“unhappy with service”

Chili's
Ranked #25 of 122 Restaurants in Liverpool
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 2 August 2014

This is a chain so the food was as expected, Nothing special, but what was special was that we went to celebrate a birthday. I arrived a few minutes ahead of the group and arranged that the hostess knew about the birthday. Our meal service was slow (good thing we were not on a lunch break or we would have been late) and while we were eating 2 other birthdays were celebrated at near by tables, with song and a dessert. The waitress presented us with our bill and wished us a nice day. Upon exiting I asked the hostess about this birthday we came to celebrate and she said she forgot. How can you forget something like this, when 2 other birthdays were celebrated. Isnt that enough of a reminder? Needless to say I was disappointed and I know there are a number of other restaurants to go to next time.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

We had never been to a Chili's restaurant before, and we were disappointed in this one. The food was OK, prices on the high side. We specified no cilantro on our salads, got cilantro. Cheerfully replaced, but I think they recycled the chicken breast on top. Waitress was very cheerful and helpful, so she earned a tip.

Reviewed 26 September 2013

I don't even know where to start, first we sat at a bar top for 25 mins before our server came to the table, watch 2 other parties that came in after us served before, heck they received their food before we even received our drinks. Then we ordered a fajita dinner and a sirloin steak MED, first the chicken fajita came to the table looking nasty, was not cooked all the way as fajita should be, but was was not pink, results of a MICROWAVE, before I go any further I have been cooking for over 20 plus years and have taught culinary arts for over 10 years with that EPIC FAILURE Chili's, now a med steak should not be raw in the center, I swear I heard the cow scream in pain as I cut my steak. We will never eat here again, sad thing is we live very close to it, in fact I can see it from my patio as I write this, the one thing I will say that is good the bar and wait staff are great, real friendly and pretty ashamed of the kitchen but dud not openly blame them.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Why would a restaurant with a very good menu and prices, running promotions to bring more people in, skimp on a simple thing a few strips of steak for a fajita platter? The steak was a disgrace - almost entirely fat. The chicken and shrimp, on the other hand, were great!

Although there were few people, our server was not as attentive as we feel he should have been, and seemed to resent our splitting a meal. We will certainly make sure we don't get him again on a return trip.

Reviewed 10 June 2013

I stopped in here more for drinks than for food, so I sat at the bar. My bartender mixed me up a "Presidential Marguarita," which was very tasty (and pretty large too)! The bartenders both seemed to interact well with the clientele, which is always nice. Most of the folks at the bar seemed like locals, while many people were just waiting for tables. Since I didn't order food from the menu, I couldn't judge the edibles, but the drinks were a definite hit.

I would come back to this placed...seemed like a lot of fun and good drinks.