BEST WESTERN PLUS Liverpool-Syracuse Inn & Suites
GreenLeadersSilver level
New York
“Pleasant Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014

Stayed here 1/19 - 1/20/2014. Overall, a pleasant stay. We secured an excellent rate by calling the hotel directly. The room, a suite, was spacious and clean. Fridge actually kept items cold, a rarity in my travels. AC/heat unit a bit loud. Housekeeping did a fine job. Beds were comfy. Some noise from NYS Thruway traffic but not enough to bother with a room change. We enjoyed time in the small pool and whirlpool spa. Nice breakfast. Free coffee, tea, lemon ice water throughout the day, witht he addition of warm, chewy cookies mid afternoon until gone. Staff was friendly, with the exception of a surly, unpleasant gal at check in. Perhaps it was my request to check in early (1:00 pm) if possible; I certainly was not insistent or rude about it. I would have understood if a room was not ready for occupancy. Attempts at pleasantries with this gal were rebuffed. But this is not a case of "one bad apple spoils the whole bunch". The good far outweighed that brief blip on the hospitality radar. Shame it was a first impression though.

Room Tip: Request a room with less of a noise factor from NYS Thruway. Book a suite; very roomy.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Ralph D, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Liverpool-Syracuse Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
As always, I appreciate it so much when guests take the time to review their stay with us. Whether it is an overall positive or somewhat constructive, there is no better gauge on how well you do our jobs than in these reviews. Thank you so much for writing yours! Please know that we take the time as a team to go over the reviews and surveys we receive here. It is our goal to make sure our guests feel welcome and enjoy a relaxing stay with us. I do sincerely regret the issue with my front desk staff, our guests should not experience any issues during their stay, especially at check-in. Please know that I will be sure to review this with my entire front desk staff personally. We look forward to your next stay with us!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Hopton
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2014

My husband and I booked this hotel because it was close to the doctor and surgery center. We were very disappointed. The bed was lumpy and very uncomfortable and the breakfast was terrible. The traffic noise kept us awake all night. We would not stay here again,

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank JM P
Ralph D, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Liverpool-Syracuse Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
I know it may seem 'a little too late' to apologize for your issues during your stay, but on behalf of my entire staff, we sincerely regret any of the issues mentioned in your review. Please never hesitate to ask for me personally or bring any issue to the attention to any member of our team here. It is our goal to make sure our guests feel welcome as well as enjoy their time with us. Every member of my staff works hard daily and takes pride in their efforts in order to maintain our overall positive reputation. I do thank you for your honest feedback and constructive comments about your stay. I take every review seriously and please know that we will address each issue you made note of in your review. I am very sorry that you experienced anything less than our best efforts during your stay. I truly hope that we are able to have another chance one day to provide the stay we have come to be better known for giving our guests.
Conklin, N, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2014

Perfect place to spend the night after shopping all day at the Destiny Mall. Staff very friendly and rooms very clean and comfortable...highly recommend for a Overnite getaway...Would definately stay again. if you need a crib recommend you bring your own.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you so very much for taking the time to review your stay with us! Having the honest input from our guests helps to keep us focused on making sure we provide every guest we meet with excellent service. Knowing that your were able to relax and enjoy your time with us during your visit to Destiny Mall let us know that we accomplished our goal for you. It is important to note that as we get closer to Spring, we will be looking at making some updates to our equipment and amenities, so your input regarding our cribs is helpful. We look forward to your next visit with us, have a wonderful Winter Season!
Barrington, RI
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2014

Stayed here on business and I was won over by the value and friendly staff. I was upgraded to a suite when I first walked in and the room was very large and comfortable. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The hotel is almost directly off the highway and among a number of large companies and for me right down the road from where I was doing business. The hotel is right next to the highway but I did not hear the traffic at night and there are a number of state trucks parked on the path up to the hotel which seems to be a parking lot for the state and not very attractive but don't let that detract from the value of the hotel. Best rates by far in the area and hotel was clean. This is not the Ritz but for business it was perfect. Nice pool and plenty of restaurants near by.

Room Tip: Try to stay away from the highway side
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Ralph D, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Liverpool-Syracuse Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
Please allow me to express my thanks and appreciation for the time taken to review your stay with us! As a team, we all take pride in our efforts to provide our guests with excellent service and want to maintain that positive reputation we have built. Making sure you felt welcome and enjoyed a relaxing stay with us is our top priority. Our location does give us an added advantage for our guests to enjoy as well. Thank you for your business and we look forward to your next visit to the Syracuse area!
Winter Springs, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014

My family stayed here overnight recently and we really enjoyed it. The location is very convenient and easy to get to with plenty of parking, and the grounds were very well-kept. Every member of the staff that we encountered were very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and up-to-date with a nice flat screen TV.

We will definitely return.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Ralph D, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Liverpool-Syracuse Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write a review about your stay with us. It is encouraging for me as GM to know that even during the sometime slower days during the winter that my team is still providing a superior level of service! I will be sure to pass along your kind comments to the entire team! We hope that we can make each guest we meet feel welcome and enjoy a relaxing, comfortable stay. It is always our goal to strive with our best efforts in giving excellent service to everyone. Thank you again for your positive review and we look forward to your next stay with us!
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014

wonderful staff and hotel! minutes from the Destiny mall in Syracuse!! Great fitness centre, breakfast and the suite was fantastic!! My fellow shopping friends and I would stay there again in a heartbeat!!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Receiving honest reviews from our guests is invaluable to me as GM because it gives me insight as to how well the entire team is doing. Thank you so very much for your review and especially the positive comments! I will be sure to pass them along to the entire team. We have built a solid reputation for providing excellent service and a comfortable stay, one in which we take great pride in maintaining. I am glad to see that we have made sure you felt welcome, and thank you for your business. We look forward to your next stay with us!
Black Brook, NY, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014

We have stayed at the Best Western Plus Liverpool Grace Inn & Suites for several years now, as we travel to the New York State Fair every year. Overall, the facility and staff have been among the best I have experienced, and I have stayed in many while traveling for business. The hotel is well maintained, is kept immaculately clean, and the staff are friendly and go out of their way to make sure your stay is a pleasant one. The location is perfect as well, with quick access to the NYS Thruway, Interstate 81, Downtown Syracuse, Destiny USA, and the NYS Fairgrounds. Overall, I highly recommend this hotel to anyone needing to stay in the greater Syracuse area.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Ralph D, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Liverpool-Syracuse Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 11 January 2014
On behalf of my entire team, thank you so very much for taking the time to review your stay with us! It goes without saying that we work very hard every day in order to provide our guests with excellent service and a comfortable stay. I am encouraged to see that we were able to make you feel welcome and relaxed during you time. I will be sure to pass along your positive comments to the entire team! It is also great to read that we have been consistent with our efforts for you especially since you are a regular guest with us. We look forward to your next stay in the area and please have a wonderful winter season!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Liverpool
Comfort Inn & Suites Syracuse Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse Erie Blvd/I-690
Maplewood Suites Extended Stay
Homewood Suites Syracuse/Liverpool
Staybridge Suites Syracuse/Liverpool
Knights Inn Syracuse/Liverpool

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Liverpool-Syracuse Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!