“Very nice meal (again), better seating arrangement”

Ichiban Japanese Steakhouse
Ranked #16 of 119 Restaurants in Liverpool
Cuisines: Asian, Japanese, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Hibachi style Japanese steakhouse with sushi bar, full service bar, traditional cuisine and takeout menu available.
Reviewed 15 November 2013

I ate at Ichiban Japanese Steakhouse again this week, and I enjoyed another wonderful meal at this lovely ethnic restaurant. But before I get started on the review, I want to say that I appreciate the changes made to the seating, at least to the "non-hibachi" tables in the outer room. They used to be "sunken table" seating, that required you to drop your legs down into a space below the table. I'm sure that it was very authentic Japanese. However, for people like me who are a bit older or who have artificial hips, it was tough to get down and back up again. I like the new "regular" tables much more.

Ichiban has a large and authentic menu that offers both hibachi and non-hibachi items. Since I've never sat at the hibachi tables, I've never ordered from that menu, although it looks both appetizing and authentic. For my meal this week, I ordered a teriyaki-glazed salmon that was both large and very tasty. I actually enjoyed the teriyaki sauce so much that I asked for more.

One tip to keep in mind at this restaurant. When they ask you what you want to go along with your entrée, they offer you a choice of fried rice, white rice, or noodles. They don't mention the brown rice, which is much healthier than the other choices...but they do have it if you ask for it.

The service during this meal was also very nice...friendly and personal waitresses that got me everything I needed. I enjoyed this meal, as I have enjoyed every meal I've eaten at Ichiban. I will definitely come back here.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

I dine at Ichiban 4-6 times a month. Some people think it is expensive, but for the amount of food you get, it really is not! I know my one meal ends up being two meals, 4 meals if I order double rice. I cannot get enough of this place, it's the absolute best hibachi restaurant anywhere! Most of the staff is friendly, and Bridget is always walking around making sure everything is up to par! Great experience, quite a show! Well worth the money!

1  Thank Bubbles315
Reviewed 5 September 2013

If your looking for a "fun/very filling" meal this is the place to go. Yor meal is cooked right in front of you on a huge Hiabachi table. While its cooking the cheif makes fires, flips shrimp and makes you laugh.

1  Thank Gina B
Reviewed 3 July 2013 via mobile

Had a drive by dining experience. On our way through I couldn't resist a stop at my favorite restaurant so we called ahead for some Crystal Bubble sushi, rice, and soup. Excellent.

Reviewed 29 June 2013

This was our first visit to Ichiban this year. We found the portions to be larger - yet just as tasty as always. Starting with an ample quantity of edamame, our group of five enjoyed a variety of hibachi-prepared dishes in this elegant and friendly environment. My choice is the generous soft-shell crab appetizer - and fried-rice is a must!

(The only downside was the miso soup, which was lukewarm and rather tasteless. That surprised me.)

Everyone in our party ended up with food to go - even our vegetarian! Next time, I need to try the sushi.

1  Thank Noisefree