“Family Restaurant and Seniors' Date Night”

Santangelo's Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 122 Restaurants in Liverpool
Price range: US$0 - US$18
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Restaurant Hours May Vary On Holidays
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Front Desk staff at the Homewood Suites recommended going to Santangelo's as it was a neighbourhood restaurant that took all of 6 minutes to find. We didn't have reservations but got a lovely seat. Jake, the waiter, was excellent. If you can, try to arrange a table in his area. He recommended a good wine, Menage a Trois (and that was the blend not something kinky), excellent veal dish and the lamb chop special for my husband. We tried to save room when a neighbouring table got a raspberry cannolli. It looked so good and so different. We shared and it was worth every calorie laden forkful.

If you are under 30 this is not a hip restaurant to impress your date or your business associates. Everyone else will enjoy the pace and the good food.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

No surprise it came highly recommended by our hotel, this restaurant is well worth all the praises.
The service was friendly and professional, the food was out of this world.
We shared the seared tuna, two asiatic salads and fried calmars.
Not only was it delicious but the presentation would win a first prize in a contest.
For desert I had a real italian tiramitsu, one of the best I have tasted so far.
We both took cappuccinos but they were not as great as the meal.

1  Thank Luc B
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I live in the Rochester,NY atea. Have been here several times on the rave reviews from my sister and her husband. Have enjoyed food and beverage several times at the bar area. But last 2 times here I was by myself and ate in the dining room. The most recent time was Sunday 7/26 about 8 pm since I was traveling from Albany. No one was at the desk and I waited alone for 5 minutes to be seated in a nearly empty restaurant. Was seated in a booth. I think the best thing about this particular trip was the server. There was a table of 3 sitting fairly close who were talking very loudly and who were rude,obnoxious and anti semetic. They appeared to know and be catered to by the hostess.
The food was fair. Plentiful and a side of sauce was requested and delivered. The bread was good and salad was well proportioned. I had 2 drinks from the bar which were fairly priced. This time as well as the last there were flying insects as well as larger insects visible at the table. Not that they ate or drank much but bugs/ insects flying or crawling around my food is nasty.
I would Not go back based on other loud rude patrons and the insect situation. If there are insects around my food then there are probably insects in the kitchen. Additionally? The kitchen staff was loud,boisterous and swearing.
I am not a prude in any way and work full time in the healthcare industry. When I go out to eat... I don't really want to listen to others being rude and loud, and I want to savor every bite of my meal which means no insects in or around my food.

4  Thank iamanurse1975
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Well, here we are for the Syracuse Nat's and another trip to Santangelo's. Ashley was a tremendous server. Food was outstanding and the outside dining area was a welcomed addition. C U next year. :)

Reviewed 28 June 2014

We ate with friends prior to last night's Syracuse Chiefs baseball game. From the friendly welcome to the complimentary calamari appetizer to the excellent cocktails, everything at the start was terrific. Dinner entrees of lasagna and Chicken a la Sally were particularly outstanding. This was the first time at Santangelo's for us, and we'll be back.