“Superior Service and Great Food”
Review of Kawa Japanese Restaurant - CLOSED

Kawa Japanese Restaurant
Cuisines: Japanese
Syracuse, New York
“Superior Service and Great Food”
Reviewed 23 July 2013

Tucked away next to Aldi's in Hiawatha Plaza is not the best location in the world, but they have done a great job standing out with two other restaurants nearby. Now, you have the choice of Japanese, Thai or Italian fare within a few hundred feet. You can park (free parking) and then decide.

From our experience, you will get the best value at Kawa. They serve excellent dinners and sushi - but you will need to quietly bring your own alcoholic beverages, 'cause they don't have their liquor license. That doesn't bother us - in fact it's a great plus!

Eat at the table or the sushi bar - and enjoy!

• Visited July 2013

Liverpool, New York
“Really Good Sushi”
Reviewed 14 July 2013

We went to Kawa shortly after they opened in May 2013. It was so new that you could still smell the scent from the construction that had been done, but nothing too serious. It was early so there was only one other table of people being served. The sushi was excellent. We had a coupon that they were running for their special for just opening so our bill was great. As with any sushi, it can be expensive depending on what and how much you order. Very good though!

• Visited May 2013
Naples, Florida
“Quiet and Friendly - with Very Good Food”
Reviewed 5 July 2013

Ample portions accompanied by friendly service and quiet, nicely appointed surroundings combine to make Kawa a great place for a casual dinner or business lunch. There is a good selection of Sushi available, as well as a complete dinner menu. The chicken was delicious!

• Visited June 2013
Liverpool, NY
“Great Place!”
Reviewed 9 June 2013

I haven't had sushi in awhile and remembered that this place just opened not too long ago, so decided to try it out. Honestly, the location kind of sucks and I hope they are able to overcome that because it's a great place! The setup was nice and I liked the idea of having the two separate bar areas - one was more bar-like while the other was the sushi bar... and then tables lined the sides. The decor was trendy and to my liking for a sushi place. The food was fantastic and reasonably priced as well! My dining partner and I split a few specialty rolls and the chef came and brought one out on the house for us as well, which was a pleasant surprise! The server was very nice as well. The one critique I have is that the music didn't really match the decor - it sounded like classical music, which was a bit odd. It was just us and one other table, so we needed some background noise to liven the place up. Overall, it was great food and I will definitely be back in the future!

• Visited June 2013
“Delicious”
Reviewed 3 June 2013 via mobile

I love kawa! Their sushi is always fresh and delicious. They have a lunch deal where you can get 2 sushi rolls, a salad and soup for 8.50. They also have a lunch box that is really really good. I like the fact that there is something for everyone. People who aren't sushi lovers have something to enjoy as well. The hibachi and the Tariaki are both spectacular.
My husband and I eat here regularly. I brought my parents here for lunch a few days ago. We ordered an aplitizer, my dad ordered scallop hibachi and my mom and I each ordered the sushi lunch. The bill came to 35.00 not bad at all considering the amount of food you get.
Go!!!! You won't be disappointed.

• Visited May 2013