“I have cravings now”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 6 August 2014

My husband and I have gone to a lot of restaurants because we are young and have no kids, so date night is never a problem. I am somehow a food snob (not sure why...I was raised on default brand food) and have a hard time finding things I really like. When I do, I eat the same thing at every restaurant of a particular type (Chinese-sweet and sour chicken..etc). I always get the Chicken Francaise here, and IT'S INCREDIBLE!!! I paid almost twice as much at two different local restaurants, and had terrible quality. Not the case at Avicolli's!!! So delicious!! My husband has absolutely loved everything he has tried, from the chicken milanese to the pasta and everything in between. Am I allowed to say "foodgasm" on the internet? Because that's really what it is. In other news, the older hostess could stand to be a little less gruff. She's not really rude, just brusque.

1  Thank Holley_73
There are newer reviews for Avicolli's Pizzeria Restaurant

Reviewed 4 August 2014

The Garlic Knots, Pizza, Wings and tasty delights were a bonus to the efficient service that made it an enjoyable experience!!

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Extremely Efficient Polite Professional Staff that served 5 tables of my family!! They were very accommodating giving us their undivided attention!! I will definitely return on multiple occasions to enjoy the tasty delights!!

Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I went at about 4PM on a Sunday. I ordered lasagna and he ordered two slices of pizza. The girl at the counter asked if he wanted his pizza brought out with my meal. He said, "Yes." When they brought his slices and my meal, the pizza was cold. My salad arrived pre-entree, as expected... But the dressing was warm and silverware didn't arrive 'till my entree did. The lasagna I ordered was really more of a bowl of melted mozzarella, with no definable strata you expect in lasagna. I love cheese, but any flavor that the dish may have had to offer was overpowered by the stringy ball of mozzarella. The meat was sparse, at best. I tasted no ricotta. For what the sizeable plate of cheese must cost the place, they could have turned out a much higher quality meal. I've had worse, but I would advise prospective patrons to stick to slices and wings. They're great when they're hot.

1  Thank Alicia S
Reviewed 11 July 2014

This is a unique place in that one side is the casual Avicolli's, with pizza and other menu items for eating in or take-out. The other side is a more formal sit-down restaurant. We've eaten in both, and the food can't be beat! The pizza is just the right crust consistency, and the sauce is yummy. We've enjoyed spaghetti in the sit-down side, and the portions were big enough for two! The meatballs are the size of baseballs and dilish. The service is good, but not great, and there is a hostess, an older woman, who tells you to have a nice night through somewhat gritted teeth. But, overall we enjoy eating there!