“Great Place!”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Waitstaff
Liverpool, NY
“Great Place!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2013

I haven't had sushi in awhile and remembered that this place just opened not too long ago, so decided to try it out. Honestly, the location kind of sucks and I hope they are able to overcome that because it's a great place! The setup was nice and I liked the idea of having the two separate bar areas - one was more bar-like while the other was the sushi bar... and then tables lined the sides. The decor was trendy and to my liking for a sushi place. The food was fantastic and reasonably priced as well! My dining partner and I split a few specialty rolls and the chef came and brought one out on the house for us as well, which was a pleasant surprise! The server was very nice as well. The one critique I have is that the music didn't really match the decor - it sounded like classical music, which was a bit odd. It was just us and one other table, so we needed some background noise to liven the place up. Overall, it was great food and I will definitely be back in the future!

• Visited June 2013

“Delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2013 via mobile

I love kawa! Their sushi is always fresh and delicious. They have a lunch deal where you can get 2 sushi rolls, a salad and soup for 8.50. They also have a lunch box that is really really good. I like the fact that there is something for everyone. People who aren't sushi lovers have something to enjoy as well. The hibachi and the Tariaki are both spectacular.
My husband and I eat here regularly. I brought my parents here for lunch a few days ago. We ordered an aplitizer, my dad ordered scallop hibachi and my mom and I each ordered the sushi lunch. The bill came to 35.00 not bad at all considering the amount of food you get.
Go!!!! You won't be disappointed.

Naples, Florida
“Great Food; Great Service; Very Reasonable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2013

This new restaurant, conveniently located in Hiawatha Plaza next to Aldo's, is a fine addition to the local fare. It is clean, and both the food and service are excellent. Open for lunch or dinner, the setting is simple and quiet - a good venue for a business lunch.

We shared the salmon entree and sashimi appetizer plate, using a Lifestyle Discount coupon. Very tasty! The only downside was the frozen packaged desserts, which we do not recommend..

A great treat and excellent value. We will be back!

baldwinsville ny
“Sushi is Delish!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

This is the 4th time we dined at KAWA, and each time it has been very enjoyable with fresh sushi, good service, and fair prices. The tuna martini is awesome, and I enjoy the mango on some of their rolls. They recently obtained their liquor license, and had a nice selection of wine. Seating is more private most other sushi places around town.

Syracuse, New York
“AWESOME!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

Freshest tuna I've ever had; like melt-in-you-mouth; definitely high quality.

We have to get the Fried Seafood Roll every time. It is the cheapest roll on the menu and yet one of their best; a MUST for every visit. Very filling too; the 6 pcs are deceiving.

The sushi chef is so creative...FANTASTIC presentations!

Cons: It's a very small place
When you order a sushi "special" (usually for two or more), it comes out w. one bowl of soup and one salad. The salad, w. it's ginger dressing is amazing. The soup, and IDK what kind it is, is awful. It's the only thing they need to fix/change here.

• Visited April 2013