkey's on a weekend night recently for a drink with friends. Did not stay long. The service was not very good and the beer was quite warm. I don't know if the a/c was broken or not turned on, the guy at the door seemed confused when we asked about it. Just really not the place for me. Probably would not go back.

2  Thank Kelly G
Knichols7240, Owner at Sharkey's Sports Bar and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2013

I apologize that you did not have a good experience. It is our main goal to make sure everyone gets 5 star service and has an enjoyable time. The night that you visited our establishment we had an issue with a lightning strike in the area that knocked out 2/3 of our power, which caused our AC to not work, so that coupled with 90+ degree weather it was hot in the restaurant.
If there is anyway that you would be interested in giving us another chance, I would be happy to buy your next meal at Sharkeys. Just call me at the restaurant and we would be happy to take care of you.
Thank you.
Jim
Manager
315214-4116

Reviewed 12 March 2013

I love this place for a beer and a delicious bite after work. Grilled Chicken Sandwich, Beach Burger, the fries and fish tacos are AMAZING!!! Decent selection of draft beers. There is always, ALWAYS something going on from volleyball leagues to live music.

Reviewed 8 March 2013

What a complex! Great sports bar with Flat Screens everywhere. What ever sporting event is on they can get it. The food is excellent with a varity to choose from. In the Spring, Summer and Fall plenty of Volleyball to sign up for. WIth over a half dozen of courts there is plenty of entertainment to watch while you have a few cocktails. They also bring in great bands throughout the year. I have been there during the summer on Thursday for there outdoor concert series. They also have a great outdoor patio set up for those great summer nights!!
They also have a happy hour that is one of the best in the area. Monday through Friday there is a buy one get one free any drink you want. Includes Mix drinks Wine and Beer.
Very important to me was everyone who work there treated me like a friend and were extremely nice!!

Reviewed 8 March 2013

Visited with friends on recent Friday. Loaded nachos, wings, fish tacos and mahi were all great, The bar had an awesome atmosphere with a live band playing. A DJ started at 10pm with great dance music and a nice mix of customers. Service was very good and drink specials put it over the top. Can't wait to go back.

Reviewed 3 March 2013

This place was nice. Spent some time in the summer playing kan jam, watched some ppl play volleyball. Went this time and now its ghetto. Got frisked at the door and my friend was told he couldnt wear a hat. Its bc of the ppl that are now going to this place. They need security bc it is unsafe. Wont go again now.

1  Thank creeg35
Knichols7240, Owner at Sharkey's Sports Bar and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2013

I want to thank you for taking your time to write a review. Friday and Saturday night after 10pm inside are the nights that we go for a dance theme with a DJ and we are trying hard to insure that we get a social crowd that is there to have a good time. We are looking for people to dress appropriately. We have also mixed in a number of themed events such as 80's night, Country night and Ugly Sweater party. I want to assure everyone that as we head into summer and the outside bar opens up again that people will be playing volleyball and Kan Jam and casual dress will be welcomed as it is during most business hours.
Thank you.