“Wonderful Food but Cold Restaurant”
Review of Gentile's Pasta & Pizza Cafe - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Gentile's Pasta & Pizza Cafe
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 25 February 2013

We had a wonderful lunch there on a frigid day in February. I had the buffet and my friend had a Philly steak sandwich. The food was wonderful especially the garlic knots. However, it was so cold in there that we ate with our coats on, and we will still cold. I will go back again, but I am waiting until warmer weather.

1  Thank Scarborough04074

Reviewed 8 February 2013

I have had lunch there three times and each was slightly different. They always have soup, pizza, greens, pasta, entree and garlic knots. On my last visit, the waitress brought me a complimentary order of fried dough. For $9.95 how can you go wrong!

Reviewed 30 January 2013

Lucky for us, we can ride our bikes to Gentile's (when the weather is nice that is!) Great pizza. We love their wings...especially the honey bbq. We enjoy the gourmet pizzas that they offer. Greens are fabulous and a great side dish to a slice or two of pizza. The restaurant is very cozy and inviting, and the staff is great...so it's a great place to stay and eat rather than always doing delivery or pick up. In December you can call to order your food as you start Lights on the Lake, then your food will be ready when you finish the lights!! Stay and eat, have a glass of wine and warm up.....or bring it home!

Reviewed 28 September 2012

We stopped at Gentile's Pasta & Pizza Cafe in Liverpool during a trip to wine country with my gluten free wife. For anyone eating gluten free, you know pizza is a hit or miss proposition and we tend to schedule hotels around highly rated gluten free dining.
Gentile's has a home made gluten free crust that rivals the best regular pizza crust and... it's just as good leftover cold!
We were greeted by the hostess Mara who answered all of our questions knowledgeably, quickly and with genuine concern that we enjoyed our experience. Gentile's is basically a pizza shop, but has a lovely atmosphere and the linen napkins were a very nice touch. Our pizza barista Brian produced pies of perfectly browned, crispy and springy crusts with the exact right amount of ingredients and cheeses, delivered piping hot to our table on raised pizza trays which lends a lovely air of elegance. The selection of gourmet pizza toppings was extraordinary and something I've not seen before was the ample selection of different cheeses offered for pizza toppings as well. Everything from the standard mozzarella to goat cheese.
I would be remiss if I did not mention the kitchen guru Megan who produced absolutely the best tasting and perfectly hot buffalo style wings. Available in mild, med and hot, I chose medium and was extremely pleased with resulting appetizer. Megan's pasta selection (which we will try next trip) was large with many unique sauces and add-ons available. For the most part, every pasta dish offered can be produced gluten free with a possible variance on the pasta itself. Something any gluten free diner would be delighted with.
Don't let the gluten free selection fool you though. Their regular offerings are outstanding as well and the atmosphere, friendliness and overall warm feeling that you get from the staff will bring you back again.
Did I mention the selection of local brewed beer? Not a huge selection, but enough to satisfy discerning palates. Wine is offered as well.
This was one of our most enjoyable dining experiences during the trip and although a casual atmosphere, the food, the selection and the mannerisms of the staff gave it the feel of a local, family run Italian restaurant.

1  Thank DonA P